Rohr on good football and 3-5-2 formation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Rohr on good football and 3-5-2 formation

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

https://sportinglife.ng/lesothos-win-ou ... hr-admits/

“But we now know that the confidence they (Eagles) have because they play good football and when they play good football, you can have the goals and the goals are coming very nice; constructive goals and Osimhen is on the right way to be a good scorer and also not to forget players like Odion Ighalo."

“He (Osimhen) changed the second half. It is interesting to see a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Chukwueze as the twin strikers. So, the second half was better and this match is very important for the future.”

“I think Osimhen is on the way to becoming a very important player for us as he scored more goals and he gave also his second goal to his friend, Chukwueze.

So he (Osimhen) is working very well in France and I see him often playing and speaking with his coach. We know he still has lots of work to do to progress because he is young and he can do more."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr on good football and 3-5-2 formation

Post by deanotito »

I guess this explains why Musa replaced Chukwueze and not Moses Simon. Rohr was looking for another striker to partner Osimhen in a 3-5-2.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I guess this explains why Musa replaced Chukwueze and not Moses Simon. Rohr was looking for another striker to partner Osimhen in a 3-5-2.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

The man really likes Odion Ighalo. Not sure why his name had to be brought up.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

ANC wrote:The man really likes Odion Ighalo. Not sure why his name had to be brought up.
Ighalo saved his job. I am very happy that he hasnt forgotten the hard work Ighalo put in to make things work for the SE.

:clap:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

When kali kept saying 3-5-2 Rohr never listen.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295626&hilit=formation

He was too busy trying out 4-2-3-1
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:I guess this explains why Musa replaced Chukwueze and not Moses Simon. Rohr was looking for another striker to partner Osimhen in a 3-5-2.
Deanotito,

If you followed the game closely, the team made a switch to 3-5-2 in the second half with Chukwueze advanced.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:Hmm. I want a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If we had a choice of either Victor Moses or Odion Ighalo being recalled to the SE, which one would CEs prefer?
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:If we had a choice of either Victor Moses or Odion Ighalo being recalled to the SE, which one would CEs prefer?
Nah both are done, but if I had to choose.. Then it's definitely Ighalo(to provide depth and mentorship to Osimhen) , Victor Moses unfortunately plays in a position where he has long been rendered dispensable.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Definitely Victor moses that boy knows how to punish African defenses
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
There are so many players that should be ahead of Iheanacho at the moment its crazy to even mention his name. :mrgreen:
I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
I think a confident, fit version of Iheanacho would be a perfect foil to Osimhen, but he has to earn the call-up first. It's there for him. The players you listed are all underachieving or MIA as well and the likes of Onuachu, etc. are just functional players at the top level, nothing more really.
Kpom, Ihenacho has more talent and a higher ceiling than those players, Sadiq is the only one that seems ready to deputize Osimhen from that list.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
Kpom, Ihenacho has more talent and a higher ceiling than those players, Sadiq is the only one that seems ready to deputize Osimhen from that list.
I think the one word missing there is 'upgraded'.
The young Nacho we all saw and fell in love with at the U17 level has not upgraded to the full adult version.
He was the 'perfect provider' back then and in addition scored more than his fair share of goals himself.
That is the Nacho I agree would be the perfect partner for Osimhen who himself is an upgrade on the 2015 U17 goal machine we saw.
If only Nacho could do same.

I can't pretend to know what the problem is, but he needs to find it fast because time is running out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
I think the one word missing there is 'upgraded'.
The young Nacho we all saw and fell in love with at the U17 level has not upgraded to the full adult version.
He was the 'perfect provider' back then and in addition scored more than his fair share of goals himself.
That is the Nacho I agree would be the perfect partner for Osimhen who himself is an upgrade on the 2015 U17 goal machine we saw.
If only Nacho could do same.

I can't pretend to know what the problem is, but he needs to find it fast because time is running out.
The best news for me is Nacho coming back to form. He has tools that no other Nigerian striker currently has.
Having him as back-up to Osimhen would be good news for Nigeria.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

john12 wrote:Definitely Victor moses that boy knows how to punish African defenses
Is the Chukwueze, Kalu and Osimhen combo an upgrade on the Moses, Ighalo and Musa combo?
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Dammy wrote:
john12 wrote:Definitely Victor moses that boy knows how to punish African defenses
Is the Chukwueze, Kalu and Osimhen combo an upgrade on the Moses, Ighalo and Musa combo?

yes yes yes
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Dammy wrote:If we had a choice of either Victor Moses or Odion Ighalo being recalled to the SE, which one would CEs prefer?

Victor Moses as a wingback.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.
Onuachu scored this weekend.

Oh, and has been playing in the champions League this season.
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

chief nfachairman wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

Good, I am happy for him, but a 25 year old scoring a few goals against Mouscron and Oostende is not overly impressive to me, nor is losing matches in the CL. He has some attributes that can be useful for SE and to a lot of smaller clubs, so he has the potential to stick around for a good while, but I'm not particularly interested in him as a top player.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

olumide wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
olumide wrote:
Cito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Why him?
Why not Isaac Success?
Or Awoniyi?
Or Sadiq?
Or Onyekuru?

Just curious.

Good, I am happy for him, but a 25 year old scoring a few goals against Mouscron and Oostende is not overly impressive to me, nor is losing matches in the CL. He has some attributes that can be useful for SE and to a lot of smaller clubs, so he has the potential to stick around for a good while, but I'm not particularly interested in him as a top player.
Anyway, it's better to be functional in the top level like Onuachu, than "disfunctional" in the same top level