Chukwueze: Madrid & Barca's low cost alternative to replace.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Chukwueze: Madrid & Barca's low cost alternative to replace.

Post by iworo »

Madrid and Barca's low cost alternative to replace Bale and Dembélé

By Miguel Angel de Miguel Casas

[/video]

The player would fit perfectly into the offensive scheme of both teams.

Real Madrid and Barcelona have long shared the same problem in the right area of their respective attacks, where Gareth Bale and Ousmane Dembélé have been the subject of criticism from fans due to their poor performance, which has led the two Spanish teams to seriously to evaluate the possibility of the transfer of both attackers, having to go to the transfer market to find a quality substitute.

Within the huge range of possibilities offered by European football today, within LaLiga there is an alternative that for value for money is more than interesting, in addition to a future bet to take into account. We are talking about the Nigerian villain attacker Samuel Chukwueze,who since debuting last season with the first team of the Castilian team has done nothing but shine with his own light, drawing attention to several of the best teams Europeans, in a sale that Villarreal will have a hard time avoiding for next season if the player continues with this upward line in his progression.

The 20-year-old Samuel Chukwueze is one of the most promising African players of the moment, standing out for his devilish speed and dribbling, to which must be added a remarkable goalscoring ability, being these characteristics that have already begun to demonstrate in the lower categories of Villarreal, which will almost certainly make a good box with the transfer of the player at the time, in an operation in which both Barcelona and Real Madrid must enter fully to cover that gap right-wing offense that would be fully covered with the Nigerian player, who in his first 45 matches in the First Division has managed to score ten goals and hand out five assists.

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/samuel ... 91015.html
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze: Madrid & Barca's low cost alternative to repl

Post by deanotito »

I generally think many Nigerian players are excellent value buys, but elite euro teams don't think so....generally. Chukwueze, Ndidi come to mind...if they were European or South American, their price would be at least double what they would fetch as Nigerians. I never understand why these things are. Its like clubs are run by bad business people. If you think about it now, Marcus Rashford would go for a lot more money than Osimhen......which just should not be. People will say its marketing and jersey sales, but you have to understand, if you don't win, no one is going to buy your jersey. If you do win, the world will adjust.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

chukwueze should stay at Villareal and refine his game.

He needs to improve on using his right foot, beacuse his over reliance on his left makes him easy to mark out of games.

He also needs to improve on his decision making at times.

He is not ready for Barcelona yet.

Get playing time and refine your game.

Villareal is the perfect team for him believe it or not. I hope he stays there for another season or 2.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

I don't understand why should Osimhen be more expensive than Rashford?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

gochino wrote:I don't understand why should Osimhen be more expensive than Rashford?
:scared:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:I generally think many Nigerian players are excellent value buys, but elite euro teams don't think so....generally. Chukwueze, Ndidi come to mind...if they were European or South American, their price would be at least double what they would fetch as Nigerians. I never understand why these things are. Its like clubs are run by bad business people. If you think about it now, Marcus Rashford would go for a lot more money than Osimhen......which just should not be. People will say its marketing and jersey sales, but you have to understand, if you don't win, no one is going to buy your jersey. If you do win, the world will adjust.
But are they just specifically against Nigerian players? I mean other African players like Salah, Mane, Mahrez, Naby Keita etc get bought by big teams after consistently showing their class for at least a season or two. Might still be early for Ndidi, Samu, Osimhen they might need to show one more season of consistency to make the step up, lets be patient sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Chukwueze needs to refine his sense of team play. Every time he gets the ball is not for him to try going solo.
He needs to improve on his decision making, as to when to keep or pass the ball. Him keeping the ball too long
can only result in him being dispossessed or injured.
If he had to move from Villareal, I hope his agents find him a team where his game fits the system,
and he can be playing regularly and refining his game.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:chukwueze should stay at Villareal and refine his game.

He needs to improve on using his right foot, beacuse his over reliance on his left makes him easy to mark out of games.

He also needs to improve on his decision making at times.

He is not ready for Barcelona yet.

Get playing time and refine your game.

Villareal is the perfect team for him believe it or not. I hope he stays there for another season or 2.
Why? Did you stay in Nigeria and continue to suffer your poverty stricken life or did you go abroad for better opportunities? You people and your loser mentality disgust me!

