The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Iwobi in action
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 pm 

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
charlie wrote:
And this is why we need to calm down with the hate against these players.
They put their bodies on the line to entertain us, and sometimes yes the cost is too high.

Emm, they don't do it to entertain us. They do it because they love the game and get a handsome reward. If I had the chance, I would do it in a heartbeat....and entertaining you will be way down on my list of priorities.
Chicken and egg.
They wouldn't get such handsome rewards and probably wouldn't love the game so much if we were not thoroughly entertained by them.

No, it's not a chicken and egg issue. Our entertainment is a by-product of their love. You pick up a ball because you love to do so...It's not a public service, but a personal/commercial service first.

Saying 'they put their bodies on the line to entertain us' is pretty ridiculous. They are among the highest-paid humans in the world. Does the Investment Banker put his brain/body on the line to provide humanity capital? Is that why he/she does it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:14 pm 

deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
charlie wrote:
They put their bodies on the line to entertain us, and sometimes yes the cost is too high.

Emm, they don't do it to entertain us. They do it because they love the game and get a handsome reward. If I had the chance, I would do it in a heartbeat....and entertaining you will be way down on my list of priorities.
Chicken and egg.
They wouldn't get such handsome rewards and probably wouldn't love the game so much if we were not thoroughly entertained by them.

No, it's not a chicken and egg issue. Our entertainment is a by-product of their love. You pick up a ball because you love to do so...It's not a public service, but a personal/commercial service first.

Saying 'they put their bodies on the line to entertain us' is pretty ridiculous. They are among the highest-paid humans in the world. Does the Investment Banker put his brain/body on the line to provide humanity capital? Is that why he/she does it?
I disagree that it s not chicken and egg.
This is a difference of opinion/perspective - which is fine.
But for you to insist that your perspective is the sole 'right' perspective is what is wrong and that's why I disagree.

Lets possibly agree on a slight modification to that sentence....
'they put their bodies on the line and entertain us'.

What do you think? :sneaky:

As for the bankers, they're putting nothing on the line anyway. Nothing of theirs is at risk in their jobs.
Soldiers, police officers, intelligence operatives, firemen...maybe even doctors and nurses, yes. They love their jobs no more or no less than the footballers.

Pay is just a function of how much society values and is willing to pay for their services.
Entertainment obviously pays more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:02 am 

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
charlie wrote:

Chicken and egg.

I disagree that it s not chicken and egg.
This is a difference of opinion/perspective - which is fine.
But for you to insist that your perspective is the sole 'right' perspective is what is wrong and that's why I disagree.

Lets possibly agree on a slight modification to that sentence....
'they put their bodies on the line and entertain us'.

What do you think? :sneaky:

As for the bankers, they're putting nothing on the line anyway. Nothing of theirs is at risk in their jobs.
Soldiers, police officers, intelligence operatives, firemen...maybe even doctors and nurses, yes. They love their jobs no more or no less than the footballers.

Pay is just a function of how much society values and is willing to pay for their services.
Entertainment obviously pays more.

Hey Bro, I was planning on checking on this topic and typing something very similar to what you just typed. It ain't worth arguing about....if we just switch some words. I think both of us understand each other's points...and our points (and Charlie's) are more similar than where they may have originally seemed.
:thumbs: