Pinnick Investigated for Corruption-- House sealed off!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pinnick Investigated for Corruption-- House sealed off!

Post by danfo driver »

No wonder these thieves reinstated their fellow thief, Salisu Yusuf.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2XPnaBnt1J/
The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, has sealed a mansion belong to Amaju Pinnick, President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), in Park View Estate, Lagos, over corruption allegations levelled against him.
The commission also placed a mansion in Maitama, Abuja, belonging to Shehu Dikko, 2nd Vice President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Chairman of League Management Company of Nigeria, under investigation.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Pinnick Investigated for Corruption-- House sealed off!

Post by kalani JR »

Is everyone ignoring this hoping it disappears, should I ignore too?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They should investigate his village boy 1Nonsense too :tic:
They floss together
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

They keep changing it every week. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Which one do we believe? Why do the allegations keep changing? What happened to the previous allegations? The people making these allegations lack any credibility themselves.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

danfo driver wrote:No wonder these thieves reinstated their fellow thief, Salisu Yusuf.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2XPnaBnt1J/
The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, has sealed a mansion belong to Amaju Pinnick, President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), in Park View Estate, Lagos, over corruption allegations levelled against him.
The commission also placed a mansion in Maitama, Abuja, belonging to Shehu Dikko, 2nd Vice President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Chairman of League Management Company of Nigeria, under investigation.
I thought I read an article where the NFF denied reinstating Salisu?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Orion wrote:They keep changing it every week. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Which one do we believe? Why do the allegations keep changing? What happened to the previous allegations? The people making these allegations lack any credibility themselves.
Could it be different agencies with different allegations ie EFCC, ICPC, NPF etc?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They should handle this case very well before FIFA rule saves him or gets us banned
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Lolly wrote:

Could it be different agencies with different allegations ie EFCC, ICPC, NPF etc?
So what happened to all the previous allegations they've been making since before the world cup? Where are the court cases? Where are the prosecutions? Seems to me people just throwing mud and hoping something sticks. If one doesn't stick they move to another and another like a prostitute. The people making the allegations need to be investigated themselves and they need to account for the govt resources they're spending on these wild goose chases for which we've seen no results so far.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Orion wrote:
Lolly wrote:

So what happened to all the previous allegations they've been making since before the world cup? Where are the court cases? Where are the prosecutions? Seems to me people just throwing mud and hoping something sticks. If one doesn't stick they move to another and another like a prostitute. The people making the allegations need to be investigated themselves and they need to account for the govt resources they're spending on these wild goose chases for which we've seen no results so far.
Allegations are what they are, allegations. They don’t always lead to prosecution.

But I understand where you are coming from. Too many misses.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

What is an NFF el Presidente's annual salary and benefits like?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

cchinukw wrote:What is an NFF el Presidente's annual salary and benefits like?
Why? Not every house called "Mansion" in Nigeria is a mansion. :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:Is everyone ignoring this hoping it disappears, should I ignore too?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This one pain you well well. Seems the money you are collecting is about to dry up! Thief!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Lolly wrote:

There are three different investigations (so far), only one of which has been brought to trial (again, so far). Pinnick and the rest of the accused have been dodging the trial. Which is funny, because if you accused me of something like that, not only would I prove my innocence as swiftly as possible, but I would sue you in civil court seeking redress for the financial harm you could have caused me by damaging my reputation .....
pajimoh wrote:They should handle this case very well before FIFA rule saves him or gets us banned
Actually, this is the reason why sports administration is so corrupt all over the world. Granted, the natural behaviour of human beings with access to any kind of power is to use it to rig, manipulate, cheat or outrightly steal .... so sports administration is hardly unique....

.... but the question of whether a system of law enforcement and judicial intervention is effective or ineffective is rendered moot if an institution is allowed to completely exempt itself from the normal rule of law, installing itself as the only judge of whether itself is breaking laws that were written by itself in the first place. Why would it ever find itself guilty?

The only people you have to satisfy are the national federation bosses that elect you, and you can do that "corruptly" .... except since you write the rules, and you adjudge the rules, you can design both the rules and the "gifts" so that it all comes out "legal". Likewise the local federation bosses can be "generous" to "stakeholders" in their respective domains, and in many countries they don't even need to hide it behind plausible deniability.

There is so much money flowing around FIFA, the IOC, other international sporting bodies, and their continental and national affiliates .... and to a certain degree, to a large degree, there is no real oversight in the true sense of the word. Sure, there are entities we are supposed to pretend are "oversight-ing", but these guys are like absolute emperors sitting on empires of cash.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I was trying to ignore this thread but I'm posting in it by accident, please someone help me stop!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:I was trying to ignore this thread but I'm posting in it by accident, please someone help me stop!
Dem go soon ban you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Don't forget to add what he receives from FIFA and CAF, apart from his private shipping business.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
Don't forget to add what he receives from FIFA and CAF, apart from his private shipping business.

