CHAN: Nigeria vs Togo...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
CHAN: Nigeria vs Togo...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Any news :?: :!:

Cheers.
Zelex
Egg
Egg
Re: CHAN: Nigeria vs Togo...

Post by Zelex »

HT Nigeria 1-0 Togo

Nigeria need 2 more unreplied goals to get through after the 4-1 loss in the 1st leg.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Nigeria 1:0 Togo

HT now
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Come on home based Eagles. You can go it :!:

Cheers.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Staring at elimination at Agege stadium

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Staring at elimination at Agege stadium

Stay tuned y'all.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

2:0 to Nigeria
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Re: Staring at elimination at Agege stadium

Post by doctorollie »

Well Nigeria is leading by 2 unreplied goals! 30 minutes more. It is possible
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

doctorollie wrote:2:0 to Nigeria
How much time left?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Staring at elimination at Agege stadium

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They just need to keep their nerve to Togolese will fold!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Polly wrote:
How much time left?
5 minutes.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Lolly wrote:
Polly wrote:
How much time left?
5 minutes.
Get a penalty’
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Polly wrote:
How much time left?
5 minutes.
Get a penalty’
Too late.

We messed up losing 1-4.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

10 mins extra time
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Out!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Oh well, I guess using the U23 side for the CHAN qualifiers is a failed experiment never to be tried again.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote:Oh well, I guess using the U23 side for the CHAN qualifiers is a failed experiment never to be tried again.
Is that the problem? From those who watched this game, Nigeria should have won going away. Note also that the league has not resumed leading to questions about fitness of some players. Note also of lack of relevant friendlies. There are so many problems that it is difficult to point at just one cause. It needs deeper and more careful analysis.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Orion wrote:Oh well, I guess using the U23 side for the CHAN qualifiers is a failed experiment never to be tried again.
Well they had to be bailed out against Libya and Sudan (by foreign based invites) even at U23 level they needed non NPL players to score the additional goals to qualify them to the U23 Afcon, they just seem below standard collectively along with who ever manages them!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enugu II wrote:
Is that the problem? From those who watched this game, Nigeria should have won going away. Note also that the league has not resumed leading to questions about fitness of some players. Note also of lack of relevant friendlies. There are so many problems that it is difficult to point at just one cause. It needs deeper and more careful analysis.
The U23 team have been active but they've proven to be very poor travellers. They can't even win in Sudan. Pairing them against local seasoned pros from Togo was a step too far in the 4-1 loss. We've got deeper problems in our football of course but this one just looks like a bonehead mistake. Why use a local U23 side that has performed poorly in away games so far against seasoned pros? Looks like we underestimated the strength of the opposition.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

So how do you guys rate Imama as a coach? Haven't seem his teams play, but concerned about his teams poor away record?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

olu wrote:So how do you guys rate Imama as a coach? Haven't seem his teams play, but concerned about his teams poor away record?
I doubt if he picked the right players.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sir V wrote:
olu wrote:So how do you guys rate Imama as a coach? Haven't seem his teams play, but concerned about his teams poor away record?
I doubt if he picked the right players.
Then that makes him a poor coach regardless, a plumber can’t turn around and say ”I was using scissors instead of pliers” ,I wouldn’t even waste my time wondering why he brought the wrong tolls I Would just know he’s not a good plumber!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This was planned. NFA we know. The more games we play at this level the lower our ranking will be.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
The U23 team have been active but they've proven to be very poor travellers. They can't even win in Sudan. Pairing them against local seasoned pros from Togo was a step too far in the 4-1 loss. We've got deeper problems in our football of course but this one just looks like a bonehead mistake. Why use a local U23 side that has performed poorly in away games so far against seasoned pros? Looks like we underestimated the strength of the opposition.
I think that may have been part of the problem. The team that dominated Togo today, but unable to overcome the huge deficit, was made up of top NPFL players drafted into the team recently. These included two Enugu Rangers players. No Rangers players had been part of the team previously. Then Anamena (Enyimba?) and Pillars' Nwagua. That is my understanding.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics