Most Improved SE Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Most Improved SE Players

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1, Uzoho - Wow! What a difference it makes when you get benched for Akpeyi. Going to Afcon it looked like he was on a downward trend afte rthe WC when he wasn't playing and made some mistakes when he did before eventually losing his job to Akpeyi. Today uzoho is very different goalie. He has made top draw saves in the last 2 games and seems to be able to better organize the back line. Imho, he's currently a top 3 African goalie.

2, Simon - The best thing that has happened to him so far might be playing as a RWB for Levante last year. The game seems to have slowed down for him, he's thinking the game and making great decisions with the ball. They called him "headless chicken", " short man devil", a clueless maggot on CE even called him a " baztard" during Afcon. Well...well...welll, look what we have today.

Simon is turning out to be a complete 2 way winger. Gone are the days of running with his head to the ground and losing possession carelessly or crossing the ball into the stands. The most impressive aspect of his game by far is his ability to defend the RB/RWB and keep them pinned down. It's no accident that Alves was kept on his heels today. Simon has a way to go but he's developing very nicely.

Awaziem - I don't know if he has improved or that I just hadn't watched him much until Afcon but this guy is the best man marker on the team and the most versatile defender. It is almost impossible to beat him off the dribble, he locks down his man with ease and rarely commits fouls. No he's not RB that can do Atologu dance up and down the flanks but we know that already.

He's a CB with good technical skills, reads the game well and passes well too. What a lot of us don't know about him is that he also packs a bullet of a shot. His tough tackling reminds me of the great Pastor Taribo West, his calmness is similar to the gentle giant and former capt Uche Okechukwu. I'm very excited for this boy.

We'e doing well folks. very well. The SE are back!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Most Improved SE Players

Post by Odas »

I think we will continue to do well if coach Rohr stays and turn his boys loose on the pitch, or if they let him stay. Just watch what will happen if another coach takes over the team.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Odas wrote:I think we will continue to do well if coach Rohr stays and turn his boys loose on the pitch, or if they let him stay. Just watch what will happen if another coach takes over the team.
And these right here is my fear, it's not so much about Rohr leaving or "not been tactically good enough" as SE manager according to some here, it's the possibility that once he leaves, we might be faced with the 50/50 odds of a new coach coming in to either completely destroy the promising and stable foundation/environment Rohr is building with this SE new generation, or might improve on it and make the team play better football... but one thing is certain, if we're going to "risk" such odds, whomever is replacing Rohr had better be the second coming of Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola.

And that's what the "fire Rohr now BRIGADE" don't get, ideally I want Rohr OUT just as much as the man next door cause his type of football just doesn't appeal much to me... but I've taken a more cautious and cognitive approach lately to appreciate the need and importance for CONSISTENCY first.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:I think we will continue to do well if coach Rohr stays and turn his boys loose on the pitch, or if they let him stay. Just watch what will happen if another coach takes over the team.
And these right here is my fear, it's not so much about Rohr leaving or "not been tactically good enough" as SE manager according to some here, it's the possibility that once he leaves, we might be faced with the 50/50 odds of a new coach coming in to either completely destroy the promising and stable foundation/environment Rohr is building with this SE new generation, or might improve on it and make the team play better football... but one thing is certain, if we're going to "risk" such odds, whomever is replacing Rohr had better be the second coming of Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola.

And that's what the "fire Rohr now BRIGADE" don't get, ideally I want Rohr OUT just as much as the man next door cause his type of football just doesn't appeal much to me... but I've taken a more cautious and cognitive approach lately to appreciate the need and importance for CONSISTENCY first.

With 2 months left on his contract we should hearing about negotiations but we’re not. Some forces in the nff have probably lost a lot of money with him as coach , they‘’rep going to put up a fight.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Simon does his share defensively, but tends to dwell on the ball too long when he is going forward. His step overs more often than not don't help him get past his man. He needs to be more direct and decide early whether he wants to go to the byline and cross, or if he wants to cut in and pass or shoot. Musa on the other hand is very direct but ends up passing to no one.

Simon has improved, but Kalu still remains our best choice on the left wing.

Uzoho and Awazeim are progressing very well like you pointed out. That's what makes Uzoho's injury so unfortunate.