Dembele that went to barca and failed there, does he have 2 heads? he went there, got the experience and now he will probably leave Barca and go to another top club with higher pay! You guys do not get it! You dont understand what the "stamp" of the top club gives you. if you are successful, you remain there. If you fail, you will most likely go to another top club with higher salary like then Ozil, Khedira, Van Der Vaart, Sneidjer etc etc

Everytime a Nigerian gets linked with a top club, you have these loser fans saying they should stay at small clubs! Them use failure swear for una? :curse: :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:I generally think many Nigerian players are excellent value buys, but elite euro teams don't think so....generally. Chukwueze, Ndidi come to mind...if they were European or South American, their price would be at least double what they would fetch as Nigerians. I never understand why these things are. Its like clubs are run by bad business people. If you think about it now, Marcus Rashford would go for a lot more money than Osimhen......which just should not be. People will say its marketing and jersey sales, but you have to understand, if you don't win, no one is going to buy your jersey. If you do win, the world will adjust.
But are they just specifically against Nigerian players? I mean other African players like Salah, Mane, Mahrez, Naby Keita etc get bought by big teams after consistently showing their class for at least a season or two. Might still be early for Ndidi, Samu, Osimhen they might need to show one more season of consistency to make the step up, lets be patient sha...
Bros, if Chukwueze was Brazilian, forget the stratospheric price he'd go for. Just forget it. If he were English, Dutch, just forget it....I know Chukwueze is not the finished article, but if you had a Brazilian winger terrorizing full backs the way he does in the spanish league, O pari. We no go hear word again.

This is why I dont really understand decision making in Europe. If it's really about talent, I can find you cheaper equivalent talent to many of the heralded youth (from favorite countries). If it's about saving money, you're better off going African. I ask ...is Harry McGuire worth 100M pounds? You trying to tell me I couldn't find a much cheaper African alternative??? Which defense is he playing that is worth 100m? I've seen great defenders in my time...he aint one of them.

The new boy wonder is Madison at Leicester city. He's good. I like him. But when its time to buy him, he's a 80-100m pound player, easy. At those prices, I could buy you 2.5 African talents that can produce like he does.

Let me not get started on Ndidi
Last edited by deanotito on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bros, if Chukwueze was Brazilian, forget the stratospheric price he'd go for. Just forget it. If he were English, Dutch, just forget it....I know Chukwueze is not the finished article, but if you had a Brazilian winger terrorizing full backs the way he does in the spanish league, O pari. We no go hear word again
We know that now, see likes of Vinicius but these guys come from sound soccer systems in their countries that have been proven conveyor belts for top talent. It’s certainly not the same in Nigeria so they need to prove themselves consistently before these big clubs will buy them for big money. That said I don’t see the rush, let them work their way up to these teams so they don’t suffer the cataclysmic fall that Iheanacho is going through now after starting so early at a top top club.
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:
Under what circumstances should Rashford go for more than Osimehn? The 30 goals he scored last season? How many goals has he scored in 2019? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He needs to drag his sh1t club from 12th position in the league first before considering how much anyone would even waste their money buying him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bros, if Chukwueze was Brazilian, forget the stratospheric price he'd go for. Just forget it. If he were English, Dutch, just forget it....I know Chukwueze is not the finished article, but if you had a Brazilian winger terrorizing full backs the way he does in the spanish league, O pari. We no go hear word again
We know that now, see likes of Vinicius but these guys come from sound soccer systems in their countries that have been proven conveyor belts for top talent. It’s certainly not the same in Nigeria so they need to prove themselves consistently before these big clubs will buy them. That said I don’t see the rush, let them work their way up to these teams so they don’t suffer the cataclysmic fall that Iheanacho is going through now after starting so early at a top top club.
You see, I understand the whole conveyor belt thing, but the number of Brazilian flame-outs is no better than Nigerian flame-outs. How many Nigerian players do you know that went south straight after a big move? What we tend to have is players who work tirelessly for a club and get old there, and then are shipped out.

I'm not a big fan of Joseph Yobo but his experience at Everton is more the norm for elite Nigerian players. We generally don't flame out. What generally happens is either we stay at the club for long or a new coach comes and doesn't like us. I've seen players I don't rate getting bought and getting exposed, but for truly elite Nigerian talent, nah
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Chukwueze should be allowed to develop nicely. What he needs is a manager that would guide him and give him the opportunity. The only thing a big club will offer him now is a successful team. It's important his team continues to be successful while he's developing especially given his game at this point is fantasy and frustration in equal measure. He still needs other ways of hurting a team apart from running and dribbling e.g freekicks.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Speaking of Osimehn!

Just imagine if we heard he was going to Lille 1 year before the transfer took place. Many here would have screamed! They would have told him to sit down in belgium and be "learning the trade." They will claim he is too young and not ready! That Leao, who is failing in Milan, will be the starter and old man Remy will be playing, while Osimehn will struggle to get on the team bus! They will cry and cry and twerk and tell us how Osimehn needs to buff up and his attitude problem that the sick demented German **** fabricated will prohibit him from . starting for Lille.

