Nwakwali the next Osundu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwakwali the next Osundu

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote:
Yea
Thats all i needed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Propaganda Master Lolly

PML

:lol:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote:
Lolly wrote:
ANC wrote:Ok he is older than Dr Adesabi according to Adesabi. Do you know how old Adesabi was?
Bros, leave matter. You already know the truth. Now you understand my response to Bigpork's post. :biggrin:

It makes no sense. Invited to senior team in 1981 but did not make it. Invited from which club, that should be easy to find out no? Nigeria probably played in 1983 and 1985 u-20 WC, but he was not invited nor played in those tournaments, but wait he was not invited to 1985 U-17 WC either but gets invited and plays in Canada 87 U-17 WC?.

Yes it makes a lot of sense, Nigeria plays him in U-17 tournament 6 years after inviting him to the señor team. Is record keeping that poor in Nigeria?
Plenty naive "boys" on CE. :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Actually Lolly, you may be right, perhaps he was a prodigy in 1981, lets say @ 16 yrs of age. The senior team handlers got wind of it and proceeded to invite him to senior national team. Then 6 years later @ 23 years of age, he plays in Canada 87. I am sure there have been players in the early 20s that's played in U-17 WC. Thats a lot "ifs" though.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ANC wrote:Actually Lolly, you may be right, perhaps he was a prodigy in 1981, lets say @ 16 yrs of age. The senior team handlers got wind of it and proceeded to invite him to senior national team. Then 6 years later @ 23 years of age, he plays in Canada 87. I am sure there have been players in the early 20s that's played in U-17 WC. Thats a lot "ifs" though.
:lol: :lol: Let old man Zanza enjoy his retirement.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ANC wrote:Actually Lolly, you may be right, perhaps he was a prodigy in 1981, lets say @ 16 yrs of age. The senior team handlers got wind of it and proceeded to invite him to senior national team. Then 6 years later @ 23 years of age, he plays in Canada 87. I am sure there have been players in the early 20s that's played in U-17 WC. Thats a lot "ifs" though.

ANC:

Phillip Zanza Osondu was in the 1981 Green Eagles list of invitees by Onigbinde. Oga Prof EII unearthed the list...dont ask me how. You know between EII and Gotti, nothing in our football history can be lost.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Lolly wrote:
You’re damn right :D . Osondu played in the football League for Falcons of Aba in 1979 – ‘80 season and later played U-17 for Nigeria in 1987. Such was the level of fraud in age-grade football in Nigeria back then :) :lol: .
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

iworo wrote:
Lolly wrote:
You’re damn right :D . Osondu played in the football League for Falcons of Aba in 1979 – ‘80 season and later played U-17 for Nigeria in 1987. Such was the level of fraud in age-grade football in Nigeria back then :) :lol: .

Where is Dr Adesabi Obanikoro? So he watched Osondu play in the 1970s? :shock:
(BTW, I hope Dr Sabinus Okoro PhD is Okay).

But I digress. I don't buy it. It would be stupid if they actually invited him for senior eagles in 1981 and then proceeded to play him 6 years later in U-17. If this is true, then FIFA should give Nigeria a 10 year ban.
Last edited by ANC on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
iworo wrote:
Lolly wrote:

But I digress. I don't buy it. It would be stupid if they actually invited him for senior eagles in 1981 and then proceeded to play him 6 years later in U-17. If this is true, then FIFA should give Nigeria a 10 year ban.
Osondu became the original poster 'boy' for Nigerian age cheating.

Leave that one.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

ANC wrote:
iworo wrote:
Lolly wrote:

@ANC. Read the below old article published by Guardian Newspaper.
Again, Spotlight On Nigerian U-17 Teams Over False Ages
Published by Guardian on Sun, 26 Feb 2012

Former Super Eagles striker, Humphrey Jebba, predicted recently that the nation's football might continue to witness the use of over-aged players in competitions meant for junior players unless those administering the game decide to stamp out the syndrome. Speaking with GOWON AKPODONOR at his Agbassa residence in Warri, the former Bendel United and BCC Lions of Gboko top striker fingered the need to impress their employers (the NFF) at all cost, as well as laziness as reasons Nigerian coaches resort to cheating in underage competitions.

The nation is currently fighting for qualification tickets for the FIFA U-17 World Cup in both male and female categories, and already there are danger signals from the camps of the Golden Eagles and the Flamingoes following allegation of over aged players. Prior to the FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria in 2009, former Green Eagles winger, Adokiye Amiesimaka, raised an alarm that the Golden Eaglets captain, Fortune Chukwudi, was at least nine years older than the age he claimed to be. His revelation that Chukwudi played for his Sharks youth team as far back as 2002/2003 football season was greeted with mixed reactions, with officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and some others tagging him an enemy of progress. But as someone with the interest of the nation's football at heart, Amiesimaka stood his ground, insisting that as chairman of Sharks of Port Harcourt in the 2002/2003, he decided to float a feeder team of fresh school leavers not older than 20 years. Then, the feeder team concept was relatively new in the country and Amiesimaka wanted to make a success of the innovation, so he decided to double as the team's coach. Drawing Nigerians' attention on the danger of using Chukwudi in the 2009 cadet championship, Aimiesimaka disclosed: 'One of my key players then is the current captain of our so-called U-17 team. By his own admission at that time, that is seven years ago, he was 18 years old. If we are not utterly irresponsible, how can he be eligible for this tournament when he is not less than 25 years old now.

Like many other allegations of cheating raised against Nigerian youth teams in the past, the point raised by Amiesimaka was swept under the carpet. The Golden Eagles made it to the final of the competition, where they lost to Switzerland. It is another year for FIFA U-17 World Cups and again, Nigeria's build up to the championship is shrouded in over-aged controversies. First, it was coaches of the country's U-17 female team, the Flamingoes that were accused of fielding over-aged players in the qualifier against Kenya. After the coach Peter Dedevbo-tutored Flamingoes led the country to win the first leg in Nairobi, coach of the Kenyan side cried blue murder, saying that his country lost to 'mamas' and not U-17 players. Instead of the NFF looking into the allegation raised by the Kenyan coach, with a view to ascertaining the authenticity of it, it labeled the coach a bad loser. A statement by Aisha Falode, General Coordinator of all the national female teams, said the man was a false alarmist. The protest lodged by the Kenyan officials at CAF secretariat is yet to be determined.

In what many analysts saw as desperation, Falode defended the choice of the players by pointing out that the international passport is the sole determinant of ages. Falode's explanation, notwithstanding, some analysts are worried that the ages on the passports may have be fixed for the players by their coaches in connivance with some NFF officials, who want the teams to win at all cost. The Guardian's investigation has revealed that the Flamingoes' camp in Abuja has professional players from the various league sides in the country. The team's top striker, Patience Okaemu, who scored Nigeria's two goals in the first leg of the game against Kenya at Nyayo National Stadium in Nairobi, played for Pelican Stars of Calabar for two seasons before crossing over to Delta Queens. Another player in the Flamingoes team, Halima Ayinde, featured for Nassarawa Amazons last season. Also in the team is Oluchi Offoegbu, who featured for Pelican Stars in the last football season.According to a source close to the team, one of the players in the Flamingoes team, Jennifer Ajuya, has allegedly been in the fold of Delta Queens since 2004. The source revealed that she started with the club's Feeders team. There is also Jiroro Idike, who, the source said, joined Delta Queens in 2010.

At the completion of the team screening excise in Abuja late last year, Chairman of the NFF Technical Committee, Christopher Green, had read the riot act to the team, saying: "The NFF wants to make this clear now that there is zero tolerance for age cheating. We no longer have any patience for players, who would come to the national team, falsify their ages to be able to play age-grade competition and fail to fulfill their potential years after.". I am telling you girls to come clean and tell us your true ages. We will investigate all those players who eventually pass this screening exercise and get to know their actual ages. Anyone found to have deceived the Federation, even if she passed the screening, would be sent packing. We are not joking. The NFF would not tolerate cheating. But after officials of the Kenyan U-17 team accused the Flamingoes of cheating, Green revealed that the football body made several verifications to confirm the players ages. He said: "We are not the parents of these players, but through the several verifications we made, we confirmed they are of the ages they claim".

It's always a big challenge for coaches to select players of true ages when it comes to age-grade competitions, but we've done the best we can to get the right players for the competition. Peter Dedevbo, who is the coach of Delta Queens FC, was appointed coach of the Flamingoes last year and he is expected to lead the team to this year's FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup holding in Azerbaijan. Dedevbo, who was assistant coach of the Super Falcons at the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup in China, also led the Flamingoes to Trinidad and Tobago two years ago, where the team lost in the quarterfinal. One of the outstanding campaigners against cheating at age group competitions, former Green Eagles captain, Segun Odegbami, has been calling on the authorities to redirect their attention to the development of schools sports and the grassroots. According to Odegbami, the schools are "where we can get players who are young and hungry not only to do their nation proud, but also to make names for themselves in the game".

Odegbami, who won 46 caps and scored 23 goals for the then Green Eagles, said: "There is no way we can get a true U-17 player outside our schools. How can we say a player playing in the national league is U-17. This cannot be unless we are deceiving ourselves. Parents and coaches also must be sincere in whatever they are doing not to encourage their wards to falsify their ages.".

With the allegation of cheating raised against the female U-17 side yet to settle, the coach of the U-17 male team, (Golden Eaglets), Manu Garba, hit the spotlight during the week following the invitation of one Sanusi Sani from Gombe United to the team. Even as some Nigerians continue to question Sani's invitation, the coach is going about defending the boy's age, basing his argument on the player's physique.

To some lovers of football in Nigeria, the syndrome called age cheating has done more harm than good to the nation's soccer. In 1985, Nigeria won the first ever FIFA U-16 World Cup in China and one of the players on parade for Nigeria was a certain Fatai Atere. He was said to be 14 years old at that time. Two years later, at 16, Atere played in the same World Cup at Canada '87 and three years after, he faded out of the game. Meaning that Atere was just 19 when he quit active football.In 1987, there was a '13-year-old' Peter Ogaba, who was part of Nigeria's U-17 team that picked silver in Canada 87 World Cup. He was the youngest player at that tournament. Two years later, at 15, he played in the U-17 World Cup again and the U-20 World Cup in Saudi Arabia. Three years after that, Ogaba was no longer playing active football. He was just 18.

In 1987, Philip Osondu was named the Most Valuable Player (MVP) at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. At the time, he was 16 years old. Unknowing to many Nigerians then, Osondu had actually featured in the Super Eagles in 1983, but was dropped by Coach Adegboye Onigbinde after the first phase of camping before qualifiers for the 1984 Africa Cup of Nations and the World Cup began. However, Osondu, after a sparkling performance at the U-16 World Cup in 1987, was signed on by Anderlecht of Belgium and was supposed to be a player for the future. He managed to play in the U-20 World Cup in two years (1989) as an 18 year old, but two years later, he could no longer play football actively.

With the system becoming 'more rampant' and gaining the support of the NFF, many watchers of the beautiful game are worried that despite the lip service paid to eradicating the scourge, there may not be an end to age cheating in the nation's football unless punitive measures are employed against culprits. According to Jebba, the best way out is to go back to genuine school sports.' We know that the average age to start secondary school in Nigeria is 10 and that means by the time you are in Senior Secondary School (SS1) you could be between the ages of 13-16. Any player above SS3 should not be invited to the U-17 team,'' he said.

https://www.latestnigeriannews.com/news ... -ages.html
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1983 or 1981?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The above article stated 1983 and I believe that to be correct.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gbosa...talk about a trash player who spends time on Instagram instead of training..winning some rubbish u17 , thinking he is the best since osundu....smh...failed to qualify for u20, failed to qualify for u23....

This dude should never ever near the SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Gbosa...talk about a trash player who spends time on Instagram instead of training..winning some rubbish u17 , thinking he is the best since osundu....smh...failed to qualify for u20, failed to qualify for u23....

This dude should never ever near the SE
You are being too harsh on the guy. He still has at least 2 years to turn his career around. He is still 21.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
iworo wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Leave that one.

You see your people?

Next someone will ask for "evidence"...

The legend of "Bagger Zanza" continues.....A prodigy at 35!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
iworo wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Leave that one.

You see your people?

Guy, in Osondu's case no-one need ask for evidence becos the evidence was everywhere
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:You see your people?

Guy, in Osondu's case no-one need ask for evidence becos the evidence was everywhere
Even on this thread, decades later someone was asking for proof!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:You see your people?

Even on this thread, decades later someone was asking for proof!
Not everyone was around or of age back when Osondu was doing his agbaya thing.
So its only natural they should be curious, especially considering their present day experience of age cheat accusations being thrown around willy-nilly with no iota of proof being provided anywhere.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I saw Osondu play for Falcons of Aba in either 1986 or 87 against IBWA (or was it Eagle Oil sef) at Onikan Stadium

He was superb and easily the best player on the pitch.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Aswani wrote:I saw Osondu play for Falcons of Aba in either 1986 or 87 against IBWA (or was it Eagle Oil sef) at Onikan Stadium

So you say him play before the U-17 Canada tournament?
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

ANC wrote:
Aswani wrote:I saw Osondu play for Falcons of Aba in either 1986 or 87 against IBWA (or was it Eagle Oil sef) at Onikan Stadium

So you say him play before the U-17 Canada tournament?
Yes I did.