Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7835
JACKAL wrote:
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:



Women's World Cup wasn't a disaster. The Super Falcons not qualifying for the Olympics for the 2nd time in a row: THAT'S A CERTIFIED DISASTER!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
mystic wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:



Women's World Cup wasn't a disaster. The Super Falcons not qualifying for the Olympics for the 2nd time in a row: THAT'S A CERTIFIED DISASTER!!!

The decline in women's football had been happening for more that 10 years. The women's WC was a disaster,,,, we have shown almost no improvement in the game in 15 years. We struggle to play any western team...after all these years...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 26941
Location: The Kingdom
JACKAL wrote:
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:


I sincerely pray not but I am not confident that the Nwakali led U23 will qualify for Olympics. I know it sounds bad but... :scared:

Tournament starts on Saturday. We play CIV first on Sunday.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:09 pm
Posts: 10084
Lolly wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:


I sincerely pray not but I am not confident that the Nwakali led U23 will qualify for Olympics. I know it sounds bad but... :scared:

Tournament starts on Saturday. We play CIV first on Sunday.


Tournament starts Friday. We play on Saturday.

_________________
Bushboy's bushmen : 1. Odion Ighalo 2. Anthony Ujah 3. Isaac Success 4. Nathan Oduwa 5. David Okereke
Who will be next?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9454
bushboy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:


I sincerely pray not but I am not confident that the Nwakali led U23 will qualify for Olympics. I know it sounds bad but... :scared:

Tournament starts on Saturday. We play CIV first on Sunday.


Tournament starts Friday. We play on Saturday.


We won't qualify.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:18 pm
Posts: 103
In spite of the above, I’m not sure 2019 has been a terrible year. We end the year with a very promising super eagles squad. We have had success in the past at junior and Olympic level. Of course more is better, but I think we would all agree that progress at the senior level is the ultimate goal - and on that front 2019 has given us reasons to be optimistic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am
Posts: 2965
Location: Toronto
You guys need to understand that Pinnick is interested in just the Super Eagles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
donadoni wrote:
In spite of the above, I’m not sure 2019 has been a terrible year. We end the year with a very promising super eagles squad. We have had success in the past at junior and Olympic level. Of course more is better, but I think we would all agree that progress at the senior level is the ultimate goal - and on that front 2019 has given us reasons to be optimistic


I guess you are glass 1/10th full kinda guy :biggrin:

Even though the senior team is better, we are still not producing players in the caliber of Brazilians or the French and we don't really have a bench. If that front 3 goes down in any prolonged way we are shiit outta luck.. Pinnick has now totally outsourced Nigerian football development to the litter pool of Rejects of the English, Germans and Dutch football.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2769
To be fair, how many of the top African teams have had impressive outings this year?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 83644
Location: Earth
JACKAL wrote:
No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:

Rubbish. I guess 97% of the footballing population are in the same terrible state...smh

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
The other shoe dropped today....No Olympic Qualification for men.
As they NFA guys used to say when I was growing up...its time to go back to the drawing board !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3135
our mens team definitely put a performance that can be applauded. 3rd place from failing to qualify twice is a progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
john12 wrote:
our mens team definitely put a performance that can be applauded. 3rd place from failing to qualify twice is a progress

Well, that sums up for me how low we have fallen. Going from when we considered Qualification our "birth right" to thinking of qualification to CHAN "progress"

How the mighty had fallen !! :sad: :sad:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
I am really happy that African football has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few year, I am really happy to see that even the 2nd tier African teams looked really good at the last ANC...and most will beat the 2nd Tier European teams and you can see some of the results in a spate of recent friendlies. The Problem is Nigeria is just not growing at the same rate those below us have grown. We have not been the number 1 team in Africa in like 12 years.

When was the last time Nigeria had a really feel good convincing win ???? I cant even remember.

Top tier European teams still win big against the minnows in their confederation with big numbers.. we don't !!! We really need to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to move the agenda forward. Waiting to scoop up England and Germany youth Rejects is not sustainable model to grow our football. We need a serious overhaul !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10957
JACKAL wrote:
[color=#0000FF]I am really happy that African football has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few year, I am really happy to see that even the 2nd tier African teams looked really good at the last ANC...and most will beat the 2nd Tier European teams and you can see some of the results in a spate of recent friendlies. The Problem is Nigeria is just not growing at the same rate those below us have grown. We have not been the number 1 team in Africa in like 12 years.

When was the last time Nigeria had a really feel good convincing win ???? I cant even remember.

Top tier European teams still win big against the minnows in their confederation with big numbers.. we don't !!! We really need to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to move the agenda forward. [color=#800000][size=150][color=#800000][size=150]Waiting to scoop up England and Germany youth Rejects [/size]
[/color]is not sustainable model to grow our football. We need a serious overhaul !![/size][/color]

[/color]

That is so wrong in many ways. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
ANC wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
[color=#0000FF]I am really happy that African football has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few year, I am really happy to see that even the 2nd tier African teams looked really good at the last ANC...and most will beat the 2nd Tier European teams and you can see some of the results in a spate of recent friendlies. The Problem is Nigeria is just not growing at the same rate those below us have grown. We have not been the number 1 team in Africa in like 12 years.

When was the last time Nigeria had a really feel good convincing win ???? I cant even remember.

Top tier European teams still win big against the minnows in their confederation with big numbers.. we don't !!! We really need to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to move the agenda forward. [color=#800000][size=150][color=#800000][size=150]Waiting to scoop up England and Germany youth Rejects [/size]
[/color]is not sustainable model to grow our football. We need a serious overhaul !![/size][/color]

[/color]

That is so wrong in many ways. :?

How do you mean ?

So far Victor Moses is the only top talent we have ever really gotten from our foreign imports, then of course now there is Joe Aribo who I already believe is a world class player. The rest of them are just average or slightly better than average talent. We cant build world class teams this way in any kind of sustainable way. There is an opportunity for Nigeria to work with La liga under that agreements already in place to develop a pipeline of great players and coaches unfortunately our people are poor at structuring deals and cant really see around the corner.

And why are we messing with our Youth teams. It aint broke, don't fix it by bringing players from Europe to spoil the dynamic make up of the teams we send to the U-17 cups.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group