2019 HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE YEAR FOR NIGERIAN FOOTBALL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
2019 HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE YEAR FOR NIGERIAN FOOTBALL

Post by JACKAL »

No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
Women didn't qualify for Olympics
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
What other shoe is about to drop :???: :???:
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019 HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE YEAR FOR NIGERIAN FOOTBALL

Post by mystic »

JACKAL wrote:No trophy at Men's ANC
Women's WC disaster
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?

Women's World Cup wasn't a disaster. The Super Falcons not qualifying for the Olympics for the 2nd time in a row: THAT'S A CERTIFIED DISASTER!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

mystic wrote:
Women's WC disaster
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?

Women's World Cup wasn't a disaster. The Super Falcons not qualifying for the Olympics for the 2nd time in a row: THAT'S A CERTIFIED DISASTER!!!
The decline in women's football had been happening for more that 10 years. The women's WC was a disaster,,,, we have shown almost no improvement in the game in 15 years. We struggle to play any western team...after all these years...
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Women's WC disaster
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
I sincerely pray not but I am not confident that the Nwakali led U23 will qualify for Olympics. I know it sounds bad but... :scared:

Tournament starts on Saturday. We play CIV first on Sunday.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Lolly wrote:
Women's WC disaster
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
I sincerely pray not but I am not confident that the Nwakali led U23 will qualify for Olympics. I know it sounds bad but... :scared:

Tournament starts Friday. We play on Saturday.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

bushboy wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Women's WC disaster
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?

Tournament starts Friday. We play on Saturday.
We won't qualify.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

In spite of the above, I’m not sure 2019 has been a terrible year. We end the year with a very promising super eagles squad. We have had success in the past at junior and Olympic level. Of course more is better, but I think we would all agree that progress at the senior level is the ultimate goal - and on that front 2019 has given us reasons to be optimistic
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

You guys need to understand that Pinnick is interested in just the Super Eagles.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

donadoni wrote:In spite of the above, I’m not sure 2019 has been a terrible year. We end the year with a very promising super eagles squad. We have had success in the past at junior and Olympic level. Of course more is better, but I think we would all agree that progress at the senior level is the ultimate goal - and on that front 2019 has given us reasons to be optimistic

I guess you are glass 1/10th full kinda guy :biggrin:

Even though the senior team is better, we are still not producing players in the caliber of Brazilians or the French and we don't really have a bench. If that front 3 goes down in any prolonged way we are shiit outta luck.. Pinnick has now totally outsourced Nigerian football development to the litter pool of Rejects of the English, Germans and Dutch football.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

To be fair, how many of the top African teams have had impressive outings this year?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Women's WC disaster
U-20 men's disaster
No CHAN Qualification
U-17 WC disaster

what did I leave out ?
Rubbish. I guess 97% of the footballing population are in the same terrible state...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

The other shoe dropped today....No Olympic Qualification for men.
As they NFA guys used to say when I was growing up...its time to go back to the drawing board !!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

our mens team definitely put a performance that can be applauded. 3rd place from failing to qualify twice is a progress
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

john12 wrote:our mens team definitely put a performance that can be applauded. 3rd place from failing to qualify twice is a progress

Well, that sums up for me how low we have fallen. Going from when we considered Qualification our "birth right" to thinking of qualification to CHAN "progress"

How the mighty had fallen !! :sad: :sad:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I am really happy that African football has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few year, I am really happy to see that even the 2nd tier African teams looked really good at the last ANC...and most will beat the 2nd Tier European teams and you can see some of the results in a spate of recent friendlies. The Problem is Nigeria is just not growing at the same rate those below us have grown. We have not been the number 1 team in Africa in like 12 years.

When was the last time Nigeria had a really feel good convincing win ???? I cant even remember.

Top tier European teams still win big against the minnows in their confederation with big numbers.. we don't !!! We really need to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to move the agenda forward. Waiting to scoop up England and Germany youth Rejects is not sustainable model to grow our football. We need a serious overhaul !!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

JACKAL wrote:I am really happy that African football has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few year, I am really happy to see that even the 2nd tier African teams looked really good at the last ANC...and most will beat the 2nd Tier European teams and you can see some of the results in a spate of recent friendlies. The Problem is Nigeria is just not growing at the same rate those below us have grown. We have not been the number 1 team in Africa in like 12 years.

When was the last time Nigeria had a really feel good convincing win ???? I cant even remember.

Top tier European teams still win big against the minnows in their confederation with big numbers.. we don't !!! We really need to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to move the agenda forward. Waiting to scoop up England and Germany youth Rejects is not sustainable model to grow our football. We need a serious overhaul !!

That is so wrong in many ways. :?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

ANC wrote:
JACKAL wrote:I am really happy that African football has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few year, I am really happy to see that even the 2nd tier African teams looked really good at the last ANC...and most will beat the 2nd Tier European teams and you can see some of the results in a spate of recent friendlies. The Problem is Nigeria is just not growing at the same rate those below us have grown. We have not been the number 1 team in Africa in like 12 years.

That is so wrong in many ways. :?
How do you mean ?

So far Victor Moses is the only top talent we have ever really gotten from our foreign imports, then of course now there is Joe Aribo who I already believe is a world class player. The rest of them are just average or slightly better than average talent. We cant build world class teams this way in any kind of sustainable way. There is an opportunity for Nigeria to work with La liga under that agreements already in place to develop a pipeline of great players and coaches unfortunately our people are poor at structuring deals and cant really see around the corner.

And why are we messing with our Youth teams. It aint broke, don't fix it by bringing players from Europe to spoil the dynamic make up of the teams we send to the U-17 cups.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?