Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Out, M

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Ou

Post by osita »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:The list of players for the senior national team of Nigeria next round of games which is the 2020 Africa Cup of Nations on the 14th and 19th of November against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively is near completion according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial team.

Nigeria will first play Benin Republic on the 14th before taking on Lesotho five days later and already coach Gernot Rohr has started fine tuning his team after the two friendly games against Ukraine and Brazil played within a space of a month.

Rohr has decided to drop some players to make way for players who were missing from the game due to injury and those who didn’t impress during the games played or in training ahead of the games.

PAOK of Greece midfield powerhouse Anderson Esiti is favourite to miss out with Rohr settling for Ramon Azeez who impressed as a second half substitute against Brazil while Esiti failed to do same when he was introduced against Ukraine.

DONT MISS ==> Why Teams In Top Leagues Don't Sign Players From NPFL Teams - Agent Reveals
Viv Solomon-Otabor might have had his last invitation to the team for now with Samuel Kalu set to return for the AFCON 2020 Qualifiers as he is expected to be fit. Otabor didn’t do enough in training to be considered as a substitute in the game against Brazil.

Team captain Ahmed Musa will return to the squad if he is fit alongside Oghenekaro Etebo who missed the last game to be with his wife who was expected to give birth according to reports from players close to the Stoke City midfielder.

Sources close to Rohr also revealed that QPR midfielder Ebere Eze has been discussed extensively by the technical crew of the Super Eagles and he could get his chance in the upcoming games. His decision is however subject to international clearance which is not expected to be tedious as he only played for England in a friendly game.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/15/e ... gles-call/
I'll believe it when I see it.
But I predicted a long time ago that the more the SE profile rises, the more attractive it becomes to players of dual eligibility and consideration. Iwobi, Aina and Aribo are living example of how your career can actually fly despite choosing Nigeria.

The draw with Brazil will certainly turn heads and my instinctive feeling is that Eze will accept a Nigerian invitation.
We'll see....

He has, someone who knows the boy told me a while ago that Aribo and Eze where spoken to by a scout in NFF about the same time.
Last edited by osita on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:The list of players for the senior national team of Nigeria next round of games which is the 2020 Africa Cup of Nations on the 14th and 19th of November against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively is near completion according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial team.

Nigeria will first play Benin Republic on the 14th before taking on Lesotho five days later and already coach Gernot Rohr has started fine tuning his team after the two friendly games against Ukraine and Brazil played within a space of a month.

Rohr has decided to drop some players to make way for players who were missing from the game due to injury and those who didn’t impress during the games played or in training ahead of the games.

PAOK of Greece midfield powerhouse Anderson Esiti is favourite to miss out with Rohr settling for Ramon Azeez who impressed as a second half substitute against Brazil while Esiti failed to do same when he was introduced against Ukraine.

DONT MISS ==> Why Teams In Top Leagues Don't Sign Players From NPFL Teams - Agent Reveals
Viv Solomon-Otabor might have had his last invitation to the team for now with Samuel Kalu set to return for the AFCON 2020 Qualifiers as he is expected to be fit. Otabor didn’t do enough in training to be considered as a substitute in the game against Brazil.

Team captain Ahmed Musa will return to the squad if he is fit alongside Oghenekaro Etebo who missed the last game to be with his wife who was expected to give birth according to reports from players close to the Stoke City midfielder.

Sources close to Rohr also revealed that QPR midfielder Ebere Eze has been discussed extensively by the technical crew of the Super Eagles and he could get his chance in the upcoming games. His decision is however subject to international clearance which is not expected to be tedious as he only played for England in a friendly game.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/15/e ... gles-call/
I'll believe it when I see it.
But I predicted a long time ago that the more the SE profile rises, the more attractive it becomes to players of dual eligibility and consideration. Iwobi, Aina and Aribo are living example of how your career can actually fly despite choosing Nigeria.

The draw with Brazil will certainly turn heads and my instinctive feeling is that Eze will accept a Nigerian invitation.
We'll see....

He has, someone who knows the boy told me a while ago that Aribo and Eze where spoked by a scout in NFF about the same time.
Great news, if true.
So Tobi17 is right that the NFF have learnt to be more discreet.
Aribo came out of nowhere and he's in dreamland right now...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I approve of Eze. Its high time Iwobi had some competition. He has been terrible of late.
I had very high hopes for Ifeanyi Matthew and the kid who used to play for Enugu Rangers, I forget his name. I wonder how both are doing...
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote:I approve of Eze. Its high time Iwobi had some competition. He has been terrible of late.
I had very high hopes for Ifeanyi Matthew and the kid who used to play for Enugu Rangers, I forget his name. I wonder how both are doing...
Iwobi was not terrible in this game, I'm tired of reading this false narrative. He can be lazy at times and it wasn't one of his best games, but was far from terrible. A couple of mis-placed passes, a couple of possession losses but he was average for the most part.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote:
bushboy wrote:I approve of Eze. Its high time Iwobi had some competition. He has been terrible of late.
Iwobi was not terrible in this game, I'm tired of reading this false narrative. He can be lazy at times and it wasn't one of his best games, but was far from terrible. A couple of mis-placed passes, a couple of possession losses but he was average for the most part.
I think he needs a wake-up call. His problem is lack of competition, not lack of quality.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Me too. Everyone can have an off day.
Remember pre-match, the Brazilians openly stated he was the man to watch so he was a marked man all game.
Against Ukraine people here were generally singing a completely different tune

Aribo will also one day inevitably have an off day and the love for him now will fizzle out like say NEPA take light.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "