10 teams I am not sure Nigeria has played before

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 10 teams I am not sure Nigeria has played before

Post by truetalk »

We've played Turkey. During Abacha & his D8 days.

Ayo, please don't go back to your threadinho days.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
iworo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Belgium
[2] Portugal
[3] Russia
[4] Wales
[5] Norway
[6] Poland
[7] Turkey
[8] New Zealand
[9] Chile
[10] Finland

[1] Why have I listed these teams? Because we have never faced them before, they have the potential to unleash threats we are not likely to expect

[2] If you were told that Semi Ajayi could be beaten in the air for a headed goal, you would have doubted it but alas, it happened in Maseru. Rohr needs to prepare his team for such eventualities

[3] Now, our next Nations Cup qualifer is not until August 31 2020. The good thing about that is that Uzoho will most likely be back in action by then

[4] Now Euro 2020 takes place between June 12 and July 12 and we must make the best use of it. In the run-up to the tournament, participants will be looking for opponents and the Eagles must squeeze in as many teams as possible

[5] Because of the unique format of Euro 2020, teams will not be travelling to one central location, so we should get a lot of invites to play matches in the far flung corners of Europe

[6] Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Poland, Turkey and Finland have all qualified for Euro 2020

[7] Fortunately, Brussels, St Petersburg and Cardiff are all cities hosting Euro 2020 and their national teams will be based there

[8] We do not want our players lying around all summer putting on weight. Two weeks camp before Euro 2020 will not harm them

[9] They can have a break during the tournament itself, although I personally would take them there as a team, so they can watch the matches together and learn from it as a team

[10] Sometimes, it is these minor details that make the difference between winning and losing.

12 Aug 1981 Norway v Nigeria 2-2 International Friendly

23 Mar 2018 Poland v Nigeria 0-1 International Friendly

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Norway/
https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Poland/
Where did we play Norway in 1981?

Date: August 12, 1981
Competition: Friendly
Venue: Oslo- Ullevaal Stadion
Norway 2-Nigeria 2 (Paal Jacobsen 18, Tom Lund 77 / Owolabi, Ogunlana)

Keshi made his official debut for Nigeria's Green Eagles against Norway in this friendly game in Oslo on August 12, 1981.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ANC wrote:You have played Poland
I have changed it with Northern Ireland. One of the luckiest matches we have ever played. They had a certain goal not given and that our penalty get as e be.
We have played Northern Ireland twice sef
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ayo, oya over to you, Sir! What's your next option, or alternative?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Anyone claiming we played a match should please provide the date, venue and score line. I do not think that is too much to ask.
I like this place (the Cybereagles Site). Now Ayo has countered.

Oya-oo, make una provide proof, odawise, hmm!

... and the proves has been provided. This is good!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Odas wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ANC wrote:You have played Poland
I have changed it with Northern Ireland. One of the luckiest matches we have ever played. They had a certain goal not given and that our penalty get as e be.
We have played Northern Ireland twice sef
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ayo, oya over to you, Sir! What's your next option, or alternative?
We have never played Northern Ireland before. We have played the Republic of Ireland thrice and I was at two of the games.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

iworo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
iworo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Belgium
[2] Portugal
[3] Russia
[4] Wales
[5] Norway
[6] Poland
[7] Turkey
[8] New Zealand
[9] Chile
[10] Finland

[1] Why have I listed these teams? Because we have never faced them before, they have the potential to unleash threats we are not likely to expect

[2] If you were told that Semi Ajayi could be beaten in the air for a headed goal, you would have doubted it but alas, it happened in Maseru. Rohr needs to prepare his team for such eventualities

[3] Now, our next Nations Cup qualifer is not until August 31 2020. The good thing about that is that Uzoho will most likely be back in action by then

[4] Now Euro 2020 takes place between June 12 and July 12 and we must make the best use of it. In the run-up to the tournament, participants will be looking for opponents and the Eagles must squeeze in as many teams as possible

[5] Because of the unique format of Euro 2020, teams will not be travelling to one central location, so we should get a lot of invites to play matches in the far flung corners of Europe

[6] Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Poland, Turkey and Finland have all qualified for Euro 2020

[7] Fortunately, Brussels, St Petersburg and Cardiff are all cities hosting Euro 2020 and their national teams will be based there

[8] We do not want our players lying around all summer putting on weight. Two weeks camp before Euro 2020 will not harm them

[9] They can have a break during the tournament itself, although I personally would take them there as a team, so they can watch the matches together and learn from it as a team

[10] Sometimes, it is these minor details that make the difference between winning and losing.

12 Aug 1981 Norway v Nigeria 2-2 International Friendly

23 Mar 2018 Poland v Nigeria 0-1 International Friendly

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Norway/
https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Poland/
Where did we play Norway in 1981?

Date: August 12, 1981
Competition: Friendly
Venue: Oslo- Ullevaal Stadion
Norway 2-Nigeria 2 (Paal Jacobsen 18, Tom Lund 77 / Owolabi, Ogunlana)

Keshi made his official debut for Nigeria's Green Eagles against Norway in this friendly game in Oslo on August 12, 1981.

I thought Keshi made his debut against Uganda in Benin. One of those matches we played in the run-up to that World Cup qualifier against Algeria.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Norway's All-time National Team Record (1908-2019)
http://www.rsssf.no/stats/AlltimeNational.html

Nigeria's International Matches (1955-2007)
http://www.rsssf.com/tablesn/nig-intres.html

Lists of Full Internationals of National Teams
http://www.rsssf.com/tablesl/landen-intres.html
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This guy calls himself a journalist. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.