Akpeyi is too old for the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Akpeyi is too old for the SE

Post by Bigpokey24 »

33 year old Mikel retired, to give way for the youngings, 30 year old Ighalo retired to give way for the likes of Osimhen and hopefully Kele when he gets to playing again ..however 33 year old Akpeyi who will be 35 in the next AFCOn and 37 in the next worldcup is still getting sele in our SE.

Now for 4 years as manager, **** has no replacement for this akpeteshi? so **** cannot scout for goalies?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpeyi is too old for the SE

Post by bret- hart »

Austin Ejide should have been invited. Dude is by far the most experienced gk.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:Austin Ejide should have been invited. Dude is by far the most experienced gk.
Ejide should be in his early 40s now

[/video]
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:33 year old Mikel retired, to give way for the youngings, 30 year old Ighalo retired to give way for the likes of Osimhen and hopefully Kele when he gets to playing again ..however 33 year old Akpeyi who will be 35 in the next AFCOn and 37 in the next worldcup is still getting sele in our SE.

Now for 4 years as manager, **** has no replacement for this akpeteshi? so **** cannot scout for goalies?
Like you, I am not a fan of Akpere but dude is in the best form of any of the available keepers.

I hope he comes into camp confident and in games very assured.

Na only hope I get o...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:33 year old Mikel retired, to give way for the youngings, 30 year old Ighalo retired to give way for the likes of Osimhen and hopefully Kele when he gets to playing again ..however 33 year old Akpeyi who will be 35 in the next AFCOn and 37 in the next worldcup is still getting sele in our SE.

Like you, I am not a fan of Akpere but dude is in the best form of any of the available keepers.

Na only hope I get o...
best form vs trash lower league players in the SA league :roll:
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Na only hope I get o...
So, do you prefer we put a backman back there?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Na only hope I get o...
there is a goalie in Enyimba
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Na only hope I get o...
there is a goalie in Enyimba
The guy way chop goals for WAFU cup against mighty Togo?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Pokey, top goalies can still play well into early 40’s. Key word here is ‘top’. :P
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I don’t know what it is but when I see that bobo I just get angry at the sight of him. He always looks
Scared and has this ....... stupid expression on his face
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Please name your top 5 Nigerian goalies that deserve a look in...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Austin Ejide should have been invited. Dude is by far the most experienced gk.
Ejide should be in his early 40s now

[/video]
And because of what was witnessed against Scotland that evening in Cravens Cottage it’s best not to invite such a player ever again!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

It was pretty obvious what he did there. Ejide has been in good form, he even made team of the week in Isreal! But still I won't advise inviting such a person.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I wish Akpeyi well in Uyo on November 13th. If he screws up,....Oh boy!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:I don’t know what it is but when I see that bobo I just get angry at the sight of him. He always looks
Scared and has this ....... stupid expression on his face
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Which 'bobo' are you referring to?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:I wish Akpeyi well in Uyo on November 13th. If he screws up,....Oh boy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Obong, I am usually neutral about Akpeyi, but after what he did to me (us) at the last AFCON - literally the 'last shot' against Algeria - I don't want to see his name again among the invited list of players. However, I am NOT the coach, so ... he might be better than many of us thinks of him
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, Akpeyi turned out the HERO in the first Soweto Derby of the season played on Saturday...
Saving 2 PKs in Kaizer Chiefs’ penalty shootout victory over Orlando Pirates in the Telkom Knockout semi-finally.

Picture Credit: Kickoff.com
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:Meanwhile, Akpeyi turned out the HERO in the first Soweto Derby of the season played on Saturday...
Saving 2 PKs in Kaizer Chiefs’ penalty shootout victory over Orlando Pirates in the Telkom Knockout semi-finally.
[/video]
Wow.
See atmosphere!
I actually enjoyed watching this! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

After watching those highlights we are in big trouble with Akpeyi, kai the first 7 mins I had my head in shame knowing this is what **** has given us as our goalie
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:After watching those highlights we are in big trouble with Akpeyi, kai the first 7 mins I had my head in shame knowing this is what **** has given us as our goalie
Porky my good friend....
It is what your country has given you. :idea:
If you have better ideas, share.
Or try the position yourself.
That your fat belly will stop a few goal-bound shots for sure. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the flapping of crosses by Akpeyi was legendary, then the simple back pass they gave him, my goodness, he made a woeful pass and should have been sent off.... ...talkless of how slow his reflexes were when letting in the first goal... With this guy in goal we aren't moving forward. Going far back as the AFCON qualifiers when we lost to Egypt , he was at fault, the guy has issues getting back up
SuperEagles

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Great atmosphere but the referee uniforms? Kai!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Dino Zoff was 40 and Captain of La Squaddra Azura when they won the WC in Espagna '82. If the boy is still fit, he should continue. Abega Theophile (rip) was 34 when he started his professional career in France.

Cheers!!!