Dangote to renovate Abuja national stadium

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Dangote to renovate Abuja national stadium

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sir V wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:A 60k brand new Stadium in Surulere would have been better. Super Eagles need to get back to Lagos the real home of the Eagles. We need our Wembley back.

They should have demolish both Stadium in Surulere.

Build something like this...Iraqi stadium

To be honest that lagos is a disgrace. Look at the surrounding of the stadium. Haba!
That isn't Lagos
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

They Should rename the stadium after Dangote.
He should sign a 50yr lease to run and manage the place, maybe remit 10% of GR every year.
Stadiums in Nigeria need to be privatized, the Federal and State Govts have very poor maintenance culture.
Peter Obi For President 2023
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Babalawo wrote:They Should rename the stadium after Dangote.
He should sign a 50yr lease to run and manage the place, maybe remit 10% of GR every year.
Stadiums in Nigeria need to be privatized, the Federal and State Govts have very poor maintenance culture.
You are CORRECT but Individuals can also build their own stadium. What is stopping them?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:Renovating the Onikan stadium was another dumb idea. The place is way too small for a standard sized stadium.

They should've instead built a multipurpose complex there like the O2 Arena, TD Garden, Staples Center, MSG, etc that could've been used for basketball games in the hope of attracting NBA Africa, and even indoor concerts. Both Rwanda and Senegal have beaten us to the punch by building theirs. In addition to South Africa of course.

I don't know who advises these clowns. Yes I know they wanted to make money from the contract but they could've still made a killing while building something more sensible.
Making too much sense as usual.
I could never quite figure out what the hell they thought they were doing building a 5000 capacity football arena?

Unless maybe something has been lost in translation.
Or maybe they got their measurements wrong.... :lol:
The Hive owned by Barnet FC is 6500 capacity (5400 seated) and has hosted at least 3 SE matches. A small local stadium has its uses.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sir V wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:A 60k brand new Stadium in Surulere would have been better. Super Eagles need to get back to Lagos the real home of the Eagles. We need our Wembley back.

They should have demolish both Stadium in Surulere.

Build something like this...Iraqi stadium

To be honest that lagos is a disgrace. Look at the surrounding of the stadium. Haba!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Lagos is not dsert land.

See Lagos in the other pic. You still think its a disgrace?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lolly wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
ANC wrote:Do you renovate the stadium every 5 years or something? You should just build another stadium in Lagos where it would be likely used for other events and hence likely generate revenue for continued maintenance. Abuja that I saw was a ghost town, it had no life like Lagos, unless things have changed in the last few years. Small Colleges in the US are able to maintain decent playing stadiums, why can't Nigeria?
You are on point, I have not even visited Abuja and I am a Nigerian. But the politicians dey Abuja, they are known for white elephant projects that only have political benefits, no real economic benefit.
Look at this ohene, do you even go to Nigeria?
He goes on social media. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohenhen na one funny guy sha :lol: