Iwobi: Why is he so nervous ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iwobi: Why is he so nervous ?

Post by ANC »

He is not it. I am sorry.
The sooner you start trying others in the AM position the better.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi: Why is he so nervous ?

Post by bushboy »

I said this in another thread a few days back and I was viciously attacked.
I have watched him play for Everton all season long, I only recall ONE single good game. Looks like money wasted so far.
Last edited by bushboy on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s surprising he should be more relaxed by now, he has potential but needs to release it!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

he performs extremely better for Nigeria than at his clubside and his position is a position that we're lacking heavily. For that reason, his almost undropable For Us until a suitable replacement is found. 7 in 40 goals for Nigeria a good standard for Nigeria level
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

They need to place him on SSRI, seriously. He is playing himself out of the team.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Something just seems off about the boy, can't put a finger on what it is...
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

By the way, it is just not him, Ndidi has similar problem, his saving grace is the role he plays. Its like they are sacred of giving away the ball.

Everton should just play him in the left midfield.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Tobi17 wrote:Something just seems off about the boy, can't put a finger on what it is...
My finger has been on it for weeks. He is an extremely lazy player!! Not once ounce of hustle. All the skill in the world cannot mask his deficiencies. When you are on a team like Arsenal who play possession football, you can hide and play one touch passes and soon a team will think you are worth 25 million. But on a team Like Everton, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Weak as hell on the ball. Never wins ANY 50/50 balls, cannot sheild, cannot tackle, passes go astray. What on earth is he good for? Soon the fans will turn on him and he will end up in championship football. He needs to sit up. Clock is ticking.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

bushboy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Something just seems off about the boy, can't put a finger on what it is...
My finger has been on it for weeks. He is an extremely lazy player!! Not once ounce of hustle. All the skill in the world cannot mask his deficiencies. When you are on a team like Arsenal who play possession football, you can hide and play one touch passes and soon a team will think you are worth 25 million. But on a team Like Everton, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Weak as hell on the ball. Never wins ANY 50/50 balls, cannot sheild, cannot tackle, passes go astray. What on earth is he good for? Soon the fans will turn on him and he will end up in championship football. He needs to sit up. Clock is ticking.

Damn.

But he wins his fair share of balls.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He is an intelligent player.
But he needs to man-up.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What a pathetic thread and post from none entities. Even the first goal Everton scored was made by Iwobi

This forum is full of liars...Iwobi had a solid game..he even gave Moises a sweet pass and he missed...there are so many liars on CE

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Just weeks ago when someone else was putting their finger on something you were abusing them, now you are bringing that your dirty finger closer...abeg shooo comot for road :taunt: :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What a pathetic thread and post from none entities. Even the first goal Everton scored was made by Iwobi

This forum is full of liars...Iwobi had a solid game..he even gave Moises a sweet pass and he missed...there are so many liars on CE

You are not objective.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

So its Iwobi's fault that Everton's defense is rubbish? Its Iwobis fault that Pichford is a terrible GK? Its Iwobis fault that Moise Keen cannot finish a chance from close range? Its Iwobis fault that Silva is a terrible manager?? Everything good Everton did was via Iwobi. As for the clown that opened this thread, How is Issac Success doing?? Dude cant even start for a team that is bottom of the EPL. Bushboy you have 0 credibility when it comes to judging the abilities of these players. ZERO!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:So its Iwobi's fault that Everton's defense is rubbish? Its Iwobis fault that Pichford is a terrible GK? Its Iwobis fault that Moise Keen cannot finish a chance from close range? Its Iwobis fault that Silva is a terrible manager?? Everything good Everton did was via Iwobi. As for the clown that opened this thread, How is Issac Success doing?? Dude cant even start for a team that is bottom of the EPL. Bushboy you have 0 credibility when it comes to judging the abilities of these players. ZERO!
He also has zero credibility on another issue I won't bring up
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Who gives a rats A.S.S about Everton.
There is something wrong with the way he plays.
Is he hard working?. The answer is YES
Is he intelligent? The answer is an emphatic Yes and Yes.
He plays scared and gives away the ball too often for a player of his quality.
It may have to do with the cubs he play for and/or the fans.
Now he plays with greater confidence in Green and White.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iwobi tries to his ability... but unfortunately he doesn't have that extra factor to be world class... he's still young which is good, but how better can he get? I hope I'm proven wrong but I see Iwobi ending up as another decent but uneventful player in the worst case scenario, and at best (maybe playing under a top notch manager and a good system), he might end up like another Zaha( quality enough to play at that mid table level, but not world class enough to be a Mane or Salah).
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:Iwobi tries to his ability... but unfortunately he doesn't have that extra factor to be world class... he's still young which is good, but how better can he get? I hope I'm proven wrong but I see Iwobi ending up as another decent but uneventful player in the worst case scenario, and at best (maybe playing under a top notch manager and a good system), he might end up like another Zaha( quality enough to play at that mid table level, but not world class enough to be a Mane or Salah).

Perhaps...its all about expectation.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The issue is more with Silva trying to accommodate Gilfy Siggurdson and Iwobi on the pitch at the same time. They are similar - creative technical players. You need only one and preferably surround that one AM with 2 natural ball winners. That set up gives you better balance in midfield. The pass Iwobi released to setup their first goal plus what should’ve made it 3-4 but wasted by Moise Keane, provides insight as to his value.

Therefore the issue for me has always been indecisiveness by Silva wrt personnel selection and it will likely cost him his job sooner than later. Why is Gilfy playing next to Tom Davies in their pivot when a more natural ball winner in Schneiderlin is in the bench? Iwobi is a very good player but he thrives on confidence. Some players are like that and need the proverbial arm around the shoulder here and there to bring out the best in them. Whereas others are naturally hardened personalities who aren’t flustered easily but on the flip side may be less coachable. There’s pros and cons to every situation depending where your personal biases or preferences leads you. But for me, the main culprit is Silva.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

G4L, we are talking about Iwobi individually losing the ball constantly, being careless in passes and acting like he’s hustling while being mostly lazy. This was the case in Arseanal for SE even when he played ahead of Glyfi. I don’t care about Everton more so that our players improve individually.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

bret- hart wrote:So its Iwobi's fault that Everton's defense is rubbish? Its Iwobis fault that Pichford is a terrible GK? Its Iwobis fault that Moise Keen cannot finish a chance from close range? Its Iwobis fault that Silva is a terrible manager?? Everything good Everton did was via Iwobi. As for the clown that opened this thread, How is Issac Success doing?? Dude cant even start for a team that is bottom of the EPL. Bushboy you have 0 credibility when it comes to judging the abilities of these players. ZERO!
Bro,
They are not saying its was Iwobis fault that everton lost. THey are saying his personal play is poor.

Im not about to join the Iwobi bashing club because I believe he's got talent but he's not turned up for everton this season and he hardly turned up for Arsenal last season. He's play and impact is usually 10/10 once in comes in as a sub but as a starter, he's been pretty disapointing.

I watched yesterday's game and i was trying to figure out what the issue is with this obviously extremely talented lad. He works very hard, he runs, hes physical but I think his first problem is positioning. He doesnt position himself properly to be available for the ball so he sees less of the ball or gets it in very tight situations which means he loses the ball once its passed to him.

Secondly, alot of times, he does the "no be me spoil ball" move which makes him look panicky but whenever he's not in that mode, he's abeast.

Thirdly, for NIgeria, even though he is one of the highest goalscorers in the SE (most of which he got as a winger), when he is in the midfield, under ROhr's system, he tends to focus more on the hardwork and less on attakcing, giving defense spliting passes and dribbling. Again, under Rohr's system, he seems to dwell alot on the ball with alot of indecision. Again, I wuold blame this on Rohr's system.

But I believe, with more experience (another year or 2) Iwobi would over come this shortcomings alot of which deals with confidence and further understanding of football. All these get corrected with age and experience.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

You all and your negative energy will never prevent this boy from flourishing and being the best that he is. I watched the game yesterday and to come today and read this rubbish? Some Nigerians sha..smh. Tufiakwa!!!

May you all be judged at your work places exactly the way you judge this young man.

Like BigPokey rightly said, he played very well yesterday, with energy and drive. He even laid a very intelligent pass to Moise Kean who missed badly. You all will never give him credit for any good thing he does, but magnify any supposed flaw.

Rubbish...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What a pathetic thread and post from none entities. Even the first goal Everton scored was made by Iwobi

The level of hating and lying against Iwobi on this forum beggars belief.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."