Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 1:30 pm
Posts: 167
https://sportinglife.ng/lesothos-win-ou ... hr-admits/


“But we now know that the confidence they (Eagles) have because they play good football and when they play good football, you can have the goals and the goals are coming very nice; constructive goals and Osimhen is on the right way to be a good scorer and also not to forget players like Odion Ighalo."


“He (Osimhen) changed the second half. It is interesting to see a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Chukwueze as the twin strikers. So, the second half was better and this match is very important for the future.”


“I think Osimhen is on the way to becoming a very important player for us as he scored more goals and he gave also his second goal to his friend, Chukwueze.

So he (Osimhen) is working very well in France and I see him often playing and speaking with his coach. We know he still has lots of work to do to progress because he is young and he can do more."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13438
Location: USA
I guess this explains why Musa replaced Chukwueze and not Moses Simon. Rohr was looking for another striker to partner Osimhen in a 3-5-2.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13438
Location: USA
I guess this explains why Musa replaced Chukwueze and not Moses Simon. Rohr was looking for another striker to partner Osimhen in a 3-5-2.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 11156
The man really likes Odion Ighalo. Not sure why his name had to be brought up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm
Posts: 32836
Location: Rehab!
ANC wrote:
The man really likes Odion Ighalo. Not sure why his name had to be brought up.
Ighalo saved his job. I am very happy that he hasnt forgotten the hard work Ighalo put in to make things work for the SE.

:clap:

_________________
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote:
My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am
Posts: 1814
When kali kept saying 3-5-2 Rohr never listen.


viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295626&hilit=formation

He was too busy trying out 4-2-3-1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17686
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
deanotito wrote:
I guess this explains why Musa replaced Chukwueze and not Moses Simon. Rohr was looking for another striker to partner Osimhen in a 3-5-2.


Deanotito,

If you followed the game closely, the team made a switch to 3-5-2 in the second half with Chukwueze advanced.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9465
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:49 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40848
Location: UK
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 14405
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

_________________
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9051
If we had a choice of either Victor Moses or Odion Ighalo being recalled to the SE, which one would CEs prefer?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2840
Dammy wrote:
If we had a choice of either Victor Moses or Odion Ighalo being recalled to the SE, which one would CEs prefer?

Nah both are done, but if I had to choose.. Then it's definitely Ighalo(to provide depth and mentorship to Osimhen) , Victor Moses unfortunately plays in a position where he has long been rendered dispensable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3187
Definitely Victor moses that boy knows how to punish African defenses


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am
Posts: 477
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2840
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.

Kpom, Ihenacho has more talent and a higher ceiling than those players, Sadiq is the only one that seems ready to deputize Osimhen from that list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:54 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40848
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.

Kpom, Ihenacho has more talent and a higher ceiling than those players, Sadiq is the only one that seems ready to deputize Osimhen from that list.
I think the one word missing there is 'upgraded'.
The young Nacho we all saw and fell in love with at the U17 level has not upgraded to the full adult version.
He was the 'perfect provider' back then and in addition scored more than his fair share of goals himself.
That is the Nacho I agree would be the perfect partner for Osimhen who himself is an upgrade on the 2015 U17 goal machine we saw.
If only Nacho could do same.

I can't pretend to know what the problem is, but he needs to find it fast because time is running out.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9051
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.

Kpom, Ihenacho has more talent and a higher ceiling than those players, Sadiq is the only one that seems ready to deputize Osimhen from that list.
I think the one word missing there is 'upgraded'.
The young Nacho we all saw and fell in love with at the U17 level has not upgraded to the full adult version.
He was the 'perfect provider' back then and in addition scored more than his fair share of goals himself.
That is the Nacho I agree would be the perfect partner for Osimhen who himself is an upgrade on the 2015 U17 goal machine we saw.
If only Nacho could do same.

I can't pretend to know what the problem is, but he needs to find it fast because time is running out.

The best news for me is Nacho coming back to form. He has tools that no other Nigerian striker currently has.
Having him as back-up to Osimhen would be good news for Nigeria.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9051
john12 wrote:
Definitely Victor moses that boy knows how to punish African defenses

Is the Chukwueze, Kalu and Osimhen combo an upgrade on the Moses, Ighalo and Musa combo?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 11156
Dammy wrote:
john12 wrote:
Definitely Victor moses that boy knows how to punish African defenses

Is the Chukwueze, Kalu and Osimhen combo an upgrade on the Moses, Ighalo and Musa combo?



yes yes yes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 11156
Dammy wrote:
If we had a choice of either Victor Moses or Odion Ighalo being recalled to the SE, which one would CEs prefer?



Victor Moses as a wingback.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2243
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.


Onuachu scored this weekend.

Oh, and has been playing in the champions League this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am
Posts: 477
chief nfachairman wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.


Onuachu scored this weekend.

Oh, and has been playing in the champions League this season.

Good, I am happy for him, but a 25 year old scoring a few goals against Mouscron and Oostende is not overly impressive to me, nor is losing matches in the CL. He has some attributes that can be useful for SE and to a lot of smaller clubs, so he has the potential to stick around for a good while, but I'm not particularly interested in him as a top player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2243
olumide wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:

I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.


Onuachu scored this weekend.

Oh, and has been playing in the champions League this season.

Good, I am happy for him, but a 25 year old scoring a few goals against Mouscron and Oostende is not overly impressive to me, nor is losing matches in the CL. He has some attributes that can be useful for SE and to a lot of smaller clubs, so he has the potential to stick around for a good while, but I'm not particularly interested in him as a top player.


Anyway, it's better to be functional in the top level like Onuachu, than "disfunctional" in the same top level


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group