This is the Best SE I have seen since 1994

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: This is the Best SE I have seen since 1994

Post by john12 »

it dosen't matter if they faded into obscurity they still Won ANC and until this team match that result, they cant be better
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

Truth talk let's be honest
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

ANC wrote:Whatever. The central defenders were awful. Would have chopped 20 goals today against Ghana, CIV etc.
They played Brazil, Ukraine, & Benin, With virtually those two. Think bro...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
gochino wrote:Guy abeg cool down small. We played Lesotho, did you hear the commentator say that many of them are part time footballers? They have regular jobs and play football on weekends.
vancity eagle wrote:Yes I said it.

Since 2019 ANC Rohr has answered his critics by playing free flowing attacking football which I have not witnessed since 1994. Finally watching this team brings absolute pleasure.

Anybody who does not wish for his contract to be renewed is treasonous to the nation.

The way the boys spray passes is a joy to watch. The off ball running has drastically improved. No longer are players static, they are running all over the pitch into space playing quick passing, dynamic play, then they will switch the play with a crossfield pass. It was a beauty to watch. Going by the Benin extended highlights I also noticed how we were creating so many chances.

So we have now drawn Brazil and Ukraine while playing beautiful football against Ukraine and now 2 very attacking displays against Benin and Lesotho.

I dont think people understand how hard todays game was on an artificial pitch, at altitude after traveling from Nigeria 8 hours or so..

This team can really do damage in 2022 and Rohr is actually building something great, while his haters plot his downfall. Thank goodness these enemies of progress did not get their way. NFF would be the most foolish organization in history if they do not renew Rohr's contract.

Player Ratings

Akpeyi [/b]- 6.5 - still the weakest link, wasn't tested much but was completely flat footed for Lesotho's first goal. Should have at least been on his toes ready to react. This guy is not it.

Aina - 8 - Did very well at LB, I have been calling for him to play here for a while since we have so many RB options and Collins is a liability. His joining the attack is a joy to behold. Adds that extra element to our attack, his combo play was very impressive, did OK defenseively as well.

Troost - 7 - Was at fault for first goal, and had one lapse of concentration late in the game, but otherwise solid

Ajayi - 7 - Solid but gave away a few uneccesary fouls. Lesotho troubled our backline a little more than I would wish

Awaziem - 7.5
- Solid game. His crossing ability is great. Unlucky own goal

Ndidi - 8 - Bossed the midfield and really joined in on the attack

Aribo - 7 - Decent showing but a little off the mark, tired out near the end

Iwobi - 8.5
- Very good attacking display. Was the maestro on the pitch, linked up well with team mates, ran into space all the time to recieve the ball and orchestrate attacks. We need more displays like this from Iwobi

Simon - 7
- Decent showing but needs to get a little more involved. Had some good attacking plays and defends well as always

Chukwueze -8
- Harassed the Lesotho defenders and linked up well with attack

Oshimehn - 9- All over the pitch worked hard, hold up play was on point, 2 goals and 2 assists. This guy is going to be special. His work ethic and die hard attitude is what we want to see

SUBS

Azeez - 6.5 - did OK but was lackadaisical as soon as he came on and lost the ball when he had an open man to simply pass to. Nice pass for Oshimens last goal

Musa - 5 Piss poor once he came on. Was losing the ball and missed a sitter. He looked out of form.

Kalu - NOt enough time to rate

so what say you when we were tearing Ukraine apart and drawing with Brazil ?

Minnows or not, Nigeria has not looked this good since 1994, even against minnows.

The dynamism in attack has never been this good.

Don't mind them, compare this game with the 0-0 eyesore we had under Oliseh against Swaziland in similar conditions in 2016. The team has come in leaps and bounds.

Difference is this team made the mistake of trying to play, we struggle against teams that just park the bus like a Swaziland or Madagascar did...

Not true, Swaziland attacked us all through that game and could have won. Didn’t we lose to Liberia and the like in the past?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Yes, we indeed have to take the quality of opposition into consideration...
But there’s NO DOUBT THAT THIS TEAM HAS IMPROVED and is still capable of further improvement!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:Yes, we indeed have to take the quality of opposition into consideration...
But there’s NO DOUBT THAT THIS TEAM HAS IMPROVED and is still capable of further improvement!

I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This improvement we are seeing (apart from a few stubborn goats who's identities we all know) has always been on the cards. Our problem has always been an insatiable desire for quick results. E be like 'continuity' and 'medium to long-termism' no dey our dictionary.
#RohrOut# on life support. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Best vs the almighty Lesotho :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: that team that won 2013 was frankly an eyesore. A team that soon faded into obscurity and failed to qualify for 2 back to back ANCs. Nowhere near the attacking quality that is currently on display. They played 2 good games all tournament (CIV, Mali) the rest was average.

Yes I clarify that I am talking about style of play and potential. Not results.

I never got the joy watching Keshi's team that I get from watching this new team we have unfolding. Not even close.
The team's eyesore record is clear for all. Afcon winners and WC second. The eye pleasing team went to learn.

Anyway, we beat Lesotho, Yes, Lesotho. A big party is called, standard have fallen or lowered. Eyesore winners, Eye pleasing learners.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

lacidi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
gochino wrote:Guy abeg cool down small. We played Lesotho, did you hear the commentator say that many of them are part time footballers? They have regular jobs and play football on weekends.

Since 2019 ANC Rohr has answered his critics by playing free flowing attacking football which I have not witnessed since 1994. Finally watching this team brings absolute pleasure.

Anybody who does not wish for his contract to be renewed is treasonous to the nation.

The way the boys spray passes is a joy to watch. The off ball running has drastically improved. No longer are players static, they are running all over the pitch into space playing quick passing, dynamic play, then they will switch the play with a crossfield pass. It was a beauty to watch. Going by the Benin extended highlights I also noticed how we were creating so many chances.

So we have now drawn Brazil and Ukraine while playing beautiful football against Ukraine and now 2 very attacking displays against Benin and Lesotho.

I dont think people understand how hard todays game was on an artificial pitch, at altitude after traveling from Nigeria 8 hours or so..

This team can really do damage in 2022 and Rohr is actually building something great, while his haters plot his downfall. Thank goodness these enemies of progress did not get their way. NFF would be the most foolish organization in history if they do not renew Rohr's contract.

Player Ratings

Akpeyi [/b]- 6.5 - still the weakest link, wasn't tested much but was completely flat footed for Lesotho's first goal. Should have at least been on his toes ready to react. This guy is not it.

Aina - 8 - Did very well at LB, I have been calling for him to play here for a while since we have so many RB options and Collins is a liability. His joining the attack is a joy to behold. Adds that extra element to our attack, his combo play was very impressive, did OK defenseively as well.

Troost - 7 - Was at fault for first goal, and had one lapse of concentration late in the game, but otherwise solid

Ajayi - 7 - Solid but gave away a few uneccesary fouls. Lesotho troubled our backline a little more than I would wish

Awaziem - 7.5

Iwobi - 8.5
- Very good attacking display. Was the maestro on the pitch, linked up well with team mates, ran into space all the time to recieve the ball and orchestrate attacks. We need more displays like this from Iwobi

Simon - 7
- Decent showing but needs to get a little more involved. Had some good attacking plays and defends well as always

Chukwueze -8

Oshimehn - 9- All over the pitch worked hard, hold up play was on point, 2 goals and 2 assists. This guy is going to be special. His work ethic and die hard attitude is what we want to see

SUBS

Azeez - 6.5 - did OK but was lackadaisical as soon as he came on and lost the ball when he had an open man to simply pass to. Nice pass for Oshimens last goal

Musa - 5 Piss poor once he came on. Was losing the ball and missed a sitter. He looked out of form.

Minnows or not, Nigeria has not looked this good since 1994, even against minnows.

Don't mind them, compare this game with the 0-0 eyesore we had under Oliseh against Swaziland in similar conditions in 2016. The team has come in leaps and bounds.

Difference is this team made the mistake of trying to play, we struggle against teams that just park the bus like a Swaziland or Madagascar did...

Not true, Swaziland attacked us all through that game and could have won. Didn’t we lose to Liberia and the like in the past?

That’s not true, but it doesn’t fit your rhetoric but it’s ok. Fact is that teams that park the bus and counter have give us the most problems in being able to break them down, just like Madagascar did and we could only muster one tame shot on target.

