Match observations Nigeria v Brazil

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Match observations Nigeria v Brazil

Post by vancity eagle »

First of all congrats to our boys and coach Rohr. What a result.

Do people understand the pressure that Brazil was under to come out and make a statement after 3 winless games since their copa triumph.

Do not get it twisted, this Brazil was highly motivated to win this match, and I can tell you now that their coach and the entire nation of Brazil is pissed after failing to beat either Senegal or Nigeria.

I will tell you that they are even starting to talk about sacking their manager AFTER HE JUST WON THE COPA.

My initial observations

1. Collins is not it - He is Ok player, trust me not bad, Brazil can make any defender look poor, but I think we can do better. I was surprised Rohr did not eject him to give Ebuehi a chance. I think even Ola Aina is a better option at LB

2. Uzoho is good but he needs to be more aggressive on crosses, especially with his height, I mean damn. His passiveness is what lead to him getting injured. The guy just stood there and watched as the Brazilian player came to head the ball. The guy needs to be ruthless in the air. He needs to work on this part of his game.

3. Aribo is a God send. What a player. Joins the attack, knows how to score, comes back to make tackles, a good passer, calm on the ball. Sorry but this guy is much better than Etebo who always gives the ball away. There is no question that Aribo is a starter at this point.

4. Paul Onuachu is useless as far as I'm concerned. His touch is just so horrible and not good enough for this level. I was seriously angered that Rohr took out Oshimen for that tall carpenter wastepipe.

5. Awaziem is a certified G. What a game he had. Locked down that RB today against perhaps the best team in the world. He can easily deputize as a RB, especially when we play superior teams. He even put in some good crosses today.

6. Ndidi is a world class destroyer, but he is very sloppy at times. Sometimes poor passing, and sometimes too slow on the ball

7. Iwobi is also sloppy, but he has his pluses as well, and we currently do not have a player who can drive from midfield atm, although I wonder how Aribo would do in that position. Iwobi blows hot and cold, but he does play well at times. He will improve.

8. Oshimen is a hustler, very good striker, intense, fast, good control, with an eye for goal, good in the air as well. Glad to finally see him don the #9. It should be his for some time.

9. Would like to see Okoye in a less pressure match. Hopefully the guy can come good for us. He did OK, but had little to do. I find it telling that Rohr preferred him over Ezenwa in such a high pressure match. Frankly come next ANC I dont want to see Ezenwa on the bench. We need to move on.

10. Rohr has solidified his position as coach. He is building something truly special. Rome was not built in a day. The NFF better pay this man and lets move forward. We do not need this kind of destabalization. Rohr is building a team that can take Qatar by storm.
tmex12
Egg
Egg
Re: Match observations Nigeria v Brazil

Post by tmex12 »

Iwobi is scrap. He's a come off the bench player at best. Push Ramon forward into that role - he has the experience.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Simon haters what up ?

The guy was cool and calm in the box leading to our goal.

A far cry from him being a "headless chicken" that many have claimed.

Put in a defensive shift as well. He is not my favourite winger, but he deserves to be in the team ON MERIT.

And I will take him out wide than either Onyekuru or Musa.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1,We don't a LB on the horizon that can displace Collins so hopefully the boy will keep improving.This is why you play these games.

2, I think ROHR should try Kalu in Iwobi's role behind the striker.
3, Onuachu seems clumsy but he gives us n option off the bench that we'll need as the team developes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:First of all congrats to our boys and coach Rohr. What a result.

Do people understand the pressure that Brazil was under to come out and make a statement after 3 winless games since their copa triumph.

Do not get it twisted, this Brazil was highly motivated to win this match, and I can tell you now that their coach and the entire nation of Brazil is pissed after failing to beat either Senegal or Nigeria.

I will tell you that they are even starting to talk about sacking their manager AFTER HE JUST WON THE COPA.

My initial observations

1. Collins is not it - He is Ok player, trust me not bad, Brazil can make any defender look poor, but I think we can do better. I was surprised Rohr did not eject him to give Ebuehi a chance. I think even Ola Aina is a better option at LB

2. Uzoho is good but he needs to be more aggressive on crosses, especially with his height, I mean damn. His passiveness is what lead to him getting injured. The guy just stood there and watched as the Brazilian player came to head the ball. The guy needs to be ruthless in the air. He needs to work on this part of his game.

3. Aribo is a God send. What a player. Joins the attack, knows how to score, comes back to make tackles, a good passer, calm on the ball. Sorry but this guy is much better than Etebo who always gives the ball away. There is no question that Aribo is a starter at this point.

4. Paul Onuachu is useless as far as I'm concerned. His touch is just so horrible and not good enough for this level. I was seriously angered that Rohr took out Oshimen for that tall carpenter wastepipe.

5. Awaziem is a certified G. What a game he had. Locked down that RB today against perhaps the best team in the world. He can easily deputize as a RB, especially when we play superior teams. He even put in some good crosses today.

