Rohr explains decision to drop Omeruo for Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I guess its the same reason he played Collins and left Awaziem on the bench.

https://www.brila.net/rohr-explains-dec ... emi-ajayi/

Tunde Williams November 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Super Eagles chief coach, Gernot Rohr has opened up on his decision to play Semi Ajayi in central defence alongside Williams Troost-Ekong in Nigeria’s AFCON qualifying match against Lesotho on Sunday.

The West Bromwich Albion defender played his fourth consecutive game for Nigeria on Sunday as he paired Troost-Ekong in the heart of defence when Super Eagles romped to a 4-2 win against the Crocodiles.

Rohr however justified his decision by re-emphasizing that regular game time at club level determines who gets into his team.

“Semi is a good partner (for Troost-Ekong) but you know a team can change depending on what the players are doing in their clubs,”

“We had some players with injuries, they didn’t play so much, Musa was one of them, he was injured, Omeruo also had the same problem”.

“What we have is good competition for the starting positions.”

The 26-year old Ajayi has been a mainstay for the Baggies this season playing 16 times in all competitions meanwhile Omeruo has played four times in the last ten games for Leganes this season.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr explains decision to drop Omeruo for Semi Ajayi

Post by Robotnik »

If you are wondering why there is no response from CE, it's because it's old news.