Iwobi starts against Everton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

justpower
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi starts against Everton

Post by justpower »

Only a person who didn't watch the game would say Iwobi was underated in this match. Iwobi created 80 - 90% of of their chances. Iwobi has his weakness, but that lad's good at creating chances. Look at arsenal game today and you can't see why Iwobi's ability to constantly create chances is missed
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

justpower wrote:Only a person who didn't watch the game would say Iwobi was underated in this match. Iwobi created 80 - 90% of of their chances. Iwobi has his weakness, but that lad's good at creating chances. Look at arsenal game today and you can't see why Iwobi's ability to constantly create chances is missed
Ok then, you watched the match right, so list the chances he created...you guys can’t just say nebulous BS and pass it on as fact.

The goal was created by a slide rule pass from Walcott who actually created more chances than Iwobi, and also hit the crossbar with a cracking dipping shot and I believe put Iwobi in for the one on one he spurned. Iwobi put Richarlison in for one chance where he hit the post with a right footed shot, that was the sole chance he created and then he spurned his gilt-edged chance. He also had one turn and shot from outside the box that was easily saved. So yes please list the chances for us...

The positives for Iwobi were he moves the ball quicker than Gilfy and does have an eye for a pass but is poor finishing and loses possession often.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
justpower
Egg
Egg

Post by justpower »

maceo4 wrote:
justpower wrote:Only a person who didn't watch the game would say Iwobi was underated in this match. Iwobi created 80 - 90% of of their chances. Iwobi has his weakness, but that lad's good at creating chances. Look at arsenal game today and you can't see why Iwobi's ability to constantly create chances is missed
Ok then, you watched the match right, so list the chances he created...you guys can’t just say nebulous BS and pass it on as fact.

The goal was created by a slide rule pass from Walcott who actually created more chances than Iwobi, and also hit the crossbar with a cracking dipping shot and I believe put Iwobi in for the one on one he spurned. Iwobi put Richarlison in for one chance where he hit the post with a right footed shot, that was the sole chance he created and then he spurned his gilt-edged chance. He also had one turn and shot from outside the box that was easily saved. So yes please list the chances for us...

The positives for Iwobi were he moves the ball quicker than Gilfy and does have an eye for a pass but is poor finishing and loses possession often.
Here's the link to rewatch the match if you need to
https://hdmatches.com/2019/10/19/video- ... ober-2019/

Cross to walcott
Long ball to walcott
1 2 pass with walcott in box 18
2 passes to Richarlison that almost led to goals

And thats just the ones I remembered. Please be objective with your analysis

I'm not here to shrine Iwobi or argue with you but in terms of attacking and creating chances for others he's top notch. weaknesses he losses the ball more than i like, hes too timid in fair ball situations( watching out for tackles), scoring and defense. The goal he misses should not be missed by a player of his quality but never the less he played almost perfect fluid footy in that game hence the standing innovation. Another point is that the few games he started, Everton has created numerous chances and scored more goals than when he's on the bench. That should tell you something
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

justpower wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cross to walcott
Long ball to walcott

I'm not here to shrine Iwobi or argue with you but in terms of attacking and creating chances for others he's top notch. weaknesses he losses the ball more than i like, hes too timid in fair ball situations( watching out for tackles), scoring and defense. The goal he misses should not be missed by a player of his quality but never the less he played almost perfect fluid footy in that game hence the standing innovation. Another point is that the few games he started, Everton has created numerous chances and scored more goals than when he's on the bench. That should tell you something
Are you serious? I watched the match, a second time sef, to see if I was being too harsh and these passes you are listing are regular passes the only one that created an actual scoring chance was the one to Richarlison. And if these are your so called chances then how does that equate to 80-90% of Evertons chances when Walcott assisted the goal, hit the post himself, put in Iwobi, and also made similar crosses and long balls.

I mean come on now, this is what I don’t get, you just listed the same flaws that I pointed out (that now makes me a hater) then in the same breath say he played a perfect game? Aren’t you contradicting yourself? How can it be perfect if he kept losing the ball over and over? I already listed and pointed out his positives that his game is more fluid than Gilfy which could lead to more chances created, but he’s not necessarily the one creating those chances and there’s a downside to his game with regards to ball possession along with him not being very clinical.

You guys only want to focus on the positives and that’s fine, but the negatives are what’s preventing him from being an elite player rather than just a tidy player that can pick a pass ever so often. And he himself put up an IG story after the match saying he was gonna do extra shooting practices in training after his miss, so he at least is not delusional. The way I look at it is his improvement is better for him, Everton and also SE. And his rating on whoscored to me is a fairer/balanced view of his play in this particular game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
justpower
Egg
Egg

Post by justpower »

maceo4 wrote:
justpower wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cross to walcott
Long ball to walcott

Are you serious? I watched the match, a second time sef, to see if I was being too harsh and these passes you are listing are regular passes the only one that created an actual scoring chance was the one to Richarlison. And if these are your so called chances then how does that equate to 80-90% of Evertons chances when Walcott assisted the goal, hit the post himself, put in Iwobi, and also made similar crosses and long balls.