Look at Osimehn today!

Tufia! God forbid! Say no to loser mentality and the mentality of 'we are never good enough!"

Chukwueze! if you are reading this, WHEN (NOT IF) Barca and Madrid come! TAKE THE FOOKING OPPORTUNITY! TAKE IT! They dont have 2 heads there! they are humans like you.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:
Under what circumstances should Rashford go for more than Osimehn? The 30 goals he scored last season? How many goals has he scored in 2019? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He needs to drag his sh1t club from 12th position in the league first before considering how much anyone would even waste their money buying him.
Rashford's commercial value as an English international alone is probably worth Osimhen's fees. It is what it is. He's also a more experienced and established player. Osimhen is doing very well, may this continue to be his break out season so he can win things.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

felarey wrote:Chukwueze should be allowed to develop nicely. What he needs is a manager that would guide him and give him the opportunity. The only thing a big club will offer him now is a successful team. It's important his team continues to be successful while he's developing especially given his game at this point is fantasy and frustration in equal measure. He still needs other ways of hurting a team apart from running and dribbling e.g freekicks.
You think Gabriel Jesus and Rashford would have been better off developing in Palmeiras and Southampton respectively? Look, no one knows where the best spot for a player is. We are not God. What I do know is that young south americans and europeans are snapped up by the biggest clubs as quickly as they can do so....but generally, not young Nigerians. We win the U17s/U20s and the people we beat start getting big transfers to european teams, while our best players are sent to Porto B team. Can anyone say Nwakali was not one of the brightest talents coming out of the age-group tournaments? He dwarfed people who are now in the biggest clubs....You may want to blame it on him and his play, but I TOTALLY DISAGREE. I've seen this movie far too many times to buy that. There is just some bias against these boys.

If Barca is looking for a right sided winger, BY ALL MEANS, I hope they go for Chukwueze. Why not?
Last edited by deanotito on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:Speaking of Osimehn!

Just imagine if we heard he was going to Lille 1 year before the transfer took place. Many here would have screamed! They would have told him to sit down in belgium and be "learning the trade." They will claim he is too young and not ready! That Leao, who is failing in Milan, will be the starter and old man Remy will be playing, while Osimehn will struggle to get on the team bus! They will cry and cry and twerk and tell us how Osimehn needs to buff up and his attitude problem that the sick demented German **** fabricated will prohibit him from . starting for Lille.

Look at Osimehn today!

Tufia! God forbid! Say no to loser mentality and the mentality of 'we are never good enough!"

Chukwueze! if you are reading this, WHEN (NOT IF) Barca and Madrid come! TAKE THE FOOKING OPPORTUNITY! TAKE IT! They dont have 2 heads there! they are humans like you.
Thank you, my broda!! As our parents used to tell us when we didn't come first in class, the people wey dey play for Barca, do they have 2 heads??
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote: Rashford's commercial value as an English international alone is probably worth Osimhen's fees. It is what it is. He's also a more experienced and established player. Osimhen is doing very well, may this continue to be his break out season so he can win things.
More experienced in what??!!! How many more years than Osimehn has he been playing, professionally? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Established player? Established at what??

-- Osimehn is the UNDISPUTED STARTING CF for Lille and Nigeria
-- Rashford is starting on the left wing for both United and England, while crying that he is a CF. Sometimes they even shove him to the RW or for England, to the bench.

WTH do you think "established" means? Playing for Man United? A failing club that is in 12th position? :rotf: :rotf:

Are you just saying these words because it sweets you??
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We know that now, see likes of Vinicius but these guys come from sound soccer systems in their countries that have been proven conveyor belts for top talent. It’s certainly not the same in Nigeria so they need to prove themselves consistently before these big clubs will buy them. That said I don’t see the rush, let them work their way up to these teams so they don’t suffer the cataclysmic fall that Iheanacho is going through now after starting so early at a top top club.
You see, I understand the whole conveyor belt thing, but the number of Brazilian flame-outs is no better than Nigerian flame-outs. How many Nigerian players do you know that went south straight after a big move? What we tend to have is players who work tirelessly for a club and get old there, and then are shipped out.

