Nigeria U17 vs Australia U17 line up

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria U17 vs Australia U17 line up

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

okidoki wrote:This game typifies what Solace Chukwu was saying. No player from this team would make the ‘13, ‘15 teams. None.
You and I saw very different games. While it is true that the Aussies upped their game today, we were still distinctly the better team and outplayed them on the whole. This Aussie victory, in all honesty, should go down as the most undeserved victory in this tournament thus far. In my opinion, the ref was the culprit in this one, if only for the penalty given against us, as well as the one denied us. In spite of this setback, I expect the Eaglets to go very far in this tournament. Solace Chukwu is totally wrong about this team :!:

Cheers.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Not making excuses for the team BUT the referee was VERY poor tonight. I really struggle to understand how the penalty he awarded against is a foul let alone a penalty! There was no contact whatsoever! Absolutely none!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote:
Lolly wrote:
txj wrote:the players have apparently not being trained on proper spacing...
Nothing to do with training. Watching these boys, I really suspect they are playing to impress scouts. Their selfish play and trying to overdo things just makes them look bad. It is shocking. But hey they are 17 year olds who probably believe this is their best opportunity to be the next Osimhen.
My assessment had been that these set of U-17 is a reflection of what's ailing our Nigeria today. Mediocrity! I suspect they left the talents at home because some of these offered more bribes than the real talents at home. What a shame! No real baller amongst them; may be say Amoo.
The coaches must be investigated and be shown the ways out of anything to do with coaching or footballing in Nigeria. This proves that Amuneke was responsible for the potency of the Nigerian squad that won the Junior World Cup that year.
Enough said.
You need to be more creative with your suspicions because this one is overused.
The majority of these players have gone through a process and have been around in the squad for a while. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Damunk wrote:
Igugu wrote:
Lolly wrote:
txj wrote:the players have apparently not being trained on proper spacing...
Nothing to do with training. Watching these boys, I really suspect they are playing to impress scouts. Their selfish play and trying to overdo things just makes them look bad. It is shocking. But hey they are 17 year olds who probably believe this is their best opportunity to be the next Osimhen.
My assessment had been that these set of U-17 is a reflection of what's ailing our Nigeria today. Mediocrity! I suspect they left the talents at home because some of these offered more bribes than the real talents at home. What a shame! No real baller amongst them; may be say Amoo.
The coaches must be investigated and be shown the ways out of anything to do with coaching or footballing in Nigeria. This proves that Amuneke was responsible for the potency of the Nigerian squad that won the Junior World Cup that year.
Enough said.
You need to be more creative with your suspicions because this one is overused.
The majority of these players have gone through a process and have been around in the squad for a while. :roll:
The boys are playing to impress scouts to sign them, that is why some of them don't like to pass the ball.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote:One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to tell that Nigeria will likely win this game, irrespective of current score.

We have way too much power for them...
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

okidoki wrote:This game typifies what Solace Chukwu was saying. No player from this team would make the ‘13, ‘15 teams. None.
All you need is 5 mins of watching this team to know they’re high on gragra and very low on quality. Also the organization of this team is poor - they over rely on work rate to mitigate tactical indiscipline deficiencies. All points noted by Solace Chukwu.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
You and I saw very different games. While it is true that the Aussies upped their game today, we were still distinctly the better team and outplayed them on the whole. This Aussie victory, in all honesty, should go down as the most undeserved victory in this tournament thus far. In my opinion, the ref was the culprit in this one, if only for the penalty given against us, as well as the one denied us. In spite of this setback, I expect the Eaglets to go very far in this tournament. Solace Chukwu is totally wrong about this team :!:

Cheers.
KPOM!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I just saw the full game....

First of all, who names their child "Solace" ? Only Parents who want their child to be picked on throughout his life, thats who !! :biggrin:

Even though we lost the match, we totally out played the Aussies. A 3-1 score line would have better captured the effort and dominance we had in the game...mind you we were playing with a number of our bench guys. The Joeys caught a lucky break with a very sympathetic ref in tow and booked themselves a place in the next round at our expense. Too bad for us !

I am still positive about this team. While the team has no clear dominant personality on the field, it has a lot of really good, strong individual players. Coach Garba likes his teams playing at a mid-high Tempo and I think that will continue in the 2nd round. Best of luck to the team.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Round of 16

Nigeria vs Holland.

Good luck to the Eaglets
Last edited by doctorollie on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

doctorollie wrote:Round of 16

Nigeria vs Chile.

Good luck to the Eaglets
Chile is not yet sure of advancing :!:

Cheers.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

After watching the game against Australia, I agree with most of the comments Solace and others have made. The strength of this team is their desire to attack relentlessly and press their opponents. However this team has some glaring weaknesses:

1. The attackers and midfield move the ball well, but the forwards are very selfish and in a hurry to shoot from outside the box or from an acute angle when an extra pass would result in a clearer goal scoring chance. This bad habit should have been nipped in the bud early. I wonder if this was an issue in the qualifiers or friendlies?

2. Like all Manu teams this team tries to force the ball through the middle and doesn't use the wings enough. Very few crosses come in from the wingers or fullbacks.

3. The defense is really bad. Australia looked like they were going to score most times they came forward. There are huge gaps in midfield when this team attacks and their pressing is very uncoordinated which leaves our defense exposed. Seems like there's no communication in defense, players rush in senselessly to mark players with no covering. The defense needs a lot of work. The puzzling thing is Manu's 2013 team was so much more organized defensively.

4. This team is the definition of raw. it's all about outscoring the opponents, talent, and physical ability. They will struggle against the more organized teams in the tournament.
Last edited by olu on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

olu wrote:After watching the game against Australia, I agree with most of the comments Solace and others have made. The strength of this team is their desire to attack relentlessly and press their opponents. However this team has some glaring weaknesses:

1. The attackers and midfield move the ball well, but the forwards are very selfish and in a hurry to shoot from outside the box or from an acute angle when an extra pass would result in a clearer goal scoring chance. This bad habit should have been nipped in the bud early. I wonder if this was an issue in the qualifiers or friendlies?

2. Like all Manu teams this team tries to force the ball through the middle and doesn't use the wings enough. Very few crosses come in from the wingers or fullbacks.

3. The defense is really bad. Australia looked like they were going to score most times they came forward. They are huge gaps in midfield when this team attacks and their pressing is very uncoordinated which leaves our defense exposed. Seems like there's no communication in defense, players rush in senselessly to mark players with no covering. The defense needs a lot of work. The puzzling thing is Manu's 2013 team was so much more organized defensively.

4. This team is the definition of raw. it's all about outscoring the opponents, talent, and physical ability. They will struggle against the more organized teams in the tournament.

I actually thought so too.
But them their athletisim and speed will throw off opponents and they go make mistakes hopefully to our advantage.
Remember our first goal against Ecuador.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

doctorollie wrote:Not making excuses for the team BUT the referee was VERY poor tonight. I really struggle to understand how the penalty he awarded against is a foul let alone a penalty! There was no contact whatsoever! Absolutely none!
That was a penalty. The defender’s leg did not make contact but his hips and body checked or blocked the Australian who touched the ball.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Surprised that some were focusing on the ref instead of our team. We lost the game not because of the ref or Australia but ourselves. The amount of selfish play, playing for scouts or personal glory in our team is alarming. This was also glaring in our match against Ecuador but have remained unaddressed because we won that match.
The Ref even failed to award a handball in our 18 yard box against us at 62min when we were 2:1 down.