I mean come on now, this is what I don’t get, you just listed the same flaws that I pointed out (that now makes me a hater) then in the same breath say he played a perfect game? Aren’t you contradicting yourself? How can it be perfect if he kept losing the ball over and over? I already listed and pointed out his positives that his game is more fluid than Gilfy which could lead to more chances created, but he’s not necessarily the one creating those chances and there’s a downside to his game with regards to ball possession along with him not being very clinical.

You guys only want to focus on the positives and that’s fine, but the negatives are what’s preventing him from being an elite player rather than just a tidy player that can pick a pass ever so often. And he himself put up an IG story after the match saying he was gonna do extra shooting practices in training after his miss, so he at least is not delusional. The way I look at it is his improvement is better for him, Everton and also SE. And his rating on whoscored to me is a fairer/balanced view of his play in this particular game.
As I said I'm not here to argue. If you read slowly and not be in your feelings about Iwobi and Gilfy, you would have realised that I said "almost perfect" and besides he didn't lose that much ball in this game but he also didn't hustle for 50/50 balls. Baiscally You see rating on who whoscored, I saw standing innovation, you seeregular pass, I saw created chance, you see lackluster performance, I saw man of the match performance. You can analyze any which way you want, I believe he played well and you don't. I'm not here to argue
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The fact that you are wasting your time going back and forth with mace is the funny part. We all saw the match, we all heard the 87th minute standing ovation, we all heard the manager wax lyrically about Iwobi and we saw his match ratings....when you find one negative individual going gaga then you know the bobo has some hidden agendas or it's pure hate
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

maceo4 wrote:
justpower wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cross to walcott
Long ball to walcott

Just learn when to keep shut. You clearly have nothing to offer. We all come here to get news. Unfortunately we have someone like you with a clear complex, were everything white and bright is better. Shame bro. :mad:
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

okidoki wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
justpower wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cross to walcott
Long ball to walcott

Just learn when to keep shut. You clearly have nothing to offer. We all come here to get news. Unfortunately we have someone like you with a clear complex, were everything white and bright is better. Shame bro. :mad:
Sure :rotf: whoscored is hating too and needs to shut it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The fact that you are wasting your time going back and forth with mace is the funny part. We all saw the match, we all heard the 87th minute standing ovation, we all heard the manager wax lyrically about Iwobi and we saw his match ratings....when you find one negative individual going gaga then you know the bobo has some hidden agendas or it's pure hate
Hidden agenda? You mean like G4L who kept saying Iwobi was having a bad tournament simply because he replaced his and your girlfriend? No make I expose you negros... :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:The fact that you are wasting your time going back and forth with mace is the funny part. We all saw the match, we all heard the 87th minute standing ovation, we all heard the manager wax lyrically about Iwobi and we saw his match ratings....when you find one negative individual going gaga then you know the bobo has some hidden agendas or it's pure hate
Hidden agenda? You mean like G4L who kept saying Iwobi was having a bad tournament simply because he replaced his and your girlfriend? No make I expose you negros... :rotf:
dude , what are you talking about focus.... My goodness, you are the only one going on and on how bad Iwobi was vs West Ham, however others and including none Nigerians said otherwise, but you choose to continue to lie and expose your agenda.. come on dude , it's clear you do not like Iwobi as a human being, however it's shameful you are trying too hard to push a false narrative

the last time assanal even played west ham the fans were honest as well ,
[/video]
so many folks here are very aware of Iwobi...The manager played him as a playmaker.... the last SE to play as a playmaker in the EPL was JayJAy... so Iwobi learning his craft as a CAM is a massive plus for Nigeria... however you are so bent on the goal Sig scored .. thank goodness we are in 2019 and we all can see live game , so liars can be exposed

[/video]

FYI one thing you can never talk against Iwobi, is the fact the guy is a forward passer and he keeps the attacking 3rd flowing , this is something Mikel couldn't do constantly for our SE... and guess what that pathetic assanal are clueless in the final 3rd since they chose to sell Iwobi and bench Ozil....but you are here saying he missed a goal the keeper saved...smh
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
dude , what are you talking about focus.... My goodness, you are the only one going on and on how bad Iwobi was vs West Ham, however others and including none Nigerians said otherwise, but you choose to continue to lie and expose your agenda.. come on dude , it's clear you do not like Iwobi as a human being, however it's shameful you are trying too hard to push a false narrative

the last time assanal even played west ham the fans were honest as well ,
[/video]
so many folks here are very aware of Iwobi...The manager played him as a playmaker.... the last SE to play as a playmaker in the EPL was JayJAy... so Iwobi learning his craft as a CAM is a massive plus for Nigeria... however you are so bent on the goal Sig scored .. thank goodness we are in 2019 and we all can see live game , so liars can be exposed

