Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13437
Location: USA
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
blueangel wrote:
deanotito wrote:
I’m personally a bit surprised at the rave reviews the team has received for this match. I can’t say I watched all 90 minutes, but I wasn’t very impressed.

I generally believe that there are many simple signs that tell if a team is ready for primetime. One of them is how they handle opposition that is far beneath them, and their professionalism in doing so.
On both fronts, I think Nigeria was average to poor. I know the common retorts about “no small team in Africa”, but I don’t buy it here. Nigeria to Lesotho is like England to Montenegro or Germany to Lithuania.

In my opinion, in a game like this, a team like Nigeria should score at least 3 unanswered goals at the minimum. Not being able to keep a clean sheet and scoring at least one questionable goal, to me, is an indication that this team is still on a journey to where they should be. We beat Lesotho because of the gulf in class, but as you face better teams, your professionalism will be key….because you’re not going to experience this much of a gulf in class.

We can get into player performance and tactics all you want, but I will stop at this level for now. It wasn’t a very coordinated/professional performance IMO. There were portions of that game that it seemed conceivable that Lesotho would come away with a draw...and that shouldn't be.



Well Said Deanotito : My same exact sentiments and line of thoughts.
We just dey make noise over Lesotho.
Make we defeat some top tier teams (1 - 10 ) in real competition and not friendly.
Rohr failed us woefully during the last World-Cup.
During a friendly we beat Argentina . Real game came during World Cup when it counts, they Beat us.

Meanwhile Nigerian coaches cannot qualify us for any international tournaments or we we cannot get to finals if we make it.
At this Point In Time, AT This Phase of our FOOTBALL, Rohr na the Best Thing.So we need to keep him.


Yep. Recently, Lille got beat 4-1 in the champions league. Osimhen scored Lille's only goal, and in my own opinion, no striker on the opposition was as good as Osimhen. But that didn't stop Lille from getting beat 4-1. And it won't stop us from suffering if we don't improve.

I was reading Collin Udoh’s match report where he was talking about “sexy chemistry” and phrases like that, and I was scratching my head..against Lesotho?? If you can't pass between channels against Lesotho, where you go pass? Perhaps we’ve been starved for so long, and we’re leaping for anything that we can see. But work dey


Bros penetrative passing was made easy because they actually played an open game and tried to attack us at every chance so we were able to pass around easily when in possession. But when these smaller teams hunker down like Madagascar did and allow us to have possession while they retreat into a shell and hit us on the counter, we always have issues. Against Madagascar we had over 60+% of possession with very little penetration (1 tame shot on target).

https://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=539291

I do agree with you that this thread is reading way too much into this match against a poor team who actually tried to play against our much superior individual players.


For someone to say this is the best SE since 1994 because we beat Lesotho 4-2....when YAK and co went to war-torn Sudan and beat them 5-1, I guess that didn't happen? There are results galore in the history of Nigeria in Africa....and you can make of them what you wish. To me, how you win is very instructive of the future...cause it only gets harder.

I didn't see the play of a world-class team.

Seems as if some people just want to jump on the train in order to say I told you so...I want this team to improve. And it is my belief they will....but based on this game?? Still work to do

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3187
failed woefully at World cup? It is obvious that you're a CLOWN. your team were ranked last in the group, had lower rated players compared to Argentina/Croatia but as a foolish goat that you're, you feel entitled and arrogant and expect them to win it all. angel*


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40830
Location: UK
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.


and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.
You see this your point, eh?
They will never acknowledge the significance and never even respond to that specific point.

I am pretty certain that if there was an AFC-specific ranking going back 3 years (ie, rankings based on all-Africa fixtures only), Nigeria would be no 1.
Winning routinely on the road has never been something I have associated with the Super Eagles in the past. It would happen occasionally but the default position was a narrow defeat or at best a draw.

Isn't it funny that the 1-1 draw vs Brazil is casually dismissed by the whingers as a "meaningless friendly", but the "meaningless non-friendly" vs Madagascar is held up as a 'sack-worthy' major catastrophe that Rohr put us through.

We complain when 'minnows' like Madagascar and Lesotho stand up to relative 'giants' like Nigeria ('giant' only because we won AFCON 6 whole years ago) but then bitterly complain when we fail to BEAT genuine giants Brazil in a friendly, or Argentina starring arguably the world's GOAT and his supporting cast in a World Cup knockout game.

Whinge and whine, whine and whinge.....these people need to learn to accept football for what it is and enjoy the moment when it is there to be enjoyed.
Because no nation is here to 'sell grannut' any more. :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84180
Location: Earth
Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.


and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.
You see this your point, eh?
They will never acknowledge the significance and never even respond to that specific point.

I am pretty certain that if there was an AFC-specific ranking going back 3 years (ie, rankings based on all-Africa fixtures only), Nigeria would be no 1.
Winning routinely on the road has never been something I have associated with the Super Eagles in the past. It would happen occasionally but the default position was a narrow defeat or at best a draw.

Isn't it funny that the 1-1 draw vs Brazil is casually dismissed by the whingers as a "meaningless friendly", but the "meaningless non-friendly" vs Madagascar is held up as a 'sack-worthy' major catastrophe that Rohr put us through.

We complain when 'minnows' like Madagascar and Lesotho stand up to relative 'giants' like Nigeria ('giant' only because we won AFCON 6 whole years ago) but then bitterly complain when we fail to BEAT genuine giants Brazil in a friendly, or Argentina starring arguably the world's GOAT and his supporting cast in a World Cup knockout game.

Whinge and whine, whine and whinge.....these people need to learn to accept football for what it is and enjoy the moment when it is there to be enjoyed.
Because no nation is here to 'sell grannut' any more. :idea:

you are so clueless and full of the false narratives all to please your boss..we all know you are the president of the rohrbots..use your brain....The SE last lost a WCQ in Lunanda in 2004..However thanks to **** that record has been broken after the 3-0 loss vs Algeria

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40830
Location: UK
deanotito wrote:

For someone to say this is the best SE since 1994 because we beat Lesotho 4-2....when YAK and co went to war-torn Sudan and beat them 5-1, I guess that didn't happen?
How can you be so effortlessly, helplessly, hopelessly, irretrievably and untraceably off the mark?
How on earth did you get to that point where you have read everything on this thread and concluded it is all because of a single match in which we beat Lesotho 4-2 away?
Like....how?
Where is your GPS?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40830
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
you are so clueless and full of the false narratives all to please your boss..we all know you are the president of the rohrbots..use your brain....The SE last lost a WCQ in Lunanda in 2004..However thanks to **** that record has been broken after the 3-0 loss vs Algeria
I nor dey follo mad persin argue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2836
Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.


and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.
You see this your point, eh?
They will never acknowledge the significance and never even respond to that specific point.

I am pretty certain that if there was an AFC-specific ranking going back 3 years (ie, rankings based on all-Africa fixtures only), Nigeria would be no 1.
Winning routinely on the road has never been something I have associated with the Super Eagles in the past. It would happen occasionally but the default position was a narrow defeat or at best a draw.

Isn't it funny that the 1-1 draw vs Brazil is casually dismissed by the whingers as a "meaningless friendly", but the "meaningless non-friendly" vs Madagascar is held up as a 'sack-worthy' major catastrophe that Rohr put us through.

We complain when 'minnows' like Madagascar and Lesotho stand up to relative 'giants' like Nigeria ('giant' only because we won AFCON 6 whole years ago) but then bitterly complain when we fail to BEAT genuine giants Brazil in a friendly, or Argentina starring arguably the world's GOAT and his supporting cast in a World Cup knockout game.

Whinge and whine, whine and whinge.....these people need to learn to accept football for what it is and enjoy the moment when it is there to be enjoyed.
Because no nation is here to 'sell grannut' any more. :idea:

Damunk I'm tired of these entitled divas mate, he still failed to answer the cognitive questions I posited to him...the bobo just keeps dribbling himself into cul-de-sacs without answering SIMPLE QUESTIONS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2836
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
you are so clueless and full of the false narratives all to please your boss..we all know you are the president of the rohrbots..use your brain....The SE last lost a WCQ in Lunanda in 2004..However thanks to **** that record has been broken after the 3-0 loss vs Algeria
I nor dey follo mad persin argue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only BP knows when Nigeria actually lost 3-0 on the playing field to Algeria, the guy dey another planet :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40830
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
you are so clueless and full of the false narratives all to please your boss..we all know you are the president of the rohrbots..use your brain....The SE last lost a WCQ in Lunanda in 2004..However thanks to **** that record has been broken after the 3-0 loss vs Algeria
I nor dey follo mad persin argue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only BP knows when Nigeria actually lost 3-0 on the playing field to Algeria, the guy dey another planet :rotf:
The guy lost his marbles a long time ago. :D

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1900
Location: New York
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.


and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.