6. Ndidi is a world class destroyer, but he is very sloppy at times. Sometimes poor passing, and sometimes too slow on the ball

7. Iwobi is also sloppy, but he has his pluses as well, and we currently do not have a player who can drive from midfield atm, although I wonder how Aribo would do in that position. Iwobi blows hot and cold, but he does play well at times. He will improve.

8. Oshimen is a hustler, very good striker, intense, fast, good control, with an eye for goal, good in the air as well. Glad to finally see him don the #9. It should be his for some time.

9. Would like to see Okoye in a less pressure match. Hopefully the guy can come good for us. He did OK, but had little to do. I find it telling that Rohr preferred him over Ezenwa in such a high pressure match. Frankly come next ANC I dont want to see Ezenwa on the bench. We need to move on.

10. Rohr has solidified his position as coach. He is building something truly special. Rome was not built in a day. The NFF better pay this man and lets move forward. We do not need this kind of destabalization. Rohr is building a team that can take Qatar by storm.

Cant argue with any of this. :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:1,We don't a LB on the horizon that can displace Collins so hopefully the boy will keep improving.This is why you play these games.

2, I think ROHR should try Kalu in Iwobi's role behind the striker.
3, Onuachu seems clumsy but he gives us n option off the bench that we'll need as the team developes.

Yes with the glutony of wingers we seem to have, I think Kalu should be tried as a #10, I whole heartedly agree.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:Simon haters what up ?

Put in a defensive shift as well. He is not my favourite winger, but he deserves to be in the team ON MERIT.

He still showed little ability to take on his marker than he did when he first started for the eagles. Simon Kalu would have loved to have had a chance at the several 1v1 opportunities Simon had today.

He did a decent job, make few mistakes, but he isn't that much of a threat going forward as he used to/could be
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Maybe we can try Ebuehi in that LB position at this point? I like Collins but boy does he need to seriously improve his awareness and positioning. The RB woes have more or less been solved by a versatile Awaziem.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

It’s brazil guys not some moi moi team
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I have a feeling we could have won this game if we had Samuel Kalu or even an Onyekuru type player that could run at the not so good Brazil defense and stretch them out more... The reason why Chukwueze was forced to a more defensive role was because he missed the exciting dynamics going forward that Kalu brings(like we saw in the Ukraine game).
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Fair observations based on the game. Not much to disagree with.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:First of all congrats to our boys and coach Rohr. What a result.

My initial observations

Cant argue with any of this. :clap:
Likewise, don't care for VE but points well taken
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Likewise, don't care for VE but points well taken

The man nah craze man, but more often than not he is right with what he says. Its usually his delivery that is the problem. :lol:

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

My initial observations

Very good write-up. Thx, Van. Eagle :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This is the 'you' I used to know, not the 'cursing' one
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Oh Oh. VanCity is talking sense. Frightening
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Problem with you is that when you are happy you can be very rational.
The problem is when you are unhappy.
Your irrationality is boundless.

I can't count the number of times you have called Moses a "headless chicken" (and worse) and called for his omission, with extreme prejudice for that matter.

So you need to calm down and notrun with your emotions.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:

Problem with youis that when you are happy you can be very rational.
I can't count the number of times you have called Moses a "headless chicken" (and worse) and called for his omission, with extreme prejudice for that matter.

So you need to calm down and notrun with your emotions.

you must be mistaking me for somebody else.

Musa I have called headless chicken on many occasions.

Not Moses Simon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Problem with youis that when you are happy you can be very rational.

So you need to calm down and not run with your emotions.

you must be mistaking me for somebody else.

Musa I have called headless chicken on many occasions.

Not Moses Simon.
"Headless chicken". "Pius Ikediasm" na di same ting. :rotf:

But if you say you've never accused SM of headlessness, then I wont argue with you.
The point is that your analysis is always subject to your emotional state at the time.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I think Onyekuru should be the backup to Oshimen

Onuachu is garbage.

Onyekuru cannot cut it on the wings IMO but he is a good pacy striker. He should deputize for Oshimen.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

vancity eagle wrote:I think Onyekuru should be the backup to Oshimen

Onuachu is garbage.

Onyekuru cannot cut it on the wings IMO but he is a good pacy striker. He should deputize for Oshimen.
I think Onuachu is a decent player but he may not be effective in the role required of him to play. Onuachu is not a player one should expect to run into channels. His skill-set doesn't suit the counter-attacking style Rohr wants to play IMO.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Zelex wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I think Onyekuru should be the backup to Oshimen

Onuachu is garbage.

I think Onuachu is a decent player but he may not be effective in the role required of him to play. Onuachu is not a player one should expect to run into channels. His skill-set doesn't suit the counter-attacking style Rohr wants to play IMO.
TBH, I don't even see what skill set he has.
His first touch today was horrible and he was running around like a headless giraffe.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:It’s brazil guys not some moi moi team
And? Nor be human being dem be? Mschew!!!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

Agree w/OP's comments except on Onuachu.
I know I'm alone on this.. Onuachu needs time to grow and has to be used properly. He's a threat in the box, not outside