It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:30 am 

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm 

Oh lawd! Here we go again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:26 pm 

When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:34 pm 

ogasir wrote:
When I was a kid, I used to think Okocha was the greatest Nigerian player ever because I didn't understand the nuances of football, but now that I am older and I re watch his clips on YouTube, dude was kinda overrated, especially in the 90s.

It wasn't until the 2000s when he started getting older that his game became more mature.

:lol:

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.
I rate Kanu ahead of him 24/7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 pm 

When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm 

kolinzo wrote:
When you rate Kanu above Okocha, it tells me how much you know about the game. A guy who never scored a single ANC goal after being to like 5 of them; same guy never scored a WC goal; the same guy was a striker for that matter! Puhlease! Okocha yesterday, Okocha today, Okocha forever. The greatest Naija player of all time.

:rotf:

Cant argue with a fanatic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:59 pm 

Okocha is one of the most overrated footballers in history. Im glad we don't have players like him anymore in the NT.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 pm 

kolinzo wrote:

How many goals did Okocha score at the World Cup?? How many assists?? Pls stick to being a Trump supporter. :dream:

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:03 pm 

Oya all of dem dat did not respect oga on this thread should have their CE memberships revoked forthwith! Nonsense! :curse:

By the way did y'all see those delicious cross field passes from The Great One? :mrgreen:

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:39 am 

Scipio Africanus wrote:

I was there LIVE and DIRECT in Köln(Cologne) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Germans were f--king scared of Oga & King Kanu.
Ike and Shakpoke(sp) were massive on that day too, sadly for Nigeria both missed the WC because of injury.

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:44 am 

Till date the most popular, beloved and most respected AFRICAN player in Germany.
When someone is more popular that his country..............then you know that you are dealing with a fullblown legend.
Jayjay is Legend. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am 

Great video

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:27 pm 

ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Better late than never. I have to the conclusion that most Okocha's fans never really played the game.

Kanu is the most overrated player in Nigerian football history. He's a legend but largely for what he did in age grade competition, no one can name a standout game for the Super Eagles that he had, which is why to this day his greatest contribution to the team was Christopher Kanu.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 pm 

Afcon 2000, Kanu was assist king..won APOY 2ce...what a legend

https://youtu.be/PuIPjDAvasw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:40 pm 

zee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

I was there LIVE and DIRECT in Köln(Cologne) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Germans were f--king scared of Oga & King Kanu.
Ike and Shakpoke(sp) were massive on that day too, sadly for Nigeria both missed the WC because of injury.

You have enjoyed o! :clap: :clap:

What sublime quality we had in Oga JJ! :thumbs: So good that the great Mario Zagalo of Brazil was begging him for autograph, in the middle of the Nigeria-Brazil friendly! :rotf: :rotf:

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:49 pm 

:58 - Beautiful pass to change the point of attack

1:20 - Sent a German player out of the stadium, all the way to Frankfurt

2:29 - Germans take revenge with brutal tackle on Oga

3:10 - Germans dish out another savage tackle on The Great One :curse:

3:35 - Oga responds with another piece of sublime skill :clap: :clap:

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:05 pm 

That German vex, almost took out Jay jay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:33 pm 

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Best of all he makes those plays look so effortless, those cross field passes that a lot of our players struggle with. Funny enough it’s only a defender in Semishems that can play them consistently.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:50 am 

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Best of all he makes those plays look so effortless, those cross field passes that a lot of our players struggle with. Funny enough it’s only a defender in Semishems that can play them consistently.

:clap: :clap: :clap: You have said it all. I am not ashamed to admit that probably 10% of the total views on that video are from yours truly. :mrgreen:

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:18 am 

People that say Okocha is overrated are just looking to be contrarian. I can admit that early in his career, he was not the most focused, but the sheer talent was unmistakable.... Easily one of the best Number 10s ever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:25 am 

There's a reason why when the legends of the game break bread, only OGA is present. I'm talking legends like Pele, Zizou, Ronaldinho etc. They have a party and only OGA gets the invite. For those saying he was overrated and his fans dont know football. I guess you know football better than Sir Alex Ferguson, Mario Zagallo, Peleand George Best etc. That have all stamped his game with eulogies. George Best actually gave him his name and said he was THE BEST.

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 am 

ANC wrote:
ogasir wrote:

A striker/forward that went to 5 ANC and 3 WC without a goal is better than a midfielder that carried the team, made assists and scored important goal. Anyway, fact is useless here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:58 am 

bret- hart wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

How many goals did Okocha score at the World Cup?? How many assists?? Pls stick to being a Trump supporter. :dream:

I remember Okocha setting up Kanu 1-1 with the Keeper, but Kanu Cldnt even put the golden chance away. When it comes to SE, Kanu is one of the overrated players while Jayjay was one of the best.