[/video]

FYI one thing you can never talk against Iwobi, is the fact the guy is a forward passer and he keeps the attacking 3rd flowing , this is something Mikel couldn't do constantly for our SE... and guess what that pathetic assanal are clueless in the final 3rd since they chose to sell Iwobi and bench Ozil....but you are here saying he missed a goal the keeper saved...smh
When did I say he was bad, I listed BOTH positives and negatives but y’all choose to dwell on the negatives and that’s fine. I showed you whoscored rating which y’all been using for other players performances to back up my opinion but suddenly since it doesn’t match your opinion it’s invalid. You can disagree but don’t accuse me of an agenda when you and G4L have had agendas against the same Iwobi, Ndidi etc basically anybody that challenged your boyfriend Mikels spot...we don’t have to agree but my take is my take, you guys are showing your mental midgetry by not being able to handle a differing opinion without taking it personal and acting childish. Grow the eff up, we can argue and disagree without making it personal.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you are still stuck in your feelings, you keep on crying about g4L and Mikel.... Mikel has retired . However focus and stick to the topic.. you are the only one on this thread telling lies about Iwobi being the worst player vs WestHam..... however many folks here watched the game. even non-Nigerians gave Iwobi a standing applause when he was subbed and his Manager who isn't Nigerian couldn't stop talking about him, he mentioned Alex's name 3 freaking times. Iwobi, and Ndidi are Nigerians and i will be crazy if i ever go against folks bleeding green white green..however you seem so upset Iwobi played well. What's the agenda here? Are you upset because he isn't from your side or what? You keep on shouting folks are only big upping Alex because he is Nigerian?

You want them to big up his replacement Pepe? who missed a sitter, in fact he didn't even miss, bobo no even touch ball.. now you want them to big up Sig , for scoring after Alex , Walcott etc, ran the West-Ham defense to the cleaners... you need to cut down ton the self hate and hidden agenda you have for a player you are way older than

[/video]
this is who you are hating on
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:you are still stuck in your feelings, you keep on crying about g4L and Mikel.... Mikel has retired . However focus and stick to the topic.. you are the only one on this thread telling lies about Iwobi being the worst player vs WestHam..... however many folks here watched the game. even non-Nigerians gave Iwobi a standing applause when he was subbed and his Manager who isn't Nigerian couldn't stop talking about him, he mentioned Alex's name 3 freaking times. Iwobi, and Ndidi are Nigerians and i will be crazy if i ever go against folks bleeding green white green..however you seem so upset Iwobi played well. What's the agenda here? Are you upset because he isn't from your side or what? You keep on shouting folks are only big upping Alex because he is Nigerian?

You want them to big up his replacement Pepe? who missed a sitter, in fact he didn't even miss, bobo no even touch ball.. now you want them to big up Sig , for scoring after Alex , Walcott etc, ran the West-Ham defense to the cleaners... you need to cut down ton the self hate and hidden agenda you have for a player you are way older than
I’m not the only one who pointed out negatives, you are just obsessed with me, at least I pointed out positives others were only negative and harsher and even drew conclusions on the bobos career. So why the focus on only me? Don’t turn me into your obsession abeg since Mikel is retired...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:you are still stuck in your feelings, you keep on crying about g4L and Mikel.... Mikel has retired . However focus and stick to the topic.. you are the only one on this thread telling lies about Iwobi being the worst player vs WestHam..... however many folks here watched the game. even non-Nigerians gave Iwobi a standing applause when he was subbed and his Manager who isn't Nigerian couldn't stop talking about him, he mentioned Alex's name 3 freaking times. Iwobi, and Ndidi are Nigerians and i will be crazy if i ever go against folks bleeding green white green..however you seem so upset Iwobi played well. What's the agenda here? Are you upset because he isn't from your side or what? You keep on shouting folks are only big upping Alex because he is Nigerian?

