If Osimhen gets injured (God forbid)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
If Osimhen gets injured (God forbid)

Post by Tobi17 »

Who will replace him in that #9 role? Onuachu definitely doesn't cut it for me as a targetman... way too clumsy, or maybe he just doesn't fit the current system we are using.
The point is we can't just rely on Osimhen cause he might have off games or worse injuries, good thing we're stacked with quality and depth in forwards/wingers with the likes of Kalu, Chidera Ejike(not Ejuke for crying out loud) , Dennis, Chukwueze, Musa, Josh Maja, Simon and other fringe options like Lookman ... but can any of them play as a center-forward?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If Osimhen gets injured (God forbid)

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who would post dumb threads if you got injured? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Tobi17 wrote:Who will replace him in that #9 role? Onuachu definitely doesn't cut it for me as a targetman... way too clumsy, or maybe he just doesn't fit the current system we are using.
The point is we can't just rely on Osimhen cause he might have off games or worse injuries, good thing we're stacked with quality and depth in forwards/wingers with the likes of Kalu, Chidera Ejike(not Ejuke for crying out loud) , Dennis, Chukwueze, Musa, Josh Maja, Simon and other fringe options like Lookman ... but can any of them play as a center-forward?

No. Which is why Rohr keeps on trying to make Onuachu a thing.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Then I would go with Onuachu, Simy, Okereke, or Umar (almost forgot him). Haven't given up on Onuachu yet cos I don't think he's gotten the ball enough when he's played for the SE.

Okereke is having a barren spell of late, but I think he will be back in form again.

Umar and Simy are the most in form of the 4 right now.
Last edited by olu on Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Onyekuru would be my first choice.

Iheanacho may also have to be recalled. I think I would prefer him to Onuachu.

Dennis and Okereke can also play there, as well as Musa when he comes back.

Anybody but Onuachu for me. The guy pulled an Ogbeche vs Egypt and his been rubbish ever since.

CHuba Akpom, Josh Maja, Taiwo Awoniyi, Isaac Success. Are any of these guys as bad as Onuachu ?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is a very rubbish thread..why the negative thoughts? My goodness, no one opens threads about messi. Cron, etc about injuries...meh. nah real wah for some CE folks sha?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The truth is that the best replacement for Osimhen is Iheanacho. This is where Rohr's robotic approach is furstrating. In his mind, if Iheanacho can't get enough minutes at Leicester, then you have to use Onuachu...but Onuachu, being immobile, is totally unsuited to our style of play. Balls will go to his leg to die.

Iheanacho may not be the sharpest or fittest right now, but his style at least fits with how we play. In general, I'm a bit unsure about Onyekuru. He seems to have talent, but isn't nearly aggressive enough to work for Nigeria.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

After Osimhen it's the 3 O's, Onuachu > Olayinka > Okereke IMO. Not too much separates them besides maybe their style of play, with Okereke having the most similarities with Osimhen in terms of style. And we even have outliers like Sadiq and Akpom doing well for their clubs.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:The truth is that the best replacement for Osimhen is Iheanacho. This is where Rohr's robotic approach is furstrating. In his mind, if Iheanacho can't get enough minutes at Leicester, then you have to use Onuachu...but Onuachu, being immobile, is totally unsuited to our style of play. Balls will go to his leg to die.

Iheanacho may not be the sharpest or fittest right now, but his style at least fits with how we play. In general, I'm a bit unsure about Onyekuru. He seems to have talent, but isn't nearly aggressive enough to work for Nigeria.
Yep, we should be helping Iheanacho, he has 7 goals for SE, none of our current players/strikers can match that, he might not be getting PT at his club but he’s proven he can score for SE. But Rohr is more focused on height.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Am I the only one that has momentarily forgotten about Iheanacho..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robotnik wrote:Am I the only one that has momentarily forgotten about Iheanacho..
Nacho hasn't been on TV lately, once he gets on TV they'll include him in their plans.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote:Who will replace him in that #9 role? Onuachu definitely doesn't cut it for me as a targetman... way too clumsy, or maybe he just doesn't fit the current system we are using.
...as is everything Nigeria, bring back the retired.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:The truth is that the best replacement for Osimhen is Iheanacho. This is where Rohr's robotic approach is furstrating. In his mind, if Iheanacho can't get enough minutes at Leicester, then you have to use Onuachu...but Onuachu, being immobile, is totally unsuited to our style of play. Balls will go to his leg to die.

