Kai, Enugu Rangers was beaten like"goats" today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Kai, Enugu Rangers was beaten like"goats" today

Post by Toxicarrow »

Despite the "Naija tactics" of destabilizing Egyptians before the game, the useless Enugu Rangers 'disgraced' the whole country at home. Lost not by one goal, but lost 1-3 at home :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Very useless team

See the game fact here: http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... ramid.aspx
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Kai, Enugu Rangers was beaten like"goats" today

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyimba lost 2 kondo as well chei
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Enyimba lost 2 kondo as well chei
Yep...that was on the road. The "local champion of Enugu' that was beaten in its own backyard :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

I watched all 90 minutes of both matches.
Rangers were leading by one goal in the 1st half, then before the 1st half ended Rangers defender got a red card. Rangers played the remainder of the game with 10 men during which time they conceded all the goals.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Toxicarrow wrote:Despite the "Naija tactics" of destabilizing Egyptians before the game, the useless Enugu Rangers 'disgraced' the whole country at home. Lost not by one goal, but lost 1-3 at home :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Very useless team

See the game fact here: http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... ramid.aspx
...wetin yah iicc sutin' lose by :biggrin:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Now we know that most of our domestic coaches, either do not have the tactical acumen
to manage teams at the international level, or have no means of instilling team discipline
on their players. Until this is resolved, domestic coaches will have a hard time convincing
anyone about being overlooked for FCs.
Any sensible coach would have opted for the Mourinho style 'parking the bus' when up 1-0
and playing with a man short, with swift counter attacks to keep the opponents in check.

Our football is in shambles, with our officials and fans focused on and cheering foreign leagues
while internal corruption and lack of foresight eats up the NFF.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote:Now we know that most of our domestic coaches, either do not have the tactical acumen
to manage teams at the international level, or have no means of instilling team discipline
on their players. Until this is resolved, domestic coaches will have a hard time convincing
Any sensible coach would have opted for the Mourinho style 'parking the bus' when up 1-0
and playing with a man short, with swift counter attacks to keep the opponents in check.

Our football is in shambles, with our officials and fans focused on and cheering foreign leagues
Joao

Way off, I would say. So you think Guardiola managing enug rangers would have beaten pyramids? Not a chance. The teams are not evenly matched on talent to start with. I stated as much several days ago. Rangers even with 11 men are not expected to beat pyramids in a game fairly officiated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

joao wrote:Now we know that most of our domestic coaches, either do not have the tactical acumen

while internal corruption and lack of foresight
eats up the NFF.
I agree on this one 100%.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:

Joao

Way off, I would say. So you think Guardiola managing enug rangers would have beaten pyramids? Not a chance. The teams are not evenly matched on talent to start with. I stated as much several days ago. Rangers even with 11 men are not expected to beat pyramids in a game fairly officiated.
Not true since I watched the entire 90mins & 4min extra time.
Rangers completely outplayed them, and in their own half of the field, until Rangers scored their goal & until Rangers went down to 10 men (that was when & only when Pyramids took over after kissing the ground when a red card was produced to Rangers defender; and 2 of Pyramids 3 goals were penalties.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Oguleftie wrote:I watched all 90 minutes of both matches.
Rangers were leading by one goal in the 1st half, then before the 1st half ended Rangers defender got a red card. Rangers played the remainder of the game with 10 men during which time they conceded all the goals.
Trust that toxic waste pipe to leave out the pertinent facts. I wonder what a fan of a lowly division 2 team is doing shadowing the great Rangers :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Joao

Rangers completely outplayed them, and in their own half of the field, until Rangers scored their goal & until Rangers went down to 10 men (that was when & only when Pyramids took over after kissing the ground when a red card was produced to Rangers defender; and 2 of Pyramids 3 goals were penalties.
Oguleftie

So can we say then that Rangers were not only more talented but had a good coach and were let down by the red card? Can we quote you on this later?

Oguleftie, Pyramids is a better team based on their talent pedigree. You may not have understood how they played tactically but be rest assured that they are one of the favorites to win ot all. As for Rangers, let's just hope that several of their injured players are back on the field to salvage not their NPFL season but some hope in the Confed Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

NFF must take disciplinary action on Enugu Rangers for this disgrace. In fact I'm getting my senator to officially inform President Buhari so we can execute a presidential order to demote the yeye team to Division 3 for this monumental embarrassment and order the great Shooting Stars of Africa to immediately proceed to the next level and represent Nigeria with full aplomb next year! Even the likes of Gotti and Ukwala must be summoned to Aso Rock for thorough interrogation for deceiving innocent Nigerians by over-hyping this their local monkey post football team. I have already lost appetite on hearing this news of a loss to one jekuredi small team from Cairo. Arrant nonsense :boo: :boo: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Joao

Well, it was NOT "a game fairly officiated"... :oops:

Rangers were leading and comfortable until the Ref issued an INEXPLICABLE red to skipper Olulesi on an innocuous-looking tackle at the stroke of half-time. Even the South African-based commentator (the dude who does a lot of these CAF games), after looking at several relays, was still at a loss and termed the card "undeserving"!

