Ahmed Musa: Nigeria captain plans to sponsor 100 students

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Ahmed Musa: Nigeria captain plans to sponsor 100 students

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50504949
Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa has announced he will be sponsoring 100 students at a university in the Nigerian city of Kano.

Musa has made the gesture to mark his ambassadorial role for the Skyline University.

Despite its size Kano and being the commercial centre of northern Nigeria there is a real lack of opportunity for education, which many simply cannot afford.

On social media, the former Kano Pillars forward said the sponsorship is designed to "promote this vision of becoming anything you want to be in life as long as you can dream it.

"So, I am pleased to let you know that I would be sponsoring 100 students at this university. Yes! 100. Details to follow shortly."

It is the latest charitable gesture the 27-year-old has made in the city and across the region.

During his summer breaks he regularly donates food, mattresses as well as making financial contributions.

He follows in the footsteps of former Nigeria captain Joseph Yobo who handed out 300 educational scholarship awards to students in the country's Niger Delta region back in 2007.

They are not the only football stars doing charitable work, including the likes of Ikechukwu Uche, Peter Odemwingie, Wilfred Ndidi and Odion Ighalo.

In 2017 Ighalo the top scorer at the recent Africa Cup of Nations, built an orphanage to cater for children in his country.

The Ighalo Orphanage Home in Ijegun, in island suburb north of Lagos reportedly cost the striker, who used to play for Watford in the English Premier League but is now at Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua, US$1.4 million .

It houses between 30 to 40 children and has separate apartments for boys and girls.

They take abandoned babies and pledge to look after them - with the approval of the state authority - until they reach 18, teaching academic studies and sports.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ahmed Musa: Nigeria captain plans to sponsor 100 student

Post by Damunk »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
To all of them.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

These are real people, all of them.
God bless them.
Sadio Mane: Why would I want 10 Ferraris and 20 diamond watches?
The Liverpool player prefers to give money to charity than to live lavishly

17/10/2019
Upd. on 18/10/2019 at 12:52 CEST

Alex Muñoz

Sadio Mane is not your typical 27-year-old football megastar. The Liverpool man explained why he does so much charity work in an interview with nsemwoha.com.

"Why would I want ten Ferraris, twenty diamond watches, or two planes? What will these objects do for me and for the world?” said the Senegalese winger.

"I was hungry, and I had to work in the field; I survived hard times, played football barefoot, I did not have an education and many other things, but today with what I win thanks to football, I can help my people.

"I built schools, a stadium, we provide clothes, shoes, food for people who are in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people in a very poor region of Senegal which contributes to their family economy.

"I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread is about Musa and other SE's. Buttttt no trust the king of derailing threads to input another foreigner into the topic....what's stops you from creating a separate thread?This is about the SE , we have a world forum
SuperEagles

Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This thread is about Musa and other SE's. Buttttt no trust the king of derailing threads to input another foreigner into the topic....what's stops you from creating a separate thread?This is about the SE , we have a world forum
Person contribute to your thread, you yab. Person no contribute you yab am for another thread. Person take style add jara to your thread, you go still yab. Na wetin this bobo do you? Na wa for you o ... :)
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Abbey wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:This thread is about Musa and other SE's. Buttttt no trust the king of derailing threads to input another foreigner into the topic....what's stops you from creating a separate thread?This is about the SE , we have a world forum
Person contribute to your thread, you yab. Person no contribute you yab am for another thread. Person take style add jara to your thread, you go still yab. Na wetin this bobo do you? Na wa for you o ... :)
the bobo nah fence sitter plus king of derailing threads
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Abbey wrote:
Don't worry, he's my official CE stalker.
But he has nothing to offer that I'm interested in. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When I say you are so fake and lack any common knowledge, you go dey vex...you do know you are the real stalker, this thread was opened by bigpokey, you intentionally came here to derail it.....then you claim you are being stalked...oh my
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:When I say you are so fake and lack any common knowledge, you go dey vex...you do know you are the real stalker, this thread was opened by bigpokey, you intentionally came here to derail it.....then you claim you are being stalked...oh my
Oh!!!???
Na you open the thread?
I coulda sworn it was someone with more sense! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: