Revisiting The Take on Collins v Brazil

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Revisiting The Take on Collins v Brazil

Post by ANC »

Aina played better in that position at the AFCON, was surprised when Rohr played Collins ahead of Aina post injury return. He was suspect back then but I attributed it to lack of games and injury. Having said that Jesus is one of the better players in the world.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigerians complain complain complain.
Idowu played they complained
Aina played they complained
Collins played They’re compla
Idowu was defensive solid and offensively weak - complained
Aina was offensively solid and defensive ok- Complained
Collins is offensively and defensively Ok - Complain

Next is ebuehi and I’m sure they will complain. The problem is that people are not willing to have patience
Last edited by john12 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I have read several analyses of the game v Brazil and I am shocked at how poor Collins was rated. Yes, he was beaten once, badly, by Jesus but in my opinion he did well in terms of what was expected of him in terms of the defensive strategy.

Many people assume that Collins is poorly positioned when they see Jesus wide. However, this isn't Sunday Sunday ball neither is this 1v 1 marking ( :rotf: ). Collins' charge is to tuck in close to Ajayi and prevent through balls going through the middle of the defense. That is the most dangerous and vulnerable area for a defense and he did very well blocking channels for possible Brazilian passes. If Jesus wishes to cross the ball, so what? That part of the defense is actually Simon's task and not Jamilu's. Yes, it may not be the best game played by Collins but he surely was not bad as he was portrayed. His runs up front was curtailed because Brazil was overall putting SE under severe pressure especially in the second half.

That is just my tuppence.
I think that dribble by Gabriel jesus made him look bad especially as jesus had his back turned to Collins and it looked like he had his man covered only to be nutmegged in such a manner.
Overall, I think he was ok as he made many vital interceptions.

Make i tell una about Football.
A good gifted talented striker or dribbler will, WILL eventually beat their marker once or twice.
No matter how good you are as a defender you will be eventually beaten by a striker in a game.
Sadly and Unfortunately for defenders, they may stop very good lethal strikers all day , but one mistake would undo all their hard successful work in the eyes of most fans that have limited knowledge of the game.
The hope is that when that striker does happen to beat his defender the other defenders step up to defend . That is why na team sport
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

john12 wrote:Nigerians complain complain complain.
Idowu was defensive solid and offensive week - complained
Aina was offensive solid and defensive ok- Complained

Next is ebuehi and I’m sure they will complain. The problem is that people are not willing to have patience
I don't think I have ever met anyone who complained more than you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote:

I don't think I have ever met anyone who complained more than you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
the uneducated illiterate cannot even spell weak...bobo yarn week like mon to friday
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

airwolex wrote:

:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16