Let Wenger & Ferguson be a cue to those wanting Rohr out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Let Wenger & Ferguson be a cue to those wanting Rohr out

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I hope all those wanting Gernot Rohr out can see what has happened at Manchester United and Arsenal
[2] Once upon a time, the fight for the Premier league title was a straight fight between these two clubs
[3] That was because their managers Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson moulded championship winning teams
[4] These days, nobody even watches Man United vs Arsenal
[5] I do not believe there is one person who thinks the two will qualify for next year's Champions League
[6] Can anyone realistically mention Man United and Arsenal in the same breath as Liverpool and Man City today?
[7] Even Leicester City and Chelsea are two classes above both teams
[8] Why have Man U and Arsenal fallen from grass to grace? Because they are suffering from the usual downturn that always happens when a successful manager leaves
[9] After Westerhoff and Bonfere left the Super Eagles, it took us up until 2013 to win anything as we kept changing managers, each one being worse than the previous one
[10] If Gernot Rohr's contract is not renewed, I can see the Super Eagles going through what Arsenal and Man U are currently going through. Do we really want to spend the next 15 years in the wilderness?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Let Wenger & Ferguson be a cue to those wanting Rohr out

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I hope all those wanting Gernot Rohr out can see what has happened at Manchester United and Arsenal
[2] Once upon a time, the fight for the Premier league title was a straight fight between these two clubs
[3] That was because their managers Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson moulded championship winning teams
[5] I do not believe there is one person who thinks the two will qualify for next year's Champions League
[6] Can anyone realistically mention Man United and Arsenal in the same breath as Liverpool and Man City today?
[8] Why have Man U and Arsenal fallen from grass to grace? Because they are suffering from the usual downturn that always happens when a successful manager leaves
[9] After Westerhoff and Bonfere left the Super Eagles, it took us up until 2013 to win anything as we kept changing managers, each one being worse than the previous one
[10] If Gernot Rohr's contract is not renewed, I can see the Super Eagles going through what Arsenal and Man U are currently going through. Do we really want to spend the next 15 years in the wilderness?
:clap: your most sensible post in a while, dem no dey listen... we want instant gratification, we want to play pretty football, we want to beat the likes of Lesotho by 10 unreplied goals, we want we want... yet we have done nothing in terms of putting in the work to get those fancy expectations...I definitely see us going the Arsenal route soon...
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ayo comparing Sir Alex and "Venger" to Rohr. PLEASE

First, Wenger won trophies and so did Sir Alex.
The evidence of genius was apparent even to the blind...in the first few seasons at Arsenal.
Wake us up when Rohr wins something or plays a decent football.

Note:
Pre-Venger, EPL was unwatchable.
Venger forced EPL to play modern football.

What has rohr done besides playing disjointed football and conceding cheap goals?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Not even the same situation.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ANC wrote:Ayo comparing Sir Alex and "Venger" to Rohr. PLEASE

The evidence of genius was apparent even to the blind...in the first few seasons at Arsenal.

Note:

What has rohr done besides playing disjointed football and conceding cheap goals?
ANC, I know you understand what Ayo is saying.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I hope all those wanting Gernot Rohr out can see what has happened at Manchester United and Arsenal
Just like we stopped qualifying for the WC and stopped winning ANCs regularly after Westerhoff?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not for 100K per month. Absolutely not.

Hire Amuneke, give him a good backroom staff.

Please don't insult Wenger and Ferguson. Both managers are legends and have won many trophies. Rohr hasn't won anything.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Note:

How long did it take Alex Ferguson to win the league at Man United?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Note:

Rohr is 66.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Note:

Rohr is 66.
Do you know that Raymond Goethals was 71 years old when he won the Uefa Champions League with Olympique de Marseille in 1992/93.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I really fear for SE, should these crooks not renew Rohr's contract.

You have a very good house, and you are not satisfied and want to just tear it down.

For what now ?

eeeeeediots
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Give the job to Amuneke. Give him a good back room staff. Amuneke has paid his dues like Keshi. Success with a lower ranked African team(Tanzania). Success at the U17 level that produced players like Osimhen, Chukwuze and co.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ayo you're usually a comedian but on this decisions, you make sense. what our coach represents is deeper than football that's why they want him out. we have seen u17,20.23 all handled by local coaches and how selection was corrupt that's what they want at SE. rohr is stopping these Criminals from profiting Money that's why they're offended and want him out. ANC, I guess bronze at first try isnt a medal?
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Did someone stole Ayo’s handle? First time I applaud his post
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Personally, I think Rohr is a good coach and would love to see him continue. I would only be in support of firing Rohr if the NFF truly has a better alternative lined up, which I don't think is the case.