Don't mind them :) . There are no more minnows in Africa football. There was a time when one could flawlessly predict the outcome of soccer matches in Africa even before kick-off, but this isn't the case anymore. The truth is that for a while now, we’ve been punching above our weight, living in the past and placing our teams higher than they should really be, but I believe this present team can ignite the start of something beautiful for our football and all we need to do is get behind them and their coach.

The funniest thing is that, some people are making it sound as if scoring four goals away from home in opposition's home ground is not a big deal. Some sobering food for thought for Rohr's haters' club, look at our away records (1993-2008), this victory ranked as the third in terms of the number of away goals scored by Nigeria in opposition's home ground. So, I don't see what the whining is all about.



228 South Africa 17/ 1/93 Johannesburg, RSA 0-0 WC Qualifying
230 Ethiopia 11/ 4/93 Addis Ababa, ETH 0-1 ANC Qualifying
232 Ivory Coast 2/ 5/93 Abidjan, CIV 1-2 WC Qualifying
234 Uganda 17/ 7/93 Kampala, UGA 0-0 ANC Qualifying
237 Algeria 8/10/93 Algiers, ALG 1-1 WC Qualifying
238 Thailand 11/ 1/94 Bangkok, THA 1-1 [may not be official]
245 Colombia 17/ 4/94 Medellín, COL 0-1
246 Sweden 5/ 5/94 Stockholm, SWE 1-3
248 Romania 25/ 5/94 Bucuresti, ROM 0-2
254 Senegal 9/10/94 Dakar, SEN 1-3
255 England 16/11/94 London, ENG 0-1
262 Uzbekistan 21/10/95 Tashkent, UZB 3-2 Afro-asian Cup
266 Morocco 12/12/96 Casablanca, MAR 0-2 Hassan Cup
267 Kenya 12/ 1/97 Nairobi, KEN 1-1 WC Qualifying
269 Burkina Faso 27/ 4/97 Ouagadougou, BFA 2-1 WC Qualifying
272 Tunisia 9/ 8/97 Tunis, TUN 0-2 LG Cup
273 Guinea 17/ 8/97 Conakry, GUI 0-1 WC Qualifying
274 Zambia 13/12/97 Lusaka, ZAM 0-2
275 Zambia 17/12/97 Lusaka, ZAM 0-0
278 Jamaica 22/ 2/98 Kingston, JAM 2-2
279 Germany 22/ 4/98 Köln, GER 0-1
280 Yugoslavia 29/ 5/98 Beograd, YUG 0-3
281 Holland 5/ 6/98 Amsterdam, HOL 1-5
286 Burkina Faso 4/10/98 Ouagadougou, BFA 0-0 ANC Qualifying
288 Senegal 28/ 2/99 Dakar, SEN 1-1 ANC Qualifying
289 Mozambique 16/ 8/99 Maputo, MOZ 1-0
291 Greece 13/11/99 Kirkis, GRE 0-2
292 Gabon 21/11/99 Libreville, GAB 2-0
299 Eritrea 9/ 4/00 Asmara, ERI 0-0 WC Qualifying
304 Liberia 9/ 7/00 Monrovia, LBR 1-2 WC Qualifying
306 Madagascar 7/10/00 Antananarivo, MAD 0-0 ANC Qualifying
309 Ghana 11/ 3/01 Accra, GHA 0-0 WC Qualifying
310 Zambia 24/ 3/01 Chingola, ZAM 1-1 ANC Qualifying
311 Sierra Leone 21/ 3/01 Freetown, SLE 0-1 WC Qualifying
314 Namibia 16/ 6/01 Windhoek, NAM 2-0 ANC Qualifying
315 Sudan 1/ 7/01 Omdurman, SUD 4-0 WC Qualifying
317 South Korea 13/ 9/01 Daejeon, KOR 2-2
318 South Korea 16/ 9/01 Busan, KOR 1-2
320 Ivory Coast 12/ 1/02 Bouake, CIV 1-1
328 Scotland 17/ 4/02 Aberdeen, SCO 2-1
330 Ireland 16/ 5/02 Dublin, IRL 2-1
335 Angola 9/ 9/02 Luanda, ANG 0-0 ANC Qualifying
336 Senegal 12/10/02 Dakar, SEN 2-2
339 Ghana 15/12/02 Accra, GHA 1-0
340 Gambia 16/ 2/03 Banjul, GAM 1-0
341 Malawi 29/ 3/03 Blantyre, MALAWI 1-0 ANC Qualifying
342 Jamaica 25/ 5/03 Kingston, JAMAICA 2-3
349 Japan 20/ 8/03 Tokyo, JPN 0-3
361 Angola 20/ 6/04 Luanda, ANG 0-1 WC qualifying
363 Zimbabwe 5/ 9/04 Harare, ZIM 3-0 WC qualifying
364 Gabon 8/10/04 Libreville, GAB 1-1 WC qualifying
365 Libya 20/10/04 Tripoli, LIB 1-2 LG Cup
367 South Africa 17/11/04 Johanessburg,RSA 1-2
369 Rwanda 5/ 6/05 Kigali, RWA 1-1 WC Qualifying
372 Libya 17/ 8/05 Tripoli, LIB 1-0
373 Algeria 4/ 9/05 Oran, ALG 5-2 WC Qualifying
375 Romania 16/11/05 Bucharest, ROM 0-3
383 Lesotho 8/10/06 Maseru, LES 1-0 ANC Q
386 Kenya 27/ 5/07 Nairobi, KEN 1-0
387 Uganda 2/ 6/07 Kampala, UGA 1-2 ANC Q
388 Niger Republic 18/ 6/07 Niamey, NIG 3-1 ANC Q
389 Macedonia 22/ 8/07 Skopje, MAC 0-0
391 Mexico 14/10/07 Ciudad Juarez, MEX 2-2
393 Switzerland 20/11/07 Zurich, SWISS 1-0
399 Austria 27/ 5/08 Graz, AUSTRIA 1-1
401 Sierra Leone 7/ 6/08 Freetown, S-LEONE 1-0 WCQ
402 Equat. Guinea 15/ 6/08 Malabo, E-GUINEA 1-0 WCQ

