10 teams I am not sure Nigeria has played before

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 teams I am not sure Nigeria has played before

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Belgium
[2] Portugal
[3] Russia
[4] Wales
[5] Norway
[6] Poland
[7] Turkey
[8] New Zealand
[9] Chile
[10] Finland

[1] Why have I listed these teams? Because we have never faced them before, they have the potential to unleash threats we are not likely to expect

[2] If you were told that Semi Ajayi could be beaten in the air for a headed goal, you would have doubted it but alas, it happened in Maseru. Rohr needs to prepare his team for such eventualities

[3] Now, our next Nations Cup qualifer is not until August 31 2020. The good thing about that is that Uzoho will most likely be back in action by then

[4] Now Euro 2020 takes place between June 12 and July 12 and we must make the best use of it. In the run-up to the tournament, participants will be looking for opponents and the Eagles must squeeze in as many teams as possible

[5] Because of the unique format of Euro 2020, teams will not be travelling to one central location, so we should get a lot of invites to play matches in the far flung corners of Europe

[6] Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Poland, Turkey and Finland have all qualified for Euro 2020

[7] Fortunately, Brussels, St Petersburg and Cardiff are all cities hosting Euro 2020 and their national teams will be based there

[8] We do not want our players lying around all summer putting on weight. Two weeks camp before Euro 2020 will not harm them

[9] They can have a break during the tournament itself, although I personally would take them there as a team, so they can watch the matches together and learn from it as a team

[10] Sometimes, it is these minor details that make the difference between winning and losing.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 teams I am not sure Nigeria has played before

Post by ANC »

You have played Poland
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ANC wrote:You have played Poland

No mind him, and it wasn't even that long ago.

He thinks our players will be doing nothing this comming summer but we are schedueled to play matchday 2 of WCQ.

But yes we will likely organize some friendlies as well
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I have changed it with Northern Ireland. One of the luckiest matches we have ever played. They had a certain goal not given and that our penalty get as e be.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I have changed it with Northern Ireland. One of the luckiest matches we have ever played. They had a certain goal not given and that our penalty get as e be.
We have played Northern Ireland twice sef
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes, I believe you have.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
When?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

we played Ireland Rep. I dont believe we have ever played Northern Ireland.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

I think we played Turkey too.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Norway too.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Anyone claiming we played a match should please provide the date, venue and score line. I do not think that is too much to ask.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Anyone claiming we played a match should please provide the date, venue and score line. I do not think that is too much to ask.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Belgium
[2] Portugal
[3] Russia
[4] Wales
[5] Norway
[6] Poland
[7] Turkey
[8] New Zealand
[9] Chile
[10] Finland

[1] Why have I listed these teams? Because we have never faced them before, they have the potential to unleash threats we are not likely to expect

[2] If you were told that Semi Ajayi could be beaten in the air for a headed goal, you would have doubted it but alas, it happened in Maseru. Rohr needs to prepare his team for such eventualities

[3] Now, our next Nations Cup qualifer is not until August 31 2020. The good thing about that is that Uzoho will most likely be back in action by then

[4] Now Euro 2020 takes place between June 12 and July 12 and we must make the best use of it. In the run-up to the tournament, participants will be looking for opponents and the Eagles must squeeze in as many teams as possible

[5] Because of the unique format of Euro 2020, teams will not be travelling to one central location, so we should get a lot of invites to play matches in the far flung corners of Europe

[6] Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Poland, Turkey and Finland have all qualified for Euro 2020

[7] Fortunately, Brussels, St Petersburg and Cardiff are all cities hosting Euro 2020 and their national teams will be based there

[8] We do not want our players lying around all summer putting on weight. Two weeks camp before Euro 2020 will not harm them

[9] They can have a break during the tournament itself, although I personally would take them there as a team, so they can watch the matches together and learn from it as a team

[10] Sometimes, it is these minor details that make the difference between winning and losing.

12 Aug 1981 Norway v Nigeria 2-2 International Friendly

23 Mar 2018 Poland v Nigeria 0-1 International Friendly

https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Norway/
https://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab ... on/Poland/
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Iworo, you beat me to it :thumb:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

WAyo, he’s probably preparing to write his nonsense column and doesn’t have the time to research the piece and come here to make other people do his job for him
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

vancity eagle wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We played Ireland 3 times.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We've played Turkey
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Tobi17 wrote:We've played Turkey
when?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We played Ireland 3 times.
That is Ireland, not Northern Ireland
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

iworo wrote:
[2] Portugal
[3] Russia
[4] Wales
[5] Norway
[6] Poland
[7] Turkey
[8] New Zealand
[9] Chile
[10] Finland

Where did we play Norway in 1981?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
iworo wrote:
[2] Portugal
[3] Russia
[4] Wales
[5] Norway
[6] Poland
[7] Turkey
[8] New Zealand
[9] Chile
[10] Finland

Where did we play Nowerway in 1981?
We played Norway and Iceland in 1981.
I am happy
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Why not add China and india while you are at it.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

kajifu wrote:Why not add China and india while you are at it.
We've played India o! Have you not heard of their talisman induced 49-0 victory over us that led to their being banned? :lol: :lol:
I am happy