If Rohr is fired, NFF will probably take the next 6 months to a year to find a replacement. I also don't think our NFF officials are honest, professional, or competent enough to attract a high caliber foreign coach if that's the target.

The other local choices being touted don't inspire me with confidence.

Oliseh is knowledgeable but his temperament is questionable. Amuneke may be good but he doesn't have that much experience at the senior level. Other ex Internationals that are coaching abroad don't have that much experience at the senior level too.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

**** will be 67 next year...only confused folks will still keep a prehistoric coach ..smh..in the USA , **** can start collecting social security benefits...whereas naija wan give am 4 more years :rotf: chei...nah loud speaker **** go begin give instructions for touchline
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:

Note:

ANC, I know you understand what Ayo is saying.
They all understand what he is saying but prefer to misread his position, shifting the context by saying he is "comparing" Rohr to SAF and Wenger.
That's what we will now be debating.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is it our educational system, plain mischief or the Nigerian's total refusal to concede that there is another legitimate side to a position other than their own?

Ayo's argument is clear, makes logical sense and cannot be countered by simply saying "Rohr cannot be compared to SAF" or similar spurious points.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
:clap: your most sensible post in a while, dem no dey listen... we want instant gratification, we want to play pretty football, we want to beat the likes of Lesotho by 10 unreplied goals, we want we want... yet we have done nothing in terms of putting in the work to get those fancy expectations...I definitely see us going the Arsenal route soon...
Very well said, the both of you.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let us see them dance their disjointed Rohrophobia dance in response. :lol: :lol: :lol:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohrbots in full force....
Rohr record with the national teams coached, from the most recent before SE, in that order.

Before Rohr (BR), During Rohr (DR) and After Rohr(AR)

BR took charge of Burkina Faso national in 2015, the Burkinabes got to the final of Afcon 2013 with these results: Runners-up (P)6 (W)2 (D)3 (L)1 (GF)7 (GA)3.

(DR) Burkinabes 2015 AfCon Group stage 16th (P)3 (W)0 (D)1 (L)2 (GF)1 (GA)4. from 2nd to 16th

(AR) Burkinabes 2017 AfCon Third place 3rd (P)6 (W)3 (D)3 (0) (GF)8 (GA)3 from 16th to 3rd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burkina_F ... tball_team

Niger national team: (BR) No AfCon qualification.

(DR) Two AfCon qualifications: 2012 15th (P)3 (W)0 (D)0 (L)3 (GF)1 (GA)5

2013 15th (P)3 (W)0 (D)1 (L)2 (GF)0 (GA)4

(AR) Didn´t qualify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_nat ... tball_team

Gabon national team: (BR) best AfCon result was QF

(DR) QF. Position 5th (P)4 (W)3 (D)1 (L)0 (GF)7 (GA)3

(AR): Same as (BR) no QF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabon_nat ... ons_record
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chai! Fabio you don suffer! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are now forced to use Burkina Faso and Niger Republic to make your anti-Rohr case in Nigeria?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

U don't think this is coming at least 2years too late? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Chai! Fabio you don suffer! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are now forced to use Burkina Faso and Niger Republic to make your anti-Rohr case in Nigeria?

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
CP Scott, former editor of the Manchester Guardian
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:Give the job to Amuneke. Give him a good back room staff. Amuneke has paid his dues like Keshi. Success with a lower ranked African team(Tanzania). Success at the U17 level that produced players like Osimhen, Chukwuze and co.

Hang on a minute:

Senegal 2–0 Tanzania
Kenya 3–2 Tanzania
Tanzania 0–3 Algeria

Now if I am correct, Tanzania ended the last Nations Cup with zero points from three matches. They scored two goals and conceded eight, yet you are somehow trying to present Ammunike as an upgrade on Rohr?????

I can understand that Tanzania is a weaker team but hey, you people always quote Gabon and Niger Republic when you want to bash Rohr. By the way, whatever problems Tanzania had, it is unacceptable to lose to a group of marathon runners. This is the great Taifa Stars of Yuma Pondamali, Charles Boniface and Mohammed Salin who drew 1-1 with us at the National Stadium.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Chai! Fabio you don suffer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
CP Scott, former editor of the Manchester Guardian
Facts are indeed sacred. :D
Can you therefore give us the 'P-W-D-L facts' of Rohr's term so far in Nigeria?

If you can be bothered, kindly compare it to Keshi's and Oliseh's and Amodu's records.
First 30 games would suffice please. :D