I'm not a big fan of Joseph Yobo but his experience at Everton is more the norm for elite Nigerian players. We generally don't flame out. What generally happens is either we stay at the club for long or a new coach comes and doesn't like us. I've seen players I don't rate getting bought and getting exposed, but for truly elite Nigerian talent, nah
But if its the likes of Everton we are talking about then Samu is already at that level of club. I mean Mikel is the last Nigerian that has been able to hold it down at a 'Big Club' for a consistent amount of time, we don't have many examples of this while Brazil etc have a bunch that have come off that conveyor belt and are balling for big clubs consistently with more successes than 'failures'. For us for every Samu we have the Nwakali brothers, Yahaya's, Iheanacho, Isaac Success etc who are squandering their talent. It makes sense to buy these bobo's cheap and see how they turn out rather than splash money to take them from dirt roads in Naija straight to Camp Nou. Its clearly harder for Africans but I don't think we should rush the likes of Samu, those clubs will come the more consistently great he plays. Even Osimhen look at his club scout saying he'll probably have one season with them and before going to a bigger team. By the grace of God that will be his portion, he just has to do his part consistently.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

But if its the likes of Everton we are talking about then Samu is already at that level of club. I mean Mikel is the last Nigerian that has been able to hold it down at a 'Big Club' for a consistent amount of time, we don't have many examples of this while Brazil etc have a bunch that have come off that conveyor belt and are balling for big clubs consistently with more successes than 'failures'. For us for every Samu we have the Nwakali brothers, Yahaya's, Iheanacho, Isaac Success etc who are squandering their talent. It makes sense to buy these bobo's cheap and see how they turn out rather than splash money to take them from dirt roads in Naija straight to Camp Nou. Its clearly harder for Africans but I don't think we should rush the likes of Samu, those clubs will come the more consistently great he plays. Even Osimhen look at his club scout saying he'll probably have one season with them and before going to a bigger team. By the grace of God that will be his portion, he just has to do his part consistently.

Let me say this. How much do you think Mikel could have ever generated in transfer fees? When he left Chelsea as a 29 year old, where did he end up? What were the big clubs clamoring for him? When I look at players success, you have to understand that part of the battle is what happens to a player. Ihenacho had, in my estimation, one of the best eyes for goal I have ever seen a Nigerian player have. He gets shipped to Leicester where the task is either dethrone Vardy or bust. Problem is Vardy is more suited to Leicesters game than Iheanacho....minutes dry up, and the boy starts to look a shadow of himself......BUT never forget, had Pellegrini kept his job, Iheanacho's story would be different. If we were to use his performance in that last Pellegrini season as a guide, Kelechi was on this way to becoming one of the great strikers of europe.

Isaac Success is a bust, so I won't spend too much time there. But the Nwakali brothers are MUCH MORE talented than their fortunes seem to show...and therein lies my issue....Brazil and Argentina also have more than their fair share of busts too
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:Chukwueze should be allowed to develop nicely. What he needs is a manager that would guide him and give him the opportunity. The only thing a big club will offer him now is a successful team. It's important his team continues to be successful while he's developing especially given his game at this point is fantasy and frustration in equal measure. He still needs other ways of hurting a team apart from running and dribbling e.g freekicks.
You think Gabriel Jesus and Rashford would have been better off developing in Palmeiras and Southampton respectively? Look, no one knows where the best spot for a player is. We are not God. What I do know is that young south americans and europeans are snapped up by the biggest clubs as quickly as they can do so....but generally, not young Nigerians. We win the U17s/U20s and the people we beat start getting big transfers to european teams, while our best players are sent to Porto B team. Can anyone say Nwakali was not one of the brightest talents coming out of the age-group tournaments? He dwarfed people who are now in the biggest clubs....You may want to blame it on him and his play, but I TOTALLY DISAGREE. I've seen this movie far too many times to buy that. There is just some bias against these boys.

If Barca is looking for a right sided winger, BY ALL MEANS, I hope they go for Chukwueze. Why not?
Nothing wrong in going to a big club, but for a young phenom, you need a manager that's willing to guide and play you because the spotlight will be on your every move but it helps if people know you have the backing of the manager. It's what Fergie did for a young C. Ronaldo. Nacho had it with Pellegrini but didn't with Pep and subsequent Leciester bosses after the one that bought him got fired.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote: Rashford's commercial value as an English international alone is probably worth Osimhen's fees. It is what it is. He's also a more experienced and established player. Osimhen is doing very well, may this continue to be his break out season so he can win things.
More experienced in what??!!! How many more years than Osimehn has he been playing, professionally? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Established player? Established at what??

-- Osimehn is the UNDISPUTED STARTING CF for Lille and Nigeria
-- Rashford is starting on the left wing for both United and England, while crying that he is a CF. Sometimes they even shove him to the RW or for England, to the bench.

WTH do you think "established" means? Playing for Man United? A failing club that is in 12th position? :rotf: :rotf:

Are you just saying these words because it sweets you??
All Osimhen is doing is what Rashford did. Been there, done that, now he's at the next stage of learning to carry a team. But the important thing about Rashford is:

He's Manchester United and that's the real deal 8-) 8-) 8-)