Understandably, Rangers, who were also playing with a less than 1-week old coaching staff, came out with a "hold-what-you-have" mentality and thus lost the initiative, but were still holding on for a draw until getting sucker-punched late (83d min), and when they threw caution to the wind in desperation to equalize conceded again.

The primary factor was NOT a gulf in class nor quality, but POOR officiating!
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YemiBrazil wrote:NFF must take disciplinary action on Enugu Rangers for this disgrace. In fact I'm getting my senator to officially inform President Buhari so we can execute a presidential order to demote the yeye team to Division 3 for this monumental embarrassment and order the great Shooting Stars of Africa to immediately proceed to the next level and represent Nigeria with full aplomb next year! Even the likes of Gotti and Ukwala must be summoned to Aso Rock for thorough interrogation for deceiving innocent Nigerians by over-hyping this their local monkey post football team. I have already lost appetite on hearing this news of a loss to one jekuredi small team from Cairo. Arrant nonsense :boo: :boo: .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bros, this competition is NOT currently a priority for us...
Our priority is to keep our FOREVER top-division status going.

It is important people remember clubs from the GLORY DAYS...
Since the likes of Bendel Insurance and 3SC are no longer in existence.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Gotti wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:NFF must take disciplinary action on Enugu Rangers for this disgrace. In fact I'm getting my senator to officially inform President Buhari so we can execute a presidential order to demote the yeye team to Division 3 for this monumental embarrassment and order the great Shooting Stars of Africa to immediately proceed to the next level and represent Nigeria with full aplomb next year! Even the likes of Gotti and Ukwala must be summoned to Aso Rock for thorough interrogation for deceiving innocent Nigerians by over-hyping this their local monkey post football team. I have already lost appetite on hearing this news of a loss to one jekuredi small team from Cairo. Arrant nonsense :boo: :boo: .

We are very much in existence, though I don't know about Bendel and their expired insurance :-x :veryangry: :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

But that's EXACTLY what Salisu did...
Unfortunately, it merely handed the initiative over to the Egyptians.

In fact, just before the Egyptians' 2d goal...
Rangers missed a great chance on a counter, only for Pyramids to go down and score.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Joao

Well, it was NOT "a game fairly officiated"... :oops:

Rangers were leading and comfortable until the Ref issued an INEXPLICABLE red to skipper Olulesi on an innocuous-looking tackle at the stroke of half-time. Even the South African-based commentator (the dude who does a lot of these CAF games), after looking at several relays, was still at a loss and termed the card "undeserving"!

Understandably, Rangers, who were also playing with a less than 1-week old coaching staff, came out with a "hold-what-you-have" mentality and thus lost the initiative, but were still holding on for a draw until getting sucker-punched late (83d min), and when they threw caution to the wind in desperation to equalize conceded again.

The primary factor was NOT a gulf in class nor quality, but POOR officiating!
Gotti,

Let's just hope Rangers can hold their own but not many would give them a chance against Pyramids, whether at home or in Cairo. They have lost one in Enugu, let's hope they even it up when they get to Cairo. It will surely be an upset if they do so. In my view, the coaching crisis, injuries, and the caliber of their opponent counted against Rangers in this opener.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Gotti wrote:

We are very much in existence, though I don't know about Bendel and their expired insurance :-x :veryangry: :mrgreen:
Really? And in what division? Please remind us again.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Joao

Oguleftie

So can we say then that Rangers were not only more talented but had a good coach and were let down by the red card? Can we quote you on this later?

Oguleftie, Pyramids is a better team based on their talent pedigree. You may not have understood how they played tactically but be rest assured that they are one of the favorites to win ot all. As for Rangers, let's just hope that several of their injured players are back on the field to salvage not their NPFL season but some hope in the Confed Cup.
I am telling you what happened during the game before the red card; they had nothing to offer during the 1st half. By the way Pyramids is a fairly new team that went purging other teams after which they then went to hire a white coach.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Joao

Oguleftie

I am telling you what happened during the game before the red card; they had nothing to offer during the 1st half. By the way Pyramids is a fairly new team that went purging other teams after which they then went to hire a white coach.
Enyimba was the team, that at full strength, was outplayed.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

azuka wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Really? And in what division? Please remind us again.
I am very busy now

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Were Chris Ogu, Felix Agbonifo and Peter Eghareva playing for Pyramids?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

So what next now? When is the return leg? I come in peace o :mrgreen: