Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Semi Ajayi

Post by Tobi17 »

played a very vital part, I mean he was very immense for West brom in their promotion race and victory against Middlesborough today(he was among the highest rated players), West brom are now topping the championship table, and are just few points away from promotion to the PL. Ajayi has been a mainstay in the heart of his clubs defence, has scored a couple of goals and is the rave of the moment... the bobo is still young (25), and I see a top team snatching him up soon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by Damunk »

Semi Ajayi Brimming with Confidence
And Ajayi, who will be part of the Albion squad that takes on Middlesbrough on Saturday, admits it was a nice feeling to keep Brazil's attacking stars quiet.

"I’ve given myself a lot of confidence coming up against the big stars," he said.

"Hopefully I can carry that form into our league game on the weekend.

“You want to play against the best players and test yourself. If you come out of that with a good performance and result that is even better so the trip went really well.

“I don’t really focus on their names, it is more about what they do on the pitch. I felt like myself and my team-mates dealt with their threats really well and it is something we can take a lot of pride from.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... onfidence/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Damunk wrote:
And Ajayi, who will be part of the Albion squad that takes on Middlesbrough on Saturday, admits it was a nice feeling to keep Brazil's attacking stars quiet.

"I’ve given myself a lot of confidence coming up against the big stars," he said.

“You want to play against the best players and test yourself. If you come out of that with a good performance and result that is even better so the trip went really well.

“I don’t really focus on their names, it is more about what they do on the pitch. I felt like myself and my team-mates dealt with their threats really well and it is something we can take a lot of pride from.”

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:played a very vital part, I mean he was very immense for West brom in their promotion race and victory against Middlesborough today(he was among the highest rated players), West brom are now topping the championship table, and are just few points away from promotion to the PL. Ajayi has been a mainstay in the heart of his clubs defence, has scored a couple of goals and is the rave of the moment... the bobo is still young (25), and I see a top team snatching him up soon.
They're still a long way from promotion to the EPL. Whatever happens, Semi Ajayi, is ready for the EPL next season. He's a top notch defender.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Been very impressed with him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Adequate replacement for Leon Balogun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

[/video]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

[/video]
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:[/video]

This is Very revealing. Nacho plays the loudest music and is the biggest Joker. No wonder.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:clap: :clap:

These games are more than just the result. Facing these guys in friendlies and performing against them takes away the mystique when they face them in tournaments proper. I hope we keep getting games against strong opposition.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Somewhat hypocritical, Semi used the Brazil game to gain more confidence.... Why are such opportunities not available to HB players?

The usual respond is... Give us the names of those HB players. Answer: That's what the coach is paid to do. Scout.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:Somewhat hypocritical, Semi used the Brazil game to gain more confidence.... Why are such opportunities not available to HB players?

The usual respond is... Give us the names of those HB players. Answer: That's what the coach is paid to do. Scout.
Dude STFU with your home based cliche already, jeez! the same yeye home based players that couldn't qualify for ordinary CHAN over almighty Togo? which manager will want to waste his time foraging a sh*t league for players?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:Somewhat hypocritical, Semi used the Brazil game to gain more confidence.... Why are such opportunities not available to HB players?

My friend, you are still in the analogue era. The days when the SE squad was picked from Enugu Rangers, Shooting Stars, etc are long gone.
The SE brand today is Pan Nigerian global selection of eligible players. Any hb player must raise his standard to the level to merit selection. There's no affirmative action.
We are now in the digital era, get with the programme or get left behind. Your choice.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote:

My friend, you are still in the analogue era. The days when the SE squad was picked from Enugu Rangers, Shooting Stars, etc are long gone.
The SE brand today is Pan Nigerian global selection of eligible players. Any hb player must raise his standard to the level to merit selection. There's no affirmative action.
We are now in the digital era, get with the programme or get left behind. Your choice.
:thumbs:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:

Trust me, fabio is in the digital era.
He is just bugged by a virus in his system that programmes him to delete anything that even remotely gives credit to Rohr or Pinnick, no matter how small or indirectly. :idea:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:

How do you reflect on those ‘special moments’?