Hopefully our problems are solved but I’ll be interested to see if a team comes to park bus if we will be able to break them down. But the combo with Osimhen, Samu, Iwobi and Kalu looks very promising and mouthwatering, with us finding the biggest piece - a mobile striker with WC potential.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote: that team that won 2013 was frankly an eyesore. A team that soon faded into obscurity and failed to qualify for 2 back to back ANCs. Nowhere near the attacking quality that is currently on display. They played 2 good games all tournament (CIV, Mali) the rest was average.

Yes I clarify that I am talking about style of play and potential. Not results.

I never got the joy watching Keshi's team that I get from watching this new team we have unfolding. Not even close.
The team's eyesore record is clear for all. Afcon winners and WC second. The eye pleasing team went to learn.

Anyway, we beat Lesotho, Yes, Lesotho. A big party is called, standard have fallen or lowered. Eyesore winners, Eye pleasing learners.
Everything will always be a problem for you, are you naturally this bitter? when last did we have an impressive record on the road to the so called "minnow" teams like Lesotho? I mean once upon a time and not too long ago, we were bullied by the likes of Tanzania, Sudan, Kenya, Namibia, and even Swaziland...
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
lacidi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Player Ratings

Awaziem - 7.5

Iwobi - 8.5

Simon - 7

Chukwueze -8

SUBS

That’s not true, but it doesn’t fit your rhetoric but it’s ok. Fact is that teams that park the bus and counter have give us the most problems in being able to break them down, just like Madagascar did and we could only muster one tame shot on target.

Hopefully our problems are solved but I’ll be interested to see if a team comes to park bus if we will be able to break them down. But the combo with Osimhen, Samu, Iwobi and Kalu looks very promising and mouthwatering, with us finding the biggest piece - a mobile striker with WC potential.

Against Madagascar we played old men like Mikel, Ogu, Ighalo, Balogun etc... I doubt Madagascar would have stood a chance if we fielded Osihmen and the other young bloods in attack.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi, remember he played against Tunisia in the 3rd place match, he didn’t look like the Osimhen of today, was just passable in that game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am not so sure that Balogun is "finished"

He is a strong and experienced defender who was always one of our best players until his mishap against Madagascar.

I hope he is not being punished for that one mistake.

Frankly something about his play left me more at ease than either Ajayi or Awaziem, even Omeruo (always prone to one silly mistake a game)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:Tobi, remember he played against Tunisia in the 3rd place match, he didn’t look like the Osimhen of today, was just passable in that game.

Oshimen looked like a headless chicken in that match. He has really come of age and is improving rapidly. It could just be that Rohr was justified to play Ighalo ahead of him at that time.

all irrelevant now.

Rohr knows his 3 attackers and its

Oshimen, Chukwueze, Kalu

If he wants a more defensive set up he may replace Kalu with Simon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Tobi, remember he played against Tunisia in the 3rd place match, he didn’t look like the Osimhen of today, was just passable in that game.

Oshimen looked like a headless chicken in that match. He has really come of age and is improving rapidly. It could just be that Rohr was justified to play Ighalo ahead of him at that time.

all irrelevant now.

Oshimen, Chukwueze, Kalu

Its not a case of 'it could be'. He WAS justified in playing Ighalo ahead of Osimhen and Ighalo proved it.

All this talk from the bad bellers is simply about downplaying the successes of Rohr.
Like I keep saying they can't even enjoy a SE victory any more.

Osimhen has come of age and it shows. And he is still learning because his ceiling is very high.
Like Oloye said elsewhere, they want to use Osimhen's current form to place him in a team from the past.
"Ko le werk".
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smh.. this number brother. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

is it possible that in that ONE GAME, there were extenuating circumstances? After all, he played a FULL SEASON before that game when he was amazing! Is it possible that his motivation was shot to pieces, after the coach had attacked him in public? Or there was other issues?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

all irrelevant now.

Oshimen, Chukwueze, Kalu

Its not a case of 'it could be'. He WAS ustified in playing Ighalo ahead of Osimhen and Ighalo proved it.

