Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45977
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Who are our options during this period? I reckon Ezenwa gets in goal for the qualifiers.


The post says Uzoho is probably out for 6 weeks and your biggest concern is who will be his replacement?? Really?

And you wonder why our players pull out of friendlies?

I hope he gets back much sooner.


Six weeks or six months?


Months

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84036
Location: Earth
1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Who are our options during this period? I reckon Ezenwa gets in goal for the qualifiers.


The post says Uzoho is probably out for 6 weeks and your biggest concern is who will be his replacement?? Really?

And you wonder why our players pull out of friendlies?

I hope he gets back much sooner.

U think these folks give to.crap.about the playets?

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uzoho
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84036
Location: Earth
Wishing Nigeria's Number 1 a speedy recovery, this guy now gives me serious confidence in goal similar to Vince..ALREADY has 2 tournaments in the back the sky is the limit. See you back in March....

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13428
Location: USA
This is quite frankly awful for this guy at this stage of his career. Hasn't even built a name or a consistent starting position, and is out for 6 months?? As a goalkeeper??

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5851
Location: Ajegunle
Naija seem Jinxed in this position, first Ikeme now Uzoho.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 15112
Location: UK
DIMKA76 wrote:
Naija seem Jinxed in this position, first Ikeme now Uzoho.


Dosun

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40794
Location: UK
Still no confirmation regarding the precise injury?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:43 am
Posts: 3179
Location: Ibadan/Essex
Cruciate ligament and out for a minimum 6 months.

_________________
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13428
Location: USA
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 5221
deanotito wrote:
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly


The Spurs keeper picking up a similar injury..Was a bad landing... it happens. Uzoho was looking confident all night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13428
Location: USA
Mr Shows wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly


The Spurs keeper picking up a similar injury..Was a bad landing... it happens. Uzoho was looking confident all night.


Didn’t see the spurs keeper injury you’re talking about, but could very well have still been a lack of confidence as well….or not.

When it comes to knee ligament injuries, they happen for a variety of reasons. For some, it happens when they come to a sudden stop. For others, they happen as a result of unnatural twisting movements. With Uzoho, it was clearly the latter. And when I look at the replay over and over, it appeared to me that it was very likely because he wasn’t braced for impact.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14133
Location: South London
deanotito wrote:
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly

Ok, you can be as confident as ever but gravity is in control so just try not to land awkwardly but if you believe confidence would have prevented his injury you must know how to fly or levitate!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13428
Location: USA
Eaglezbeak wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly

Ok, you can be as confident as ever but gravity is in control so just try not to land awkwardly but if you believe confidence would have prevented his injury you must know how to fly or levitate!


I don't think you ready what I wrote. Gravity notwithstanding, you can land awkwardly and not land awkwardly. If your legs are not braced for impact, you can snap them right in 2. You have a situation here where a goalkeeper makes a very traditional leap and ends up almost snapping his knee due to the twisting that happens on impact. It is my guess (and I was very clear this was a guess) that he was not braced for impact…and that to me is either due to a half-hearted jump or a loss of concentration.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42555
Location: Pennsylvania
It was a bad injury watching it on replay. He was unlucky as I don't feel it's something he can consciously prevent. Anytime you go up to grab or attack an aerial ball, there's more risk than sitting safely on your line. Get well soon Uzoho.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14133
Location: South London
deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly

Ok, you can be as confident as ever but gravity is in control so just try not to land awkwardly but if you believe confidence would have prevented his injury you must know how to fly or levitate!


I don't think you ready what I wrote. Gravity notwithstanding, you can land awkwardly and not land awkwardly. If your legs are not braced for impact, you can snap them right in 2. You have a situation here where a goalkeeper makes a very traditional leap and ends up almost snapping his knee due to the twisting that happens on impact. It is my guess (and I was very clear this was a guess) that he was not braced for impact…and that to me is either due to a half-hearted jump or a loss of concentration.

