Osimhen on the way to greatness

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen on the way to greatness

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
ANC wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:He is still not strong enough though to play as a standalone targetman like say Romanu Lukaku, Olivier Giroud or Harry Kane. He has to develop the ability to hold off defenders with his back to goal, turn them and still get his shot away.

Ayo, I guess UK is the USA of Europe. :lol:

he is already quality above those two.
not UK, but UK CEs, i think they are very slow upstairs

I don't know about that. Damunk is pretty sharp upstairs...he is adept @ his sitting-on-the-fence job.

UK CE: English Division 2 > France ligue 1.
Its only with such mindset that one would wish Osimhen to be like Lukaku. :curse:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
kali wrote:Closest to Greatness:

- Chukwueze
- Aribo
- Iwobi
SE players with highest potentials
- Chukwueze
- Osimhen
- Ndidi
- Uzoho
I would add Joe Aribo and Samuel Kalu to that list.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Damunk wrote:
fishward6 wrote:He is one injury away from Oblivion he needs to be very careful or his career will be over! I pray not so but playing on with an injury?
Doesn't that apply to EVERY SINGLE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER ON THE PLANET?

So why do you feel you need to tell us this? :idea:
:rotf: My very thought.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

- Chukwueze
- Aribo
- Iwobi
- Chukwueze
- Osimhen
- Ndidi
- Uzoho
Do you know that Aribo is not a regular starter for Glasgow Rangers?
Kalu has potentials but I would put him in the same category as Ekong. Their ceiling IMO is international class and not world class. The 4 I mentioned have shown they can become world class. I hope Kalu surprises me.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

It seems almost inconceivable now, but prior to the tournament Rohr was criticised in many quarters for the move, but he says he was looking for a long-term successor to the retiring Odion Ighalo.

“We had the best goal scorer in the AFCON (Ighalo), he wanted to retire and we had to find a solution,” Rohr said.

“When I took Osimhen to the AFCON as part of the 23-man list, a lot of you (the media) were very critical, they asked why I didn’t take Kelechi for example.

“He learned a lot in the AFCON, watching, playing in the last match, seeing this very good goal scorer Ighalo, seeing (Ahmed) Musa, and now he is progressing.

“He’s in a good club, Lille in France and scoring a lot of goals, confidence is there and this good understanding with the other players is good for a center forward.”
https://guardian.ng/sport/osimhen-has-v ... says-rohr/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
It seems almost inconceivable now, but prior to the tournament Rohr was criticised in many quarters for the move, but he says he was looking for a long-term successor to the retiring Odion Ighalo.

“We had the best goal scorer in the AFCON (Ighalo), he wanted to retire and we had to find a solution,” Rohr said.

“When I took Osimhen to the AFCON as part of the 23-man list, a lot of you (the media) were very critical, they asked why I didn’t take Kelechi for example.

“He learned a lot in the AFCON, watching, playing in the last match, seeing this very good goal scorer Ighalo, seeing (Ahmed) Musa, and now he is progressing.

“He’s in a good club, Lille in France and scoring a lot of goals, confidence is there and this good understanding with the other players is good for a center forward.”
Ai tete m'ole....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:

Ai tete m'ole....
Are laughing @ Rohr or are you feeling vindicated as well?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:

Ai tete m'ole....
Are you laughing @ Rohr or are you feeling vindicated as well?
Last edited by ANC on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:

Ai tete m'ole....
Are laughing @ Rohr or are you feeling vindicated as well?
'Ai tete m'ole' no get English translation.
Dazz why you are axing me kweshon.
Get a Yoruba friend to explain. :taunt:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

:biggrin: Et tu, Damunk? Ain’t we friends?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote::biggrin: Et tu, Damunk? Ain’t we friends?
Oui, nous sommes amis - mais je ne te fais pas confiance mon ami! :taunt:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:

What Da F....?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:

Propaganda! History taught us that it was a powerful tool the Nazi's used against the jews and it was very effective. shameful!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:

What Da F....?
Nor be you say you wan yarn Faransé?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

- Chukwueze
- Aribo
- Iwobi
- Chukwueze
- Osimhen
- Ndidi
- Uzoho
Sometimes, you say some pretty alarming things.

World Class: Ndidi and Osimhen
Likely to get to World Class: Ekong, Aina
Really Good, but with ”K Leg”: Iwobi, Chukwueze, Ebuehi

That’s about it when it comes to the Eagles.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Osimhen on the way to greatness because of:
1. Attitude - hungry for goals
2. Work rate
3. Talent
http://www.naijiant.com/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

- Chukwueze
- Aribo
- Iwobi
- Chukwueze
- Osimhen
- Ndidi
- Uzoho

Maybe we alll need to come to some agreement on what defines 'World Class", because by my definition, both Ndidi and Osimhen might be on their way there but are not there yet. Same with Chukwueze and possibly Iwobi.
They're all in the same category as far as I'm concerned.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:

- Chukwueze
- Aribo
- Iwobi
- Chukwueze
- Osimhen
- Ndidi
- Uzoho

Maybe we alll need to come to some agreement on what defines 'World Class", because by my definition, both Ndidi and Osimhen might be on their way there but are not there yet. Same with Chukwueze and possibly Iwobi.
They're all in the same category as far as I'm concerned.
With respect to Ndidi and Osimhen, all they need is the validation a big time transfer would give, and then everybody will agree. Based on their play, they’re already there imo

On Chukwueze and Iwobi, I’m a bit more skeptical. It’s actually pretty difficult for a player to make a quantum leap. Chukwueze is consistently good but he needs a bit more sound decision making, which is hard for a player to get in short enough time before his body starts to give way.

Iwobi is more confounding. He’s just so inconsistent. And that is a hard problem to fix.

That’s why I don’t think they’ll ever be World Class.

But to me, Aina and Ekong are closer that we think. If they can up their concentration, and in the case of Aina, I think it will help if he commits to fullback over wingback.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

A li'l surprise for our boy.... :thumb:

[/video]
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
I like what he said about Chaleroi removing "shame from his eyes"
I think Nwakali needs a similar situation. To be so ashamed of his present situation, that when he gets on the pitch again, regardless of team, he plays like a man possessed. Osimhen is testimony that rising from the ashes is indeed possible.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote:^^^
I like what he said about Chaleroi removing "shame from his eyes"
I think Nwakali needs a similar situation. To be so ashamed of his present situation, that when he gets on the pitch again, regardless of team, he plays like a man possessed. Osimhen is testimony that rising from the ashes is indeed possible.
I missed that first time around.
But what do you think he was referring to?
Lack of confidence, maybe?
It can't be easy for these young boys and it is very touching to see the love in this short clip.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^
He was talking about the fact that a player who holds the record for most goals scored at an U-17 WC, and was pursued by top clubs around the world, at some point was clubless and "failing" trials at low level Belgian clubs. That can have a huge effect on self esteem and confidence. You can see his genuine gratitude to have been given the opportunity. He was truly at a crossroads in his career at that point.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?