All this talk from the bad bellers is simply about downplaying the successes of Rohr.
Osimhen has come of age and it shows. And he is still learning because his ceiling is very high.
Like Oloye said elsewhere, they want to use Osimhen's current form to place him in a team from the past.
"Ko le werk".
Playing Ighalo was not the problem, afterall he was the highest goalscorer in the tournament. The issue is that when we needed goals, the horrid human being who behaved like the way the Nazis did to the jews didnt have the common sense to bring Osimehn in to partner Ighalo. Instead, he spent the week trying ti destroy Osimehn's name and uplifting his lovers Musa and the other dunce Simon.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

all irrelevant now.

Oshimen, Chukwueze, Kalu

Its not a case of 'it could be'. He WAS ustified in playing Ighalo ahead of Osimhen and Ighalo proved it.

"Ko le werk".
Playing Ighalo was not the problem, afterall he was the highest goalscorer in the tournament. The issue is that when we needed goals, the horrid human being who behaved like the way the Nazis did to the jews didnt have the common sense to bring Osimehn in to partner Ighalo. Instead, he spent the week trying ti destroy Osimehn's name and uplifting his lovers Musa and the other dunce Simon.
Danfo driver, your love of hyperbole is well known.
Evidence in red above. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But that aside, you should be the last person to complain about trying to "destroy a person's name" the way you shouted lies from the rooftops about Enyeama during the build up to the World Cup. :idea:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

how do moderators allow this man to continue comparing Rohr to Nazi Aka (hitler people) clearly inciting racial divide? is it that serious? isnt this a beautiful game and wheres the evidence? this is a shame if I may say
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

This team definitely passes the "eye" test.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

For all the Rohr haters, please remember some key facts. Westerhof was gored in 1989. He used 123 players between 1989 and the Nations Cip in Tunis. 1992, when we lost to Ghana in Senegal and ended up with a bronze we all called for his head. Then came along three magicians to join a hiding Daniel Amokachi. Amunike, Oliseh and Okocha. Sometimes, soup is just missing a few ingridients but it is still a good soup. Had Westerhof been fired, 1994 and 1996 never happens. If not for Abacha, Nigeria would have won the 1994, 96 and 98 Nations Cups.

Today, we witness the relegation of Balogun, Musa, Simon, Ezenwa, Etebo to the bench. We also witness the rebirth of Azeez much like Amokachi who had previously been discovered in 1990 but waited until he matured in 1993 to rejoin the team.

I venture to say that Osimhen will replace Yekini and that the three magicians of our time may actually become four. Kalu, Chukwueze, Aribo, Lookman and Ojo. Great teams have powerful and fluid midfields. I see Nigeria as no exception. I would not change the coach. He has adapted from a conservative Euro tactical style to allowing the boys to have fun. When all the pieces are in place, this may end up being the greatest and deepest team that we have produced. I say team and not individuals.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nzeogwu wrote:For all the Rohr haters, please remember some key facts. Westerhof was gored in 1989. He used 123 players between 1989 and the Nations Cip in Tunis. 1992, when we lost to Ghana in Senegal and ended up with a bronze we all called for his head. Then came along three magicians to join a hiding Daniel Amokachi. Amunike, Oliseh and Okocha. Sometimes, soup is just missing a few ingridients but it is still a good soup. Had Westerhof been fired, 1994 and 1996 never happens. If not for Abacha, Nigeria would have won the 1994, 96 and 98 Nations Cups.

Today, we witness the relegation of Balogun, Musa, Simon, Ezenwa, Etebo to the bench. We also witness the rebirth of Azeez much like Amokachi who had previously been discovered in 1990 but waited until he matured in 1993 to rejoin the team.

I venture to say that Osimhen will replace Yekini and that the three magicians of our time may actually become four. Kalu, Chukwueze, Aribo, Lookman and Ojo. Great teams have powerful and fluid midfields. I see Nigeria as no exception. I would not change the coach. He has adapted from a conservative Euro tactical style to allowing the boys to have fun. When all the pieces are in place, this may end up being the greatest and deepest team that we have produced. I say team and not individuals.
rubbish , just because you beat Lesotho... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have a prehistoric manager who will be 70 in 2022

so quick to forget

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved