AFCONQ - NGR 2 vs BENIN 1 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCONQ - NGR 2 vs BENIN 1 (FT)

Post by deanotito »

ANC wrote:
deanotito wrote:And not to make too much of it, but the way Jamilu Collins was beat for Benin's first goal...errhhhh, let me just say he's lost a lot of my points in my book.

Beating dey and Beating dey. That kinda beating is a bit much for me....but make we dey look

Honestly Aina was better in that position during AFCON.
Yeah, Aina is a really good versatile player. I thought he was too green for the last World Cup, but he’s grown up so much now.

On Collins...not ready to throw the book at him, but he’ll need to dig himself out of this hole I’ve thrown him into. Anybody can be beat but the manner of your beating matters and the quality of the player that beat you. You just can’t be lunging at tackles without restraint
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

From the highlights looks like we created lots of chances. We could have easily scored 4 goals.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

deanotito wrote:
ANC wrote:
deanotito wrote:And not to make too much of it, but the way Jamilu Collins was beat for Benin's first goal...errhhhh, let me just say he's lost a lot of my points in my book.

Beating dey and Beating dey. That kinda beating is a bit much for me....but make we dey look

Yeah, Aina is a really good versatile player. I thought he was too green for the last World Cup, but he’s grown up so much now.

On Collins...not ready to throw the book at him, but he’ll need to dig himself out of this hole I’ve thrown him into. Anybody can be beat but the manner of your beating matters and the quality of the player that beat you. You just can’t be lunging at tackles without restraint
The same way he was beaten at will in our last friendly. I am beginning to think he is not up to the task. Or he may need to sit up a bit more.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cito wrote:
deanotito wrote:
ANC wrote:

The same way he was beaten at will in our last friendly. I am beginning to think he is not up to the task. Or he may need to sit up a bit more.

He is where Aina was about 2 years ago. Perhaps he needs more time.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Collins has been really poor indeed, there's a home based player from Enyimba Rohr called up to replace Idowu( can't remember his name), but he's played in all the CAF confed cup games for Enyimba so far, and has looked solid... maybe we should try him out in our next game against Lesotho...
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:Collins has been really poor indeed, there's a home based player from Enyimba Rohr called up to replace Idowu( can't remember his name), but he's played in all the CAF confed cup games for Enyimba so far, and has looked solid... maybe we should try him out in our next game against Lesotho...

He is not that bad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Collins has been really poor indeed, there's a home based player from Enyimba Rohr called up to replace Idowu( can't remember his name), but he's played in all the CAF confed cup games for Enyimba so far, and has looked solid... maybe we should try him out in our next game against Lesotho...
I think thats the guy in the pre-match press conference seated beside Ekong, Ifeanyi Anaemena.

I hope he can seize his chance and I wish him good luck.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ANC wrote:

He is not that bad.
He is not but the beatings he has received from opponent in our last 2 games would not have happened with better positioning. He needs to get better at that.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Cito wrote:
deanotito wrote:
ANC wrote:

I brought this u when his club was thrashed like 4-1 or something in a game a few months ago. He was not even contesting headers but giving a dummy fake with the ball in the air among other howlers. The guy has some hustle but he needs coaching.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

It shouldn't come as a surprise. Some of us have said it time and time again. just read these thread and refresh your memory.

Collins can not be the starting LB if you plan to go anywhere with this team. He is a decent back up, that's it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297543&p=5510706&hi ... s#p5510706

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297563&p=5512572&hi ... s#p5512572
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:

It shouldn't come as a surprise. Some of us have said it time and time again. just read these thread and refresh your memory.

Collins can not be the starting LB if you plan to go anywhere with this team. He is a decent back up, that's it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297543&p=5510706&hi ... s#p5510706

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297563&p=5512572&hi ... s#p5512572
Yeah, appears you spoke/speak the truth. I’m not ready to sign off just yet as I’d prefer to see him some more but in my book, he’s crawling up from a deficit.

And it really isn’t that hard to avoid embarrassment as a defender...that’s the concerning part...the ease with which he was almost eating grass.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AFCONQ - NGR 0 vs BENIN 1 (1H)

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:they want to give this man a new contract :lol: :lol: :lol:
When are you going to stop looking foolish?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Robbynice wrote:Nobody is watching the game yet they are blaming Akpeyi for the goal...This is too funny mehn
Don't you just love our people......lol
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

wale1974 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Nobody is watching the game yet they are blaming Akpeyi for the goal...This is too funny mehn
Don't you just love our people......lol

Unhappy hearts are the ones that do that. Not just Africans