Though still under investigation, reports indicate the EFCC cleaned up its defacement of the property (Perhaps, due to social media outcry). As I understand it, the house was built before he became NFF President. Although that may mean it was not built with corrupt proceeds from being NFF or CAF staff but it may indicate corrupt proceeds prior but that is what investigation may/may not establish.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Though still under investigation, reports indicate the EFCC cleaned up its defacement of the property (Perhaps, due to social media outcry). As I understand it, the house was built before he became NFF President. Although that may mean it was not built with corrupt proceeds from being NFF or CAF staff but it may indicate corrupt proceeds prior but that is what investigation may/may not establish.
They need to invest in yellow tape rather than defacing someone’s property that may be innocent.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Actually, it doesn't matter whether the house was bought with the funds allegedly misappropriated. If a person is found guilty of a financial crime, and the sentence includes the recovery of the funds and/or a punitive fine of some kind, the lien will be against whatever assets the convict owns, regardless of whether he bought it with "clean" money or with the stolen funds. In cases like this, where the accused occupies a political position dependent on "elections", the funds could have been distributed to "stakeholders" to buy or sustain their support, in which case there are no assets in the accused's name that can be said to have been bought with the stolen funds.

In a lot of countries the prosecution would seek a court order to freeze the accused's assets before the trial .... but of the three investigations targeting the NFF, only the one from the Presidential Panel for Assets Recovery (or whatever) has been taken to the courts. The Nigeria media rarely reports on things in a way that allows you to fully understand what is going on (frankly, the media themselves probably don't know), so I don't know whether this ICPC seizure has any court-related authorization or if it just the usual extra-judicial impositions we live with in Nigeria.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:

They need to invest in yellow tape rather than defacing someone’s property that may be innocent.
The practice is so archaic. An act of vandalism yet acceptable.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The Eagle wrote:Actually, it doesn't matter whether the house was bought with the funds allegedly misappropriated. If a person is found guilty of a financial crime, and the sentence includes the recovery of the funds and/or a punitive fine of some kind, the lien will be against whatever assets the convict owns, regardless of whether he bought it with "clean" money or with the stolen funds. In cases like this, where the accused occupies a political position dependent on "elections", the funds could have been distributed to "stakeholders" to buy or sustain their support, in which case there are no assets in the accused's name that can be said to have been bought with the stolen funds.

In a lot of countries the prosecution would seek a court order to freeze the accused's assets before the trial .... but of the three investigations targeting the NFF, only the one from the Presidential Panel for Assets Recovery (or whatever) has been taken to the courts. The Nigeria media rarely reports on things in a way that allows you to fully understand what is going on (frankly, the media themselves probably don't know), so I don't know whether this ICPC seizure has any court-related authorization or if it just the usual extra-judicial impositions we live with in Nigeria.
You are right on your assumption of some of the Nigrian Media. Take the case of Polly Iriase who was accused diverting three Ambulances (community projects) to his house. Until this report https://punchng.com/ex-edo-rep-didnt-ke ... -use-icpc/

On the NFF... This is the report by Punch, take it with pinch of salt. https://punchng.com/12-properties-of-nf ... d-by-icpc/

Addressing your point on court-related authorization...
On allegation that the anti-graft agency didn’t get any court order before seizing the properties, she said, “There are different instances that warrant getting court orders. To seize, our (ICPC) Chairman has the power to do so according to our law.”
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

ICPC Seizes Amaju Pinnick's Properties In Warri, Abuja, Lagos, London

Aside from the investigations by the ICPC, the EFCC and the SPIP are also looking into the financial dealings of the NFF.

Several properties belonging to president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick and other top officials of the federation have been seized by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

The ICPC have moved against Pinnick and top NFF scribe as they investigate allegations of financial misappropriation.

Pinnick is the owner of half of the 12 properties that the ICPC said they have seized during the investigation.

The anti-corruption agency published a newspaper advert about the properties seized.

Properties of the NFF boss seized by the ICPC include a mansion in Ikoyi, a bungalow in GRA, Warri, an event centre in Warri, another bungalow in Asaba, an apartment in London and a plot of land in Abuja.

Two houses in Sokoto and Abuja belonging to the General Secretary of the NFF Mohammed Sanusi were also seized.

Ahmed Yusuf, a member of the NFF Executive Committee had two bungalows in Minna seized by the ICPC.

The anti-corruption agency also revealed that they have sealed the homes of the second Vice President of the federation Shehu Dikko.

"We can't go into further details beyond the fact that many officials of the NFF are under investigation," ICPC spokesperson, Rasheedat Okoduwa is quoted to say by the BBC.

"It's basically because what they have is in excess of what they have earned."

The ICPC are investigating allegations of the diversion of sponsorship money received by the NFF.

Aside from the investigations by the ICPC, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Special Presidential Investigatory Panel (SPIP) are also looking into the financial dealings of NFF's top brass.

Dikko and other NFF top brass have all been interrogated by the EFCC while SPIP in January recommended that president Pinnick be placed on a travel ban.

The Pinnick-led NFF have continued to deny all the allegations.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/09/19/nff-boss-amaj ... -the-icpc/