Yeah, when I sit down and think about the days I spent in the national team, I always give thanks to God for using somebody like (the late) Stephen Keshi to encourage me and other players still in the local league then. That’s no longer the situation now and I’m not happy about that because the present national team [coaches] don’t encourage our players in the local league.

Truth is, there are more quality players in the local league than in some of those leagues in Europe. But if you don’t give them chance in the national team, how would you know that they are good? That was a ‘war’ Keshi fought because he believed in the home grown players and we never disappointed.

It’s not that I’m criticising the present national team handlers, but I’m only trying to let them know that there are a lot of good and quality players in the local league that could be given opportunities in the national team.

During our time, you could notice that for each Nations Cup, there were always about six players from the local league in the Super Eagles’ final squad for the tournament.

There were about five local league players making the Super Eagles final squad to the World Cup and about eight home-based players making the Eagles team to the (FIFA) Confederations Cup, and we always did very well in each of the tournaments.

We [the home-based players] always gave good account of ourselves and from there some got offers to move to Europe. The current home-based players should be given that kind of opportunity to prove themselves.

When you heard about Keshi’s death, how did you receive the news? What was your reaction?

It was the most shocking news I’ve ever heard. I was terribly devastated because Keshi was like a father to me. He always encouraged me, always giving me the chance to prove myself. Even when I wasn’t playing well, he would keep on shouting at me to do the right things I was supposed to do on the pitch as a professional.

Honestly, speaking, Keshi was like a ‘God sent Angel’ to me. Not just only me, but all of us then playing in the local league. I pray Nigeria gets another ‘Keshi’ again in the national team that can encourage the home-based players too because we have the quality and potential.

https://www.completesports.com/intervie ... d-players/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

And where is Egwuekwe today? When did the HB players last play a league game? Thats who you want to go and face Brazil? for confidence?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

metalalloy wrote:And where is Egwuekwe today? When did the HB players last play a league game? Thats who you want to go and face Brazil? for confidence?
In Libya, talking care of No. 1.

https://www.brila.net/azubuike-egwuekwe ... es-return/
Azubuike Egwuekwe not thinking about Super Eagles return

Chidozie Okoroji April 10, 2019 7:47 am

Out of favour Super Eagles defender, Azubuike Egwuekwe has all but ruled out any return to play for the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

The former Warrior Wolves defender, and AFCON winner is presently plying his trade in Libya,and strongly believes the current national team are set up to succeed at the forthcoming AFCON, especially with the experience of coach Gernot Rohr

Speaking with www.brila.net, Egwuekwe added that he is at the moment looking to see if he can improve his career, even as his family also remain uppermost in his mind

“The Eagles have been doing well,this is a national team I see that can go all the way, especially with coach Gernot Rohr”.

“This is another team I see that can go far, it’s just for them to focus and be determined and do great things for Nigeria”.

“In the national team, every body has his time, my focus for now is to improve my career as well take care of my family”
Egwuekwe won the 2013 AFCON with the Eagles in South Africa under the late Stephen Keshi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:

Dude STFU with your home based cliche already, jeez! the same yeye home based players that couldn't qualify for ordinary CHAN over almighty Togo? which manager will want to waste his time foraging a sh*t league for players?
you will soon get banned again, why do you have to insult because they have a different view , are you a narcissist ? you won't learn, they banned you, you came back and instead to posting a counter to his statement, you result to using vulgar terms, what are you 18? . I do not get folks who just go around swearing at people , if you want to yab , then yab instead of taking things to the gutter
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote:And where is Egwuekwe today? When did the HB players last play a league game? Thats who you want to go and face Brazil? for confidence?
I don't know where he is today.

What i know is that he won Afcon and got to the WC second round.
It would be wise and apt to listen to and implement his suggestions. Like an old man... Because him no go school, no mean say him no get sense. My child you can't buy experience.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

What a load of BS!

The local players can actually start by 'encouraging themselves' to win something on the continent to gain some credibility. Right now, they really suck!
Repeated mediocre performances in multiple continental competitions does not help them make a case for consideration at the Super Eagles level. CHAN, WAFU Cup, African Champions League, etc. You name it.