Yep, we should be helping Iheanacho, he has 7 goals for SE, none of our current players/strikers can match that, he might not be getting PT at his club but he’s proven he can score for SE. But Rohr is more focused on height.
Because he has three times as many caps as them. He isn't particularly prolific either.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lai-lai!
Nacho is NOT a natural central striker (centre forward)
He plays behind the central striker and excels (or used to) in setting up players around him in a supporting role. I think the brief purple patch he struck at Man City has completely distorted the picture and many have been left with this impression that he is a main striker that is out of form.
I disagree completely.

I'd rather play Ahmed Musa in that role before Nacho.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Okereke would have been the ideal replacement but he's been out of form for a while now.
Form is temporary, class is permanent, I hope he can get back to his early season form.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Even if Iheanacho is the answer he has not been able to prove it since he left City he hasn’t taken his chances,I don’t see how some one who has an opposite approach to Oshimen should deputise him. Oshimen has the drive, passion and ability to change a game Inheanacho probably isn’t thinking about football right now!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Damunk wrote:

Lai-lai!
He plays behind the central striker and excels (or used to) in setting up players around him in a supporting role. I think the brief purple patch he struck at Man City has completely distorted the picture and many have been left with this impression that he is a main striker that is out of form.
I disagree completely.

+1. He never was a central striker. Its seems he does not have the physique or personality for it which is why he is struggling in the role. As a support striker (to anybody not Vardy), the boy can really shine.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This is a very rubbish thread..why the negative thoughts? My goodness, no one opens threads about messi. Cron, etc about injuries...meh. nah real wah for some CE folks sha?
Mumu this logic na him dey cause awa people to mud and leave family members in debt. You have to plan for all situations so this thread is not taboo. If na to chop tolotolo na, you go full ground, simple thinking in advance, you dey here dey blow hot air like the one way dey comot from your yansh steady... ewu Huestin :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:This is a very rubbish thread..why the negative thoughts? My goodness, no one opens threads about messi. Cron, etc about injuries...meh. nah real wah for some CE folks sha?
Mumu this logic na him dey cause awa people to mud and leave family members in debt. You have to plan for all situations so this thread is not taboo. If na to chop tolotolo na, you go full ground, simple thinking in advance, you dey here dey blow hot air like the one way dey comot from your yansh steady... ewu Huestin :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
keep planning ...as it is said man plan ( proposes) , God ????? finish the rest....ice block head...I guess in your head, you pray for the worst so you can bring in the alternative, why stop at planning for the worst , I wonder if you also plan for the replacement, you goats with una bad belle mouth , may such be una portion 8-)
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperEagles

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
keep planning ...as it is said man plan , God ????? finish the rest....ice block head
mumurity on overdrive... No go get plan b, when dem fire you from that part time night club bouncer job, wetin you go do? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Come beg 1Naija for handouts? :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oscar52 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Lai-lai!
I disagree completely.

+1. He never was a central striker. Its seems he does not have the physique or personality for it which is why he is struggling in the role. As a support striker (to anybody not Vardy), the boy can really shine.

This Musa as a CF thing is a CE favorite pastime, but I just think its all theoretical. Musa's strength is his speed in running at defenders. You now want to take away the bedrock of his game, and make him sit and wait for balls? Unless of course you're trying to play false 9 (and even then, he isnt my first choice), I don't see how it works. See the way Osimhen had to constantly (and admirably) battle 2 Brazilian CBs all day? Not all players can do that. Just because Musa can score does not mean he can handle the kind of marking that isolation up front will bring.

I still think Nacho is the best choice here.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
keep planning ...as it is said man plan , God ????? finish the rest....ice block head
mumurity on overdrive... No go get plan b, when dem fire you from that part time night club bouncer job, wetin you go do? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Come beg 1Naija for handouts? :rotf:
spoken like a true uneducated illiterate
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Olayinka plays a similar game with a lot of hustle and channel runs
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!