Ok

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:43 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 61298
Yeah it looked bad, watching it live

Wish him a speedy recovery.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uzoho
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 32820
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Typical Cockroach. When the light comes on they hide in the dark. Uzoho is fine. The stupendous performance of our team is what we're concerned about.

Stupendously disappointing you mean. :roll:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5851
Location: Ajegunle
he landed on his toes, when ever i am in goal I always aim to land in my heels, the weight is spread across a wider area. the pressure was way too much, landing on his toes. His knees subsequently gave way.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2833
Akpeyi's pastor must really be one of a kind, get well soon our irreplaceable #1.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47126
deanotito wrote:
This is quite frankly awful for this guy at this stage of his career. Hasn't even built a name or a consistent starting position, and is out for 6 months?? As a goalkeeper??



It's crazy, apparently, the other goalkeeper in his club also suffered a freak injury on national duties as well.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54518
Location: United Kingdom
A solution is on the way:


Bournemouth teenage goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola seeks to use U17 World Cup to become Nigeria's number one - See more at: https://bit.ly/32MXgeM

I for one shall be keeping an eye on this youngster when Nigeria's campaign gets going over the weekend. He appears to be a great prospect as everyone is already talking about him.

Nigeria should be looking to lift her sixth U17 World Cup[ in Brazil and expect a few youngsters to emerge for the SDuper Eagles. At the moment, we have Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen from the 2015 squad as Eagles starters, just as we have Francis Uzoho from the 2013 World Cup winning team.

Come Qatar 2022, I expect at least two members of the 2019 team to be in the World Cup squad. Who knows, this kid Joseph Oluwabusola may emerge as a revelation.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:38 am
Posts: 6290
deanotito wrote:
Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly


Nonsense $#% opinion. Pardon my language.

He landed awkwardly and got injured. Has nothing to do with confidence. I guess Victor Valdes who suffered a similar injury a while back also had confidence issues. It is quite common for goalies because they must jump and land accurately, else their knees or ankles will buckle. Tim Krul at Newcastle, Asenjo at Villareal, El Shanawy of Egypt, immediately come to mind. These injuries are also very common in basketball.

Anyway, these "explanations" just reflect the mindset of people who do not want to admit that accidents happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: On Uzoho's Injury
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29999
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
A solution is on the way:

Bournemouth teenage goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola seeks to use U17 World Cup to become Nigeria's number one - See more at: https://bit.ly/32MXgeM

I for one shall be keeping an eye on this youngster when Nigeria's campaign gets going over the weekend. He appears to be a great prospect as everyone is already talking about him.

Nigeria should be looking to lift her sixth U17 World Cup[ in Brazil and expect a few youngsters to emerge for the SDuper Eagles. At the moment, we have Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen from the 2015 squad as Eagles starters, just as we have Francis Uzoho from the 2013 World Cup winning team.

Come Qatar 2022, I expect at least two members of the 2019 team to be in the World Cup squad. Who knows, this kid Joseph Oluwabusola may emerge as a revelation.


Why? Because you heard 'Bournemouth'?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you EVER seen him play? He couldn't get game time at the U17 AFCON even as we struggled with goalkeeping issues following the MRI exclusion of the GK at the U17 WAFU qualifying tournament. Anyway, I hope that the kid goes on to blossom into a good GK (even though there are indications he's on the way out at Bournemouth and he's currently NOT listed in their U18 squad).

Frankly, the only surprise is that you also did not list Daniel Jinadu of West Ham Academy, but that's probably because you have not fortuitously stumbled upon a story about him (in the manner that you stumble upon Joseph). In fact, the starting GK for the Eaglets at the U17 WC is more likely to be between Daniel and Abuja Football College's Shaibu Stephens (albeit Joseph remans in the frame).

Anyway, do not make this another Friday Onyekwu debacle...
Let these teenagers grow and hopefully blossom at a natural pace.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group