Truth is: the HB players are mediocre (strategically and tactically). One of the SE coaches even verbally confirmed it recently. That's why foreign clubs would rather scout Academy players than the league players (and that is not going to change for a long time). All our better players have left (or are in the process of leaving) Nigerian shores.
fabio wrote:

Yeah, when I sit down and think about the days I spent in the national team, I always give thanks to God for using somebody like (the late) Stephen Keshi to encourage me and other players still in the local league then. That’s no longer the situation now and I’m not happy about that because the present national team [coaches] don’t encourage our players in the local league.

Truth is, there are more quality players in the local league than in some of those leagues in Europe. But if you don’t give them chance in the national team, how would you know that they are good? That was a ‘war’ Keshi fought because he believed in the home grown players and we never disappointed.
[/u]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro

What you state below is not accurate in some ways. It is true that majority of Nigeria's best players are outside the country. No one would dispute that. But to state that all have left the country is like freezing the form and quality of players in time. That is not accurate. Players continue to emerge as others leave the country. There is no zero point.

The point that local teams have not been successful does not mean that a good individual player cannot be located STILL in Nigeria. After all, the SE invites players and not teams. In my opinion, there is nothing that should prevent the SE scouting local players especially when the same SE scouts 3rd and 4th division players ( :rotf:) in Europe. Now not that I disagree with scouting 4th division players, BTW. I actually support such scouting because I believe the quality of Nigerian players cannot be accurately defined by the division that they play in because most of their decisions are based on immediate economic gains and not based on deliberated decisions based on global exposure and long term economic gains.

Please also note that there are still NPFL players moving to clubs overseas and playing right away. The fact that foreign clubs prefer to sign academy players from Nigeria is based on such players being perceived to be young and, therefore, can be stashed in the reserves or European academies (Cannot do that with NPFL players) and not necessarily that their current quality is better than players in the NPFL. NPFL players must be able to make the senior squads of European clubs right away or they won't be signed. This is specifically the reasons NPFL players go to transition leagues in Europe such as the Scandinavian countries or to North African leagues as their first port of call. There is a difference.
Otitokoro wrote:What a load of BS!

The local players can actually start by 'encouraging themselves' to win something on the continent to gain some credibility. Right now, they really suck!
Repeated mediocre performances in multiple continental competitions does not help them make a case for consideration at the Super Eagles level. CHAN, WAFU Cup, African Champions League, etc. You name it.

Truth is: the HB players are mediocre (strategically and tactically). One of the SE coaches even verbally confirmed it recently. That's why foreign clubs would rather scout Academy players than the league players (and that is not going to change for a long time). All our better players have left (or are in the process of leaving) Nigerian shores.
fabio wrote:

[/u]
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Otitokoro

What you state below is not accurate in some ways. It is true that majority of Nigeria's best players are outside the country. No one would dispute that. But to state that all have left the country is like freezing the form and quality of players in time. That is not accurate. Players continue to emerge as others leave the country. There is no zero point.

The point that local teams have not been successful does not mean that a good individual player cannot be located STILL in Nigeria. After all, the SE invites players and not teams. In my opinion, there is nothing that should prevent the SE scouting local players especially when the same SE scouts 3rd and 4th division players ( :rotf:) in Europe. Now not that I disagree with scouting 4th division players, BTW. I actually support such scouting because I believe the quality of Nigerian players cannot be accurately defined by the division that they play in because most of their decisions are based on immediate economic gains and not based on deliberated decisions based on global exposure and long term economic gains.

Please also note that there are still NPFL players moving to clubs overseas and playing right away. The fact that foreign clubs prefer to sign academy players from Nigeria is based on such players being perceived to be young and, therefore, can be stashed in the reserves or European academies (Cannot do that with NPFL players) and not necessarily that their current quality is better than players in the NPFL. NPFL players must be able to make the senior squads of European clubs right away or they won't be signed. This is specifically the reasons NPFL players go to transition leagues in Europe such as the Scandinavian countries or to North African leagues as their first port of call. There is a difference.

Sadly, the WOWO mentality on CE is often just too shocking...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL