Central Defenders OMG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Central Defenders OMG

Post by ANC »

:shock:

This cannot be the same Nigeria of the 90s. Ajayi and Ekong? :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Central Defenders OMG

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote::shock:

This cannot be the same Nigeria of the 90s. Ajayi and Ekong? :lol:

Are u really this daft? whats your point? No its not Nigeria of the 90s because its 2019. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nigeria is with a long hx of producing strong quality central defenders. What happened?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

What exactly did Ekong and Ajayi do wrong?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:What exactly did Ekong and Ajayi do wrong?
I wonder o. He should be more concerned about rhe sorry state of the black stars instead if trying to steal our joy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

They are flat footed and would be badly exposed against quick strikers. First goal was squarely Ajayi's,
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

ANC wrote:

They are flat footed and would be badly exposed against quick strikers. First goal was squarely Ajayi's,
I know right, like Neymar, Firmino & Richarlison.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?

Senegal, Senegal, Englad etc
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?

The last time they faced England the game ended 2-1 and none of England's goal was scored by any quick strikers.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

truetalk wrote:
ANC wrote:

I know right, like Neymar, Firmino & Richarlison.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?

The last time they faced England the game ended 2-1 and none of England's goal was scored by any quick strikers.

Ajayi is not ready.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?

Ajayi is not ready.
Man, shut up :dream:
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?

Ajayi is not ready.
Man, shut up :dream:

Man F you. You don't tell me to shut up. Thats my opinion and I have a right to it. Just ignore me if you must.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
I wonder o. He should be more concerned about rhe sorry state of the black stars instead if trying to steal our joy.
What? So ANC na Ghananese?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

He ain't wrong. The entire backline sucks imho. Rohr needs to be looking for replacements for Ekong, Ajayi and Awaziem.

Ola Aina should be tried out as an option in the central midfield. He is not strong enough defensively as a wing back. Any fast player burns him out wide.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

kali wrote:He ain't wrong. The entire backline sucks imho. Rohr needs to be looking for replacements for Ekong, Ajayi and Awaziem.

Ola Aina should be tried out as an option in the central midfield. He is not strong enough defensively as a wing back. Any fast player burns him out wide.
Typical Nigerian gestapo mentality, just throw the baby away along with the bath water, so Rohr will just wake up one morning and start finding quality defenders left, right, and center like it's that easy abi? of course nobody thinks any of the defenders are world class, but they are still very useful and if played in the right system... can be very good. The fact that Ekong, Ajayi, Omeruo, Awaziem are all starters in their respective clubs should be common enough sense that they are rated well to some extent at least.
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Tobi17 wrote:
kali wrote:He ain't wrong. The entire backline sucks imho. Rohr needs to be looking for replacements for Ekong, Ajayi and Awaziem.

Typical Nigerian gestapo mentality, just throw the baby away along with the bath water, so Rohr will just wake up one morning and start finding quality defenders left, right, and center like it's that easy abi? of course nobody thinks any of the defenders are world class, but they are still very useful and if played in the right system... can be very good. The fact that Ekong, Ajayi, Omeruo, Awaziem are all starters in their respective clubs should be common enough sense that they are rated well to some extent at least.
Nothing to add Tobi17, you covered it all :clap: :clap:
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ogasir wrote:
ANC wrote:

Quick strikers such as?
Ghana will use them drink akamu
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

So beyond his physique and theoretical attributes it brings, Ajayi has not shown me anything that says he should start ahead of Omeruo. He isn’t bad but given relative inexperience and quality of his club, I’d say Omeruo deserves the nod ahead of him.

On Awaziem...players like Awaziem are a coach’s dream i.e. Versatile players that can be slotted in multiple positions. But as always, a coach has to remember that even if a player can play a position well, it’s still not his natural position. I believe Awaziem is best as a CD. That he can play as a RB doesn’t mean he should be permanently fixed there. I’ve seen many coaches make that mistake.

I honestly believe we should go back to the Shehus/Ebuehis for RB. I would have said Idowu too, but Brian never sees an offensive opportunity that looks good to him...he’s like a zero on overlapping, though he’s pretty good defensively. Best prospect I’ve seen at RB for Nigeria over the last 5 years is Ebuehi though. That’s a smart player right there
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eclipse wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Nothing to add Tobi17, you covered it all :clap: :clap:
Tobi is the new Tbite.
He makes some of his daddies and unkulus here on CE look like his small nephews. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ajayi seems to be most comfortable on the ball out of all our CDs and gives us the option of having a CD that can bring the ball up (when necessary) or play out from the back. However, he and Ekong are not the quickest. Omeruo although not that fast either is probabaly faster than Ajayi.

Awazeim hasn't been tried much in the CD position. Hope he's able to cement a consistent spot in the starting XI at Leganes. On paper he has the potential to become a very good CD.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ajayi is keeping highly rated Egyptian international defender, Ahmed Hegazy on the bench in West Bromwich Albion.
I am happy