Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
All the African teams are out of the U-17 tournament today.

Senegal out, Nigeria out, Angola Out !!

The battle wasn't actually won on the field of play, it was won in the boardroom more than 4 years ago when they instituted new rules, new laws, new competition format into the U-17. We let them make all the changes without challenging them and here we are.... :curse:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 5715
Location: Exile
JACKAL wrote:
All the African teams are out of the U-17 tournament today.

Senegal out, Nigeria out, Angola Out !!

The battle wasn't actually won on the field of play, it was won in the boardroom more than 4 years ago when they instituted new rules, new laws, new competition format into the U-17. We let them make all the changes without challenging them and here we are.... :curse:


And here I was thinking something new had happened vis-a-vis Infantino's FIFA directly running leaderless CAF .....

I should have known it was the usual clickbait thread title. :sneaky:

_________________
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2461
Location: Malta
Maybe age tests have improved?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14560
Location: Houston, Texas.
Paveman wrote:
Maybe age tests have improved?



Significantly..... these were the youngest Eaglets I have seen ever! They looked like kids and they played like kids.

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:18 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5057
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17794
kalani JR wrote:
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.


No mind dem jare. They watch a game and think they know it all.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7767
Paveman wrote:
Maybe age tests have improved?


A 20-year-old Naija man immigrated to England as a 12-year-old
He turns out to be a great soccer player and recruited to play for the England U-17 team 4 years later

How old is he?

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 17794
JACKAL wrote:
All the African teams are out of the U-17 tournament today.

Senegal out, Nigeria out, Angola Out !!

The battle wasn't actually won on the field of play, it was won in the boardroom more than 4 years ago when they instituted new rules, new laws, new competition format into the U-17. We let them make all the changes without challenging them and here we are.... :curse:


In the shed, you're not the brightest tool. Are ya?

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10961
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
All the African teams are out of the U-17 tournament today.

Senegal out, Nigeria out, Angola Out !!

The battle wasn't actually won on the field of play, it was won in the boardroom more than 4 years ago when they instituted new rules, new laws, new competition format into the U-17. We let them make all the changes without challenging them and here we are.... :curse:


In the shed, you're not the brightest tool. Are ya?



Depending on NEPA. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 5715
Location: Exile
Rawlings wrote:
Paveman wrote:
Maybe age tests have improved?


A 20-year-old Naija man immigrated to England as a 12-year-old
He turns out to be a great soccer player and recruited to play for the England U-17 team 4 years later

How old is he?


He is too young to have witnessed Ghana win a Nations Cup.

_________________
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:31 pm
Posts: 8631
Location: London
Rawlings wrote:
Paveman wrote:
Maybe age tests have improved?


A 20-year-old Naija man immigrated to England as a 12-year-old
He turns out to be a great soccer player and recruited to play for the England U-17 team 4 years later

How old is he?



He is Ghanaian years old

_________________
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 61091
This things are cyclical. You cant always dominate at youth level.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
ohenhen1 wrote:
This things are cyclical. You cant always dominate at youth level.

Why don't you look at the trends as we go along...

Last U17 in India was the first year of changes....what happened ?? 2 European teams in the finals...
This year, the European teams are advancing again towards the finals...Spain, France, Netherlands.....

The changing of the Qualifying format so that we cant bring the traditionally 2 best African teams. Its either Nigeria or Ghana.... or worse None of the 2. Countries with strong youth programs Like Mali, and Burkina Faso have been cut off.... This significantly reduces the number of strong African teams we can bring.....the Euros face lass resistance in the finals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24906
Location: your girls place
CAF needs to do away with the present qualifying format. That being said, we inflicted wounds on ourselves with the rubbish players Garba selected. We all know federal character and corruption played a big factor. 70% of those boys did not merit being on that team and it shows with the rubbish ball they played in Brazil.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 pm
Posts: 28393
kalani JR wrote:
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.




Zactly. Move on. Not always condition fo wata.

_________________
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 pm
Posts: 28393
bret- hart wrote:
CAF needs to do away with the present qualifying format. That being said, we inflicted wounds on ourselves with the rubbish players Garba selected. We all know federal character and corruption played a big factor. 70% of those boys did not merit being on that team and it shows with the rubbish ball they played in Brazil.




And the present bad format is???? Seriously, I don't know.

_________________
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50894
JACKAL wrote:
All the African teams are out of the U-17 tournament today.

Senegal out, Nigeria out, Angola Out !!

The battle wasn't actually won on the field of play, it was won in the boardroom more than 4 years ago when they instituted new rules, new laws, new competition format into the U-17. We let them make all the changes without challenging them and here we are.... :curse:

This one dey vex because him 28 year old pikin nor fit kwalify for U-17 :tic:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11984
Location: seattle
JACKAL wrote:
All the African teams are out of the U-17 tournament today.

Senegal out, Nigeria out, Angola Out !!

The battle wasn't actually won on the field of play, it was won in the boardroom more than 4 years ago when they instituted new rules, new laws, new competition format into the U-17. We let them make all the changes without challenging them and here we are.... :curse:


your feelings are validated because feelings are real for the individual; acknowledging your feelings doesn't mean we share in it. on the other hand and because we cant leave you to rot means we get triangulated into it even through mere empathy.

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Last edited by jette1 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40652
Location: UK
bret- hart wrote:
CAF needs to do away with the present qualifying format. That being said, we inflicted wounds on ourselves with the rubbish players Garba selected. We all know federal character and corruption played a big factor. 70% of those boys did not merit being on that team and it shows with the rubbish ball they played in Brazil.
Feelings and sour grapes.
Since you are so sure, name some of those left behind, abeg.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
Man Ataye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.




Zactly. Move on. Not always condition fo wata.

Your response is typically African. We leave everything to chance. The Oyinbos saw you winning and dominating for 30 years and they did something about it. Its not just in soccer...Its the same at the UN and other world agencies. As long as we don't have people who know whats at stake in the room when these decisions are being made...this is what will always happen.

Changing that qualifying format hasa bigger effect than the MRI screening thing. Making sure we only present only country who is a real threat at the competition is honestly a stroke of Genius by the Oyinbos. I would never have thought of that myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 pm
Posts: 28393
JACKAL wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.




Zactly. Move on. Not always condition fo wata.

Your response is typically African. We leave everything to chance. The Oyinbos saw you winning and dominating for 30 years and they did something about it. Its not just in soccer...Its the same at the UN and other world agencies. As long as we don't have people who know whats at stake in the room when these decisions are being made...this is what will always happen.

Changing that qualifying format hasa bigger effect than the MRI screening thing. Making sure we only present only country who is a real threat at the competition is honestly a stroke of Genius by the Oyinbos. I would never have thought of that myself.







When we succeed at the next event/ tourney, lets c your write up !!!!! :? :?

_________________
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8303
Man Ataye wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.




Zactly. Move on. Not always condition fo wata.

Your response is typically African. We leave everything to chance. The Oyinbos saw you winning and dominating for 30 years and they did something about it. Its not just in soccer...Its the same at the UN and other world agencies. As long as we don't have people who know whats at stake in the room when these decisions are being made...this is what will always happen.

Changing that qualifying format hasa bigger effect than the MRI screening thing. Making sure we only present only country who is a real threat at the competition is honestly a stroke of Genius by the Oyinbos. I would never have thought of that myself.







When we succeed at the next event/ tourney, lets c your write up !!!!! :? :?

Again, another typically African response. The point is you gave up ground when you didn't have to. You reduced your statistical chance of winning when you start sending your 3rd and 4th best. Without the combination of Nigeria, Ghana, mali, BF, Senegal in the competition we reduce our confederations chances of winning.
There is a reason Europe is not willing to give up its 16 Spots in the WC proper.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 pm
Posts: 28393
JACKAL wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Meh sometimes we flops at these competitions sometimes we shine. The one in Finland we crashed out in the group stages and that group finished as runners up in the U20 and Olympics.




Zactly. Move on. Not always condition fo wata.

Your response is typically African. We leave everything to chance. The Oyinbos saw you winning and dominating for 30 years and they did something about it. Its not just in soccer...Its the same at the UN and other world agencies. As long as we don't have people who know whats at stake in the room when these decisions are being made...this is what will always happen.

Changing that qualifying format hasa bigger effect than the MRI screening thing. Making sure we only present only country who is a real threat at the competition is honestly a stroke of Genius by the Oyinbos. I would never have thought of that myself.







When we succeed at the next event/ tourney, lets c your write up !!!!! :? :?

Again, another typically African response. The point is you gave up ground when you didn't have to. You reduced your statistical chance of winning when you start sending your 3rd and 4th best. Without the combination of Nigeria, Ghana, mali, BF, Senegal in the competition we reduce our confederations chances of winning.
There is a reason Europe is not willing to give up its 16 Spots in the WC proper.



What sense does that remotely make??? Do u mean the teams that went??? They qualified!!!! Who had a hand in that???

_________________
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Oguleftie and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group