I’m not the only one who pointed out negatives, you are just obsessed with me, at least I pointed out positives others were only negative and harsher and even drew conclusions on the bobos career. So why the focus on only me? Don’t turn me into your obsession abeg since Mikel is retired...
I am not obsessed with you oo, I am just exposing you... You dislike certain players who aren't from your side, be it Mikel, be it Alex..Alex was played as a wide player at assanal, ( so glad he left that club)when he plays for the my SE , he plays as a CAM and we move the attack faster( only sad part we have a coward manager who likes to park the bus) However now he plays as a playmaker for a top club in England , and this is very good for Nigeria..stop letting your hidden agenda cloud the truth...hating on Alex for none footballing reason and applying that to his game we all saw vs West Ham is so disingenuous of you
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I am not obsessed with you oo, I am just exposing you... You dislike certain players who aren't from your side, be it Mikel, be it Alex..Alex was played as a wide player at assanal, ( so glad he left that club)when he plays for the my SE , he plays as a CAM and we move the attack faster( only sad part we have a coward manager who likes to park the bus) However now he plays as a playmaker for a top club in England , and this is very good for Nigeria..stop letting your hidden agenda cloud the truth...hating on Alex for none footballing reason and applying that to his game we all saw vs West Ham is so disingenuous of you
Lol, what side is that? I’m from Akwa Ibom, and there’s very few if any players from ‘my side’ on the SE, so I guess I dislike the entire team? If to say I’m always on Iwobi case then maybe you could draw such a conclusion, but people were just killing Iwobi on the Brazil thread I said nothing because we have no better replacement. I praised him all ANC because he saved us from a ponderous Mikel. In Everton they have Glify and I think for him to replace him indefinitely he needs to improve on certain things which is all I was pointing out. You don’t agree, fine but this whole my side thing is pretty funny, abeg you helped me with some entertainment today sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Lol, what side is that? I’m from Akwa Ibom, and there’s very few if any players from ‘my side’ on the SE, so I guess I dislike the entire team? If to say I’m always on Iwobi case then maybe you could draw such a conclusion, but people were just killing Iwobi on the Brazil thread I said nothing because we have no better replacement. I praised him all ANC because he saved us from a ponderous Mikel. In Everton they have Glify and I think for him to replace him indefinitely he needs to improve on certain things which is all I was pointing out. You don’t agree, fine but this whole my side thing is pretty funny, abeg you helped me with some entertainment today sha...
where is Enyeama from?
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

where is Enyeama from?
:rotf: Bobo don retire o...abeg allow am
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

negative mace, explain this, since you are sniffing Iwobi with pure hate
[/video]
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: I am not obsessed with you oo, I am just exposing you... You dislike certain players who aren't from your side, be it Mikel, be it Alex..
Lol, what side is that? I’m from Akwa Ibom, and there’s very few if any players from ‘my side’ on the SE, so I guess I dislike the entire team? If to say I’m always on Iwobi case then maybe you could draw such a conclusion, but people were just..... but this whole my side thing is pretty funny, abeg you helped me with some entertainment today sha...
where is Enyeama from?
When all else fails they will always bring in the ethnic angle. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:negative mace, explain this, since you are sniffing Iwobi with pure hate
[/video]
Bobo has been useless since joining Real, I dunno what is wrong with him. But because Hazard is from 'my side' I no go yab am any further :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote: I am not obsessed with you oo, I am just exposing you... You dislike certain players who aren't from your side, be it Mikel, be it Alex..
Lol, what side is that? I’m from Akwa Ibom, and there’s very few if any players from ‘my side’ on the SE, so I guess I dislike the entire team? If to say I’m always on Iwobi case then maybe you could draw such a conclusion, but people were just..... but this whole my side thing is pretty funny, abeg you helped me with some entertainment today sha...
where is Enyeama from?
When all else fails they will always bring in the ethnic angle. :roll:
:rotf: Are you minding him, he even forgot Ekong was from 'my side' (the Dutch part of Uyo lol), had to go all the way back to Enyeama. Anyways, you can disagree with me, I'm just giving my opinion of a game I watched. You can use the fickle fans reaction (the same ones that were rubbishing him when he first signed for Everton and were disrespecting him when he was at Arseanal) to justify your opinion that you formed without watching the match, that is fine. But we can always agree to disagree without making it personal.

It was the same way when I brought up the flaws I was seeing in Kelechi Iheanacho's game when he was banging in goals at City and getting standing ovations. Same thing then I was called a hater, a tribalist, what am I watching, dude is world class, oh the self hate etc...now those same people have written him off completely, and I'm the only one still defending him like hey he has a lot of positives which SE could use if we can strategically use him in a way that minimizes his negatives and help him get his career back on track. But nah CE loves to build you up then throw you out with the bathwater. If we could remove the green tints from our eyes and see the players for what they actually are (flaws and all), we wouldn't be so disappointed when they don't live up to unrealistic expectations and then start discarding them for the next shiny object (in Kelechi's case its now Osimhen).
Last edited by maceo4 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the rohbot and not so intelligent damunk, looking for help via the negative mace :lol: :lol: :lol: this is priceless
SuperEagles