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesn/nig-intres.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13437
Location: USA
Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:

For someone to say this is the best SE since 1994 because we beat Lesotho 4-2....when YAK and co went to war-torn Sudan and beat them 5-1, I guess that didn't happen?
How can you be so effortlessly, helplessly, hopelessly, irretrievably and untraceably off the mark?
How on earth did you get to that point where you have read everything on this thread and concluded it is all because of a single match in which we beat Lesotho 4-2 away?
Like....how?
Where is your GPS?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Damunk, as far as CE goes, I consider you a bro...so I go restrain myself. Go to page 3 and read my first comment. I only refer to the reaction to this match, which in my opinion was a disjointed performance.

I think Rohr has been good for the Eagles, has succeeded and deserves a contract renewal. But to come away from this match thinking we have arrived? That’s lunacy

The most successful Eagles coaches have won a medal at the ANC and gotten eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the WC, with the exception of 1998 and 2010, often gallantly. Rohr has done the same. He is definitely the most mature Eagles coach I have seen, and he had succeeded. But I am beyond that. I want WC quarter finals or semis. That team play against Lesotho is not quarter/semi final quality

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1900
Location: New York
deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:

For someone to say this is the best SE since 1994 because we beat Lesotho 4-2....when YAK and co went to war-torn Sudan and beat them 5-1, I guess that didn't happen?
How can you be so effortlessly, helplessly, hopelessly, irretrievably and untraceably off the mark?
How on earth did you get to that point where you have read everything on this thread and concluded it is all because of a single match in which we beat Lesotho 4-2 away?
Like....how?
Where is your GPS?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Damunk, as far as CE goes, I consider you a bro...so I go restrain myself. Go to page 3 and read my first comment. I only refer to the reaction to this match, which in my opinion was a disjointed performance.

I think Rohr has been good for the Eagles, has succeeded and deserves a contract renewal. But to come away from this match thinking we have arrived? That’s lunacy

The most successful Eagles coaches have won a medal at the ANC and gotten eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the WC, with the exception of 1998 and 2010, often gallantly. Rohr has done the same. He is definitely the most mature Eagles coach I have seen, and he had succeeded. But I am beyond that. I want WC quarter finals or semis. That team play against Lesotho is not quarter/semi final quality


I utterly agree with you. This is a good team, but we still have a lot of work to do to qualify for the next World Cup not to even talk of WC quarter finals or semis. Easy does it, bro :) !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1900
Location: New York
deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:

For someone to say this is the best SE since 1994 because we beat Lesotho 4-2....when YAK and co went to war-torn Sudan and beat them 5-1, I guess that didn't happen?
How can you be so effortlessly, helplessly, hopelessly, irretrievably and untraceably off the mark?
How on earth did you get to that point where you have read everything on this thread and concluded it is all because of a single match in which we beat Lesotho 4-2 away?
Like....how?
Where is your GPS?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Damunk, as far as CE goes, I consider you a bro...so I go restrain myself. Go to page 3 and read my first comment. I only refer to the reaction to this match, which in my opinion was a disjointed performance.

I think Rohr has been good for the Eagles, has succeeded and deserves a contract renewal. But to come away from this match thinking we have arrived? That’s lunacy

The most successful Eagles coaches have won a medal at the ANC and gotten eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the WC, with the exception of 1998 and 2010, often gallantly. Rohr has done the same. He is definitely the most mature Eagles coach I have seen, and he had succeeded. But I am beyond that. I want WC quarter finals or semis. That team play against Lesotho is not quarter/semi final quality


I utterly agree with you. This is a good team, but we still have a lot of work to do to qualify for the next World Cup not to even talk of WC quarter finals or semis. Easy does it, bro :) !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14024
Damunk wrote:

But that aside, you should be the last person to complain about trying to "destroy a person's name" the way you shouted lies from the rooftops about Enyeama during the build up to the World Cup. :idea:


List the lies I shouted against Enyeama. All I said was that I HAVE DECIDED THAT he will never play for Nigeria again, and I was right! As you can see, the c**t has never played for Nigeria since I made that statement.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29999
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.

and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.

Incorrect...

In the second round group stage of the 2010 WC qualifiers...
SE topped its group with 5 wins in 5 games, and only 1 own-goal conceded.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29999
deanotito wrote:
Damunk, as far as CE goes, I consider you a bro...so I go restrain myself. Go to page 3 and read my first comment. I only refer to the reaction to this match, which in my opinion was a disjointed performance.

I think Rohr has been good for the Eagles, has succeeded and deserves a contract renewal. But to come away from this match thinking we have arrived? That’s lunacy

The most successful Eagles coaches have won a medal at the ANC and gotten eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the WC, with the exception of 1998 and 2010, often gallantly. Rohr has done the same. He is definitely the most mature Eagles coach I have seen, and he had succeeded. But I am beyond that. I want WC quarter finals or semis. That team play against Lesotho is not quarter/semi final quality

Correction, won GOLD medal and made 2d round of WC...
Let's not begin to surreptitiously LOWER the bar for a WOWO pass. 8-)

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14040
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.

and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.

Incorrect...

In the second round group stage of the 2010 WC qualifiers...
SE topped its group with 5 wins in 5 games, and only 1 own-goal conceded.


What are u smoking ?

That was the year we qualified on the last day only because Tunisia failed to win on the road. Had they won we would have been out.

We came from behind to beat kenya 3-2.

I remember getting drunk that morning because I couldn't bare to watch the match sober.

Lots of hiccups that year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2836
Gotti wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Damunk, as far as CE goes, I consider you a bro...so I go restrain myself. Go to page 3 and read my first comment. I only refer to the reaction to this match, which in my opinion was a disjointed performance.

I think Rohr has been good for the Eagles, has succeeded and deserves a contract renewal. But to come away from this match thinking we have arrived? That’s lunacy

The most successful Eagles coaches have won a medal at the ANC and gotten eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round of the WC, with the exception of 1998 and 2010, often gallantly. Rohr has done the same. He is definitely the most mature Eagles coach I have seen, and he had succeeded. But I am beyond that. I want WC quarter finals or semis. That team play against Lesotho is not quarter/semi final quality

Correction, won GOLD medal and made 2d round of WC...
Let's not begin to surreptitiously LOWER the bar for a WOWO pass. 8-)

The only time we impressively made the 2d round of the WC was in '94 when we lost to Italy.. in 2014, we were very lucky (albeit in a controversial way considering how badly outplayed by Bosnia ) to make it past Bosnia... I believe that 2018 team played better football, and had more potential than the 2014 team... if only Rohr wasn't too cowardly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2836
vancity eagle wrote:
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.

and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.

Incorrect...

In the second round group stage of the 2010 WC qualifiers...
SE topped its group with 5 wins in 5 games, and only 1 own-goal conceded.


What are u smoking ?

That was the year we qualified on the last day only because Tunisia failed to win on the road. Had they won we would have been out.

We came from behind to beat kenya 3-2.

I remember getting drunk that morning because I couldn't bare to watch the match sober.

Lots of hiccups that year.

That was the peak era of heart-attack football and bigmanism, I see these kids play now and I feel more relaxed cause they are so cohesive, no matter how tense the game is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29999
Damunk wrote:
They will never acknowledge the significance and never even respond to that specific point.

I am pretty certain that if there was an AFC-specific ranking going back 3 years (ie, rankings based on all-Africa fixtures only), Nigeria would be no 1.
Winning routinely on the road has never been something I have associated with the Super Eagles in the past. It would happen occasionally but the default position was a narrow defeat or at best a draw.

Isn't it funny that the 1-1 draw vs Brazil is casually dismissed by the whingers as a "meaningless friendly", but the "meaningless non-friendly" vs Madagascar is held up as a 'sack-worthy' major catastrophe that Rohr put us through.

We complain when 'minnows' like Madagascar and Lesotho stand up to relative 'giants' like Nigeria ('giant' only because we won AFCON 6 whole years ago) but then bitterly complain when we fail to BEAT genuine giants Brazil in a friendly, or Argentina starring arguably the world's GOAT and his supporting cast in a World Cup knockout game.

Whinge and whine, whine and whinge.....these people need to learn to accept football for what it is and enjoy the moment when it is there to be enjoyed.
Because no nation is here to 'sell grannut' any more. :idea:

It's still isn't...

Just off the top of my head...
Recall away draws vs SA, Cameroon and Algeria.

We've beaten teams we "should" beat and that's some progress...
With the arguable exception of Zambia, that's been Lesotho, Seychelles and Libya.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29999
Tobi17 wrote:
The only time we impressively made the 2d round of the WC was in '94 when we lost to Italy.. in 2014, we were very lucky (albeit in a controversial way considering how badly outplayed by Bosnia ) to make it past Bosnia... I believe that 2018 team played better football, and had more potential than the 2014 team... if only Rohr wasn't too cowardly

Unfortunately, when I went back to re-check FIFA records....
There was NO asterisk or provision for "what Tobi17 believes". :lol:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 29999
vancity eagle wrote:
Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
FACT: SE has never been this good on the road or even in any AFrican qualifiers period since 1994.

and people are complaining. SMH it is obvious what is going on here and it is downright shameful.

Incorrect...

In the second round group stage of the 2010 WC qualifiers...
SE topped its group with 5 wins in 5 games, and only 1 own-goal conceded.

What are u smoking ?

That was the year we qualified on the last day only because Tunisia failed to win on the road. Had they won we would have been out.

We came from behind to beat kenya 3-2.

I remember getting drunk that morning because I couldn't bare to watch the match sober.

Lots of hiccups that year.

Dude, that referenced second round group stage served as the ANC qualifiers...

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3187
Dr enyeama resigned in 2015 after Oliseh debacle so idk what your mans is talking about. how can you stop someone from appearing at 2018 WC when he already retired in 2015? you claimed that he tried to bribe his way to SE world cup squad without Any Evidence, proof or Facts. that my friend is your "Lie"


Last edited by john12 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group