Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 20784
Location: Cyberspace

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 46038
Oh lawd! Here we go again.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am
Posts: 8568
When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.

_________________
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 11156
ogasir wrote:
When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.



:lol:

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.
I rate Kanu ahead of him 24/7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 25000
When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.

_________________
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 11156
kolinzo wrote:
When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.



:rotf:

Cant argue with a fanatic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24924
Location: your girls place
Okocha is one of the most overrated footballers in history. Im glad we don't have players like him anymore in the NT.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24924
Location: your girls place
kolinzo wrote:
When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.



How many goals did Okocha score at the World Cup?? How many assists?? Pls stick to being a Trump supporter. :dream:

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 20784
Location: Cyberspace
Oya all of dem dat did not respect oga on this thread should have their CE memberships revoked forthwith! Nonsense! :curse:

By the way did y'all see those delicious cross field passes from The Great One? :mrgreen:

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 25123
Scipio Africanus wrote:



I was there LIVE and DIRECT in Köln(Cologne) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Germans were f--king scared of Oga & King Kanu.
Ike and Shakpoke(sp) were massive on that day too, sadly for Nigeria both missed the WC because of injury.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 25123
Till date the most popular, beloved and most respected AFRICAN player in Germany.
When someone is more popular that his country..............then you know that you are dealing with a fullblown legend.
Jayjay is Legend. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84201
Location: Earth
Great video

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5202
ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.



:lol:

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.
I rate Kanu ahead of him 24/7


Kanu is the most overrated player in Nigerian football history. He's a legend but largely for what he did in age grade competition, no one can name a standout game for the Super Eagles that he had, which is why to this day his greatest contribution to the team was Christopher Kanu.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84201
Location: Earth
Afcon 2000, Kanu was assist king..won APOY 2ce...what a legend

https://youtu.be/PuIPjDAvasw

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 20784
Location: Cyberspace
zee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:



I was there LIVE and DIRECT in Köln(Cologne) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Germans were f--king scared of Oga & King Kanu.
Ike and Shakpoke(sp) were massive on that day too, sadly for Nigeria both missed the WC because of injury.


You have enjoyed o! :clap: :clap:

What sublime quality we had in Oga JJ! :thumbs: So good that the great Mario Zagalo of Brazil was begging him for autograph, in the middle of the Nigeria-Brazil friendly! :rotf: :rotf:

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 20784
Location: Cyberspace
:58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

1:20 - Sent a German player out of the stadium, all the way to Frankfurt

2:29 - Germans take revenge with brutal tackle on Oga

3:10 - Germans dish out another savage tackle on The Great One :curse:

3:35 - Oga responds with another piece of sublime skill :clap: :clap:

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84201
Location: Earth
That German vex, almost took out Jay jay

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:33 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39167
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Scipio Africanus wrote:
:58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

1:20 - Sent a German player out of the stadium, all the way to Frankfurt

2:29 - Germans take revenge with brutal tackle on Oga

3:10 - Germans dish out another savage tackle on The Great One :curse:

3:35 - Oga responds with another piece of sublime skill :clap: :clap:


Best of all he makes those plays look so effortless, those cross field passes that a lot of our players struggle with. Funny enough it’s only a defender in Semishems that can play them consistently.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 20784
Location: Cyberspace
maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
:58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

1:20 - Sent a German player out of the stadium, all the way to Frankfurt

2:29 - Germans take revenge with brutal tackle on Oga

3:10 - Germans dish out another savage tackle on The Great One :curse:

3:35 - Oga responds with another piece of sublime skill :clap: :clap:


Best of all he makes those plays look so effortless, those cross field passes that a lot of our players struggle with. Funny enough it’s only a defender in Semishems that can play them consistently.


:clap: :clap: :clap: You have said it all. I am not ashamed to admit that probably 10% of the total views on that video are from yours truly. :mrgreen:

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13438
Location: USA
People that say Okocha is overrated are just looking to be contrarian. I can admit that early in his career, he was not the most focused, but the sheer talent was unmistakable.... Easily one of the best Number 10s ever

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:25 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 20134
Location: Canada
There's a reason why when the legends of the game break bread, only OGA is present. I'm talking legends like Pele, Zizou, Ronaldinho etc. They have a party and only OGA gets the invite. For those saying he was overrated and his fans dont know football. I guess you know football better than Sir Alex Ferguson, Mario Zagallo, Peleand George Best etc. That have all stamped his game with eulogies. George Best actually gave him his name and said he was THE BEST.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:31 am
Posts: 1515
Location: gdrjggm
ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:
When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.



:lol:

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.
I rate Kanu ahead of him 24/7


A striker/forward that went to 5 ANC and 3 WC without a goal is better than a midfielder that carried the team, made assists and scored important goal. Anyway, fact is useless here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:31 am
Posts: 1515
Location: gdrjggm
bret- hart wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.



How many goals did Okocha score at the World Cup?? How many assists?? Pls stick to being a Trump supporter. :dream:


I remember Okocha setting up Kanu 1-1 with the Keeper, but Kanu Cldnt even put the golden chance away. When it comes to SE, Kanu is one of the overrated players while Jayjay was one of the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group