Karim Adeyemi---Red Bull Salzburg

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Karim Adeyemi---Red Bull Salzburg

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:56 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:53 am
bret- hart wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:33 am
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:20 am It pains me how we keep missing out on these good players, is it that our scouting is so bad? even ordinary Lookman and Olise we can't even cap, na wa oo
How are we missing out on people that dont want to play for us? Biko let them be and develop the grassroots back home.
We do know these players have tge right to make a choice, right? Some do not have to choose Nigeria.
All i am saying is that our grassroots football should be the number 1 priority instead of getting scraps from European countries. This kid never had us in his rader. Same for Jamal Musiala. Its not like we had a chance to get them
The priority IS the home-based, 'grassroots' players.
That should not prevent anyone from going after whatever quality is out there in the diaspora.
They are not mutually exclusive policies like some make it out to be!

Nigerians like to politicise everything. Even your use of the word 'scraps' is political. Most of the dual nationality Nigerian kids being wooed out in Europe are NOT 'scraps'. They are mostly pushing for inclusion in the full national teams of the world's TOP footballing nations. Some are even full internationals now. How can you call them 'scraps'? :roll:

If you really want 'scraps', come to the UK where I live and let me take you round virtually every football club in England.
Nigerians full there. :D

We are the same people that lament Nigeria not going for David Alaba when he was young and willing because at the time the emphasis was rightfully on home-based youths and not "foreign scraps'' as you guys prefer to call them.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "