With Pochettino sacked, Ebere's more to Spurs is in danger

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
With Pochettino sacked, Ebere's more to Spurs is in danger

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Spurs' plans to buy Ebere Eze during January transfer window under threat as Mourinho replaces sacked Pochettino - See more at: https://bit.ly/2O6uCAm

Interesting times but come what may, Nigeria needs to get this boy capped whatever it takes as we have no playmaker at the moment. It is the missing link in our Eagles, with Nwakali refusing to come through and Iwobi simply not talented enough for the role.

Over the last week, I have been watching the Euro 2020 qualifiers closely and when you see how the likes of Eden Hazard, Aaron Ramsey and Antoine Griezmann carry their teams, it is easy to see where out problems lie.

Whether Jose will buy and develop this boy remains to be seen but maybe a stunt at a lesser club may not be a bad idea. Whatever happens, I expect Spurs to be no more than a stop gap, as they are never going to be a long term, silverware winning club that will attract the best players. The only way you will get say the Uefa Champions league trophy in north London is to merge the two clubs there and form a North London United.

If we can get everybody fit, maybe this team might just be ready for Qatar 2022:

**********************Osimhen**********************

*********Kalu*******************Chukwueze*******

************************Ebere***********************

*************Ndidi*****************Aribo************

***Aina********Ajayi********Ekong******Ebuehi***

**************************Uzoho**********************

Subs
Okoye
Jinadu
Iorfa
Collins
Omeruo
Awaziem
Etebo
Azeez
Iwobi
Moses
Onyekuru
Bonaventure
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: With Pochettino sacked, Ebere's more to Spurs is in dang

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mods, wake up and sagalo this scratching to world football. Eze is an English player that play for England not Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Mods, wake up and sagalo this scratching to world football. Eze is an English player that play for England not Nigeria.

Have you ever heard of the Fifa switch?

Ola Aina
Victor Moses
Shola Ameobi
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods move this thread to world forum...this is getting ridiculous so many Pochetino threads...this is pathetic, the Exe guy played for England vs Holland yesterday
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Spurs' plans to buy Ebere Eze during January transfer window under threat as Mourinho replaces sacked Pochettino - See more at: https://bit.ly/2O6uCAm

Interesting times but come what may, Nigeria needs to get this boy capped whatever it takes as we have no playmaker at the moment. It is the missing link in our Eagles, with Nwakali refusing to come through and Iwobi simply not talented enough for the role.

Over the last week, I have been watching the Euro 2020 qualifiers closely and when you see how the likes of Eden Hazard, Aaron Ramsey and Antoine Griezmann carry their teams, it is easy to see where out problems lie.

Whether Jose will buy and develop this boy remains to be seen but maybe a stunt at a lesser club may not be a bad idea. Whatever happens, I expect Spurs to be no more than a stop gap, as they are never going to be a long term, silverware winning club that will attract the best players. The only way you will get say the Uefa Champions league trophy in north London is to merge the two clubs there and form a North London United.

If we can get everybody fit, maybe this team might just be ready for Qatar 2022:

**********************Osimhen**********************

*********Kalu*******************Chukwueze*******

************************Ebere***********************

*************Ndidi*****************Aribo************

***Aina********Ajayi********Ekong******Ebuehi***

**************************Uzoho**********************

Subs
Okoye
Jinadu
Iorfa
Collins
Omeruo
Awaziem
Etebo
Azeez
Iwobi
Moses
Onyekuru
Bonaventure

How does this concern us? why don't you focus on nigeria born players doing well in europe like Chidera Ejuku? Ebere is english , just like Abraham is english.

We got Osimhem and Chidera to hell with the others
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It seems as Ebere was holding out for a Premier League move so that he could attract the attention of England, if he has to spend another season or two in the Championship he’ll give up on an England cap, the problem will be that if Nigeria qualify to the World Cup he’d want to raise his profile by playing in such an esteemed competition so that he can join a bigger club and if that’s the case he can wait until after the next World Cup!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:It seems as Ebere was holding out for a Premier League move so that he could attract the attention of England, if he has to spend another season or two in the Championship he’ll give up on an England cap, the problem will be that if Nigeria qualify to the World Cup he’d want to raise his profile by playing in such an esteemed competition so that he can join a bigger club and if that’s the case he can wait until after the next World Cup!

Remember Shola Ameobi? He did that too.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Meanwhile, is England going to pick Eze ahead of Alli, Barkley (Both Naija boys), Mount, Winks, Rice, Loftus-Cheek and Delph?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Ayo, please focus on advancing the Super Eagles through those who want to play for Nigeria. That includes not putting in your fantasy team players whom we don't have. As much as there are excellent talents raised abroad, it is only when the SE is really doing well, and we have facilities and a productive local league that these talents can mean the most. Because then they would come--if they do--to a team where they have to earn a shirt rather than being begged to come and get one.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Polly wrote:Ayo, please focus on advancing the Super Eagles through those who want to play for Nigeria. That includes not putting in your fantasy team players whom we don't have. As much as there are excellent talents raised abroad, it is only when the SE is really doing well, and we have facilities and a productive local league that these talents can mean the most. Because then they would come--if they do--to a team where they have to earn a shirt rather than being begged to come and get one.

I would love it if our Golden Eaglets, Flying eagles, Enyimba, Wikki Tourists or Kano Pillars produced a playmaker but the reality is that none of them have, so we have to deal with the hand that we are dealt. We have to live in the world as it is, not as we wish it would be.

Unless any players suddenly emerges, the reality is that at the moment, there are only three candidates for Super eagles playmaker - Alex Iwobi, Ebere Eze and Kelechi Nwakali. Given current form, I would go for Ebere and move every mountain to secure his services!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I heard that 3 player FIFA nationality switches should be done by the next FIFA window in March 2020, to enable the players to represent Nigeria.
2 are currently playing in the Bundesliga, a full back and wide attacker, and a midfielder in the English championship.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:I heard that 3 player FIFA nationality switches should be done by the next FIFA window in March 2020, to enable the players to represent Nigeria.
2 are currently playing in the Bundesliga, a full back and wide attacker, and a midfielder in the English championship.
Bundesliga - Ademola Lookman and Ehibizue?
Midfielder in English Div 2- Ebere or Ejaria... most likely Ejaria since Ebere's nationality switch process will take a tad longer time now.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
Dammy wrote:I heard that 3 player FIFA nationality switches should be done by the next FIFA window in March 2020, to enable the players to represent Nigeria.
Midfielder in English Div 2- Ebere or Ejaria... most likely Ejaria since Ebere's nationality switch process will take a tad longer time now.
Correct on all counts!
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

If the comments on Kingsley Ehizibue are accurate (and that is a 'big' if), then that would be the missing piece in our defense. To me, he is the pick of the litter regarding new entrants to the team.

Feel sorry for the likes of Akpoguma, Torunariga and Felix Udokhai. They would likely find themselves on the outside looking in, regarding their respective (or prospective) international careers.

Regarding the midfielder, for me, its a toss up between Ebere and Ejaria. Either one of them is fine - I don't see either of them being a walk in into this current SE squad. Lookman will also be a good backup to have on the flanks (considering Musa 'might' be looking at retiring, per his statement to the press).
Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Correct on all counts!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Otitokoro wrote:If the comments on Kingsley Ehizibue are accurate (and that is a 'big' if), then that would be the missing piece in our defense. To me, he is the pick of the litter regarding new entrants to the team.

Feel sorry for the likes of Akpoguma, Torunariga and Felix Udokhai. They would likely find themselves on the outside looking in, regarding their respective (or prospective) international careers.

Regarding the midfielder, for me, its a toss up between Ebere and Ejaria. Either one of them is fine - I don't see either of them being a walk in into this current SE squad. Lookman will also be a good backup to have on the flanks (considering Musa 'might' be looking at retiring, per his statement to the press).
Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Correct on all counts!

If we can get at least 1 of those German boys to play for us we will be set. They would be a replacement for Leon Balogun and make up for Tomori choosing England over us. Hopefully they will jump ship after being overlooked at EURO 2020.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yeah that move is off unless he can play DM.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I'm reasonably certain Mourinho/Tottenham makes a bid for Osimhen
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:I'm reasonably certain Mourinho/Tottenham makes a bid for Osimhen
They already have Harry Kane!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:I'm reasonably certain Mourinho/Tottenham makes a bid for Osimhen
They already have Harry Kane!
So?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:It seems as Ebere was holding out for a Premier League move so that he could attract the attention of England, if he has to spend another season or two in the Championship he’ll give up on an England cap, the problem will be that if Nigeria qualify to the World Cup he’d want to raise his profile by playing in such an esteemed competition so that he can join a bigger club and if that’s the case he can wait until after the next World Cup!

Remember Shola Ameobi? He did that too.
And Nigeria fell for it, they should’ve seen if he was ready to play for Nigeria after the tournament now that would show commitment!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Fastest Bundesliga Player on Record

Post by Otitokoro »

Interesting statistic:
[/video]
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Otitokoro wrote:If the comments on Kingsley Ehizibue are accurate (and that is a 'big' if), then that would be the missing piece in our defense. To me, he is the pick of the litter regarding new entrants to the team.

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Correct on all counts!
Can you imagine Ehizibue and Chukwueze operating from the right for the SE? They would tear defenders a new one!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Correct on all counts!

where did you hear this ?