Nigeria U 23 (0) vs South Africa U 23 (0) - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria U 23 (0) vs South Africa U 23 (0)

Post by DIMKA76 »

truetalk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Omo, those boys never looked like scoring. Perhaps SA even had more shots on goal.
Perhaps?

They had more in a 6 minute spell in the 1st half than we managed all game.
I hadn't checked but you've confirmed my suspicions.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bushboy wrote:Any team with Awoniyi as #9 won't win anything. He has regressed terribly. I cannot imagine why we didn't call up Addullahi or Maja.
Awoniyi and Nacho are the biggest disappointments ever... and to think they were easily the most promising players to emerge from our youth.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria U 23 (0) vs South Africa U 23 (0) - FT

Post by Odas »

Hmm, no Olympics for our girls and boys? Na wa-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

And please, I don't want to ever hear Azubike mentioned as a potential SE player ever again. The man is piss poor!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote:
bushboy wrote:Any team with Awoniyi as #9 won't win anything. He has regressed terribly. I cannot imagine why we didn't call up Addullahi or Maja.
Awoniyi and Nacho are the biggest disappointments ever... and to think they were easily the most promising players to emerge from our youth.

Awoniyi is a good player. Its Nwakali that has been rubbish for 3 years now. Dude is all hype.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Awoniyi is a good player. Its Nwakali that has been rubbish for 3 years now. Dude is all hype.
I think Nwakali is suffering from Superstar syndrome. He thinks he has arrived when he has barely started. He needs to put his head down and work very hard.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bushboy wrote:This is NOT the first choice Olympic team. Shame we miss out on a golden generation of talent at the Olympics. Oh well...
Don't use such words loosely,that group of losers have not proven such a burden to bear they are the burden so hopfully that project is finished along with their coach!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I am in sifia pains. We didn't even go down fighting. Kai.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Lolly wrote:I am in sifia pains. We didn't even go down fighting. Kai.
More like a whimper.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Cellular wrote:Don't know how we will go about improving the football IQ of our players at all levels.
You gotta teach them young ...
Just watch the Brazil U17 that I watched again play yesterday: they play matured football like their senior team; and whenever they move up to a higher level national team they don't miss a beat
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Odas wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:The way the coach reacted after beating Zambia told me he had no plan, just pray to God. But God helps those who help themselves more.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He had no plan, but to pray to God. I hope you just made this up
Didn’t his players strike for cash?Im thinking he made them do so in order for them to pay him, if he doesn’t leave Football, football will leave him!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Lolly wrote:I am in sifia pains. We didn't even go down fighting. Kai.
Na this one pain me pass. I mean sometimes things wouldn't work out but you can at least say that you went down trying. We no try at all today. The coach needs to be fired on the spot. Haba!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija do well
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

The coach never built a team to prosecute this competition so this is not surprising. :boo:

Some people here were actually arguing that the coach should use SE players (who would be unavailable for the tournament) to qualify for it and then throw a makeshift team of players who never played together before for the tournament. Well, this what has happened and it FAILED. You get nothing when you don't plan.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:Are we going to talk about how criminally useless Imama is? I mean this man has failed to qualify three teams (U20, CHAN, and now U23) if I'm right? sack this fraud already.
When the NFF wanted to bring Salisu Yusuf ba back, we all cried foul. This is the result. Imama should not be allowed near the SE bench again. It's a waste of resources.
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Are we going to talk about how criminally useless Imama is? I mean this man has failed to qualify three teams (U20, CHAN, and now U23) if I'm right? sack this fraud already.
When the NFF wanted to bring Salisu Yusuf ba back, we all cried foul. This is the result. Imama should not be allowed near the SE bench again. It's a waste of resources.
Is Salisu any better?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Is Salisu any better?
Definitely better but he is damaged goods. Shouldn’t be allowed near any national team again.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ah well, we already have gold, silver and bronze.

Let others try.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't know about every one else. But I am actually happy Nigeria didn't qualify for the Olympics. Too much resources go into football. hopefully the money can go into other sports.

23 players traveling for one gold medal. Hopefully we can invest in other areas like weightlifting or wrestling.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
Have you already forgotten why he was suspended? :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't know about every one else. But I am actually happy Nigeria didn't qualify for the Olympics. Too much resources go into football. hopefully the money can go into other sports.

23 players traveling for one gold medal. Hopefully we can invest in other areas like weightlifting or wrestling.
I actually agree with you on this. Let them concentrate on diversifying their interest to other sports. Maybe there will be some good to come out of this.

That said, can they ban this coach from the national team? He gives 'horrible' a bad name.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:Ah well, we already have gold, silver and bronze.

Let others try.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

This!

When it looked we would qualify, several CEs were were actually moaning that they are tired of our always playing at the Olympics, so you would think they would be happy at the turn of events.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

green4life wrote:
Cellular wrote:I see why Pinnick insists on a foreign coach for the Eagles.

At least he picks players mostly on merit.
Sad but true. :mrgreen:
So what "meritorious" players were out there and AVAILABLE (as in their clubs agreed to release them for the tournament) who were not selected?

It's quite sad when supposedly educated and enlightened Nigerians leave substance and chase shadows. Imama may be a poor football coach (after all, he has only had a season of good record in the NPFL), but there's absolutely NO credible evidence of the corruption being imputed here. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL