Rohr prefers Liverpool's Ejaria to NFF's Eberechi Eze

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr and his employers - the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have opened another chapter of contention over player's selection.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has been making effort to convince Queens Park Rangers midfielder Eberechi Eze to pledge his international allegiance to Nigeria.

While that effort has not yielded a result, Rohr has sighted someone else, a midfielder, who could easily agree to play for the Super Eagles.

His name is Ovie Ejaria, signed to Liverpool, but currently on loan at Reading.

The 22-year-old midfielder who is valued at £1m has shown versatility under Mark Bowen at the Madejski Stadium and Rohr is keen to add the Liverpool player to his squad.

“He’s (Ovie Ejaria) a good player no doubt and I will prefer him in the team now than the player (Eberechi Eze) the Federation are in talks with,” Rohr revealed.

“We will contact him and know what must be done to make him play for us. He is a better player than Eze.

“My fears are if we start chasing him in the media, England may join the race and it could be difficult.”

Pinnick met with Eze in London last month in a bid to lure the 21-year-old to switch allegiance to Nigeria but he requested for the chance to continue to focus on his club career which is going well so far.

https://futaa.com/article/198517/rohr-p ... erechi-eze

https://punchng.com/eze-to-play-for-nigeria-soon/
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr prefers Liverpool's Ejaria to NFF's Eberechi Eze

Post by iworo »

iworo wrote:Rohr prefers Liverpool's Ejaria to NFF's Eberechi Eze

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr and his employers - the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have opened another chapter of contention over player's selection.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has been making effort to convince Queens Park Rangers midfielder Eberechi Eze to pledge his international allegiance to Nigeria.

While that effort has not yielded a result, Rohr has sighted someone else, a midfielder, who could easily agree to play for the Super Eagles.

The 22-year-old midfielder who is valued at £1m has shown versatility under Mark Bowen at the Madejski Stadium and Rohr is keen to add the Liverpool player to his squad.

“He’s (Ovie Ejaria) a good player no doubt and I will prefer him in the team now than the player (Eberechi Eze) the Federation are in talks with,” Rohr revealed.

“We will contact him and know what must be done to make him play for us. He is a better player than Eze.

“My fears are if we start chasing him in the media, England may join the race and it could be difficult.”

Pinnick met with Eze in London last month in a bid to lure the 21-year-old to switch allegiance to Nigeria but he requested for the chance to continue to focus on his club career which is going well so far.

I hope and really want to believe that this is just a joke.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I talk am. Ejaria is better than Ebere. Only those who no sabi boolu would say otherwise.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=248792
Lolly wrote:
txj wrote:
I have always felt this boy is a better prospect for Nigeria than Ebere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ading.html
THE SECRET SCOUT: Liverpool's Ovie Ejaria is continuing to impress at Reading... but the attacking midfielder must add goals to his game to reach the next level

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/27/s ... ie-ejaria/
Some Leeds fans are raving about Reading's Ovie Ejaria
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

iworo wrote:Rohr prefers Liverpool's Ejaria to NFF's Eberechi Eze

The above would be a dig at Pinnicks Naivety and unnecessary public displays but why would Rohr tell the media his plans if he knows Pinnick is going about it the wrong way?
:rotf: I doubt it Rohr said this unless he’s trying to leave his post by neutral consent and has a good solicitor with connections to FIFA to make sure he gets payed!
Nigerians are too proud to understand why you’d not accept the plant they want in the team and the big wigs in the NFF don’t really know or care about technical analysis so even if Ejaria is better than Eze they won’t care!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr should be fired for this. This kind of talk should not be public talk. Both players should be invited.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I find it hard to believe Rohr made those comments. He's often very diplomatic.
ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr should be fired for this. This kind of talk should not be public talk. Both players should be invited.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr should be fired for this. This kind of talk should not be public talk. Both players should be invited.
This rubbish was designed to cause a reaction,Nigerian journalisms isn’t to be taken seriously they even quote people that they’ve never met and the interview can never be found elsewhere!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Your intelligence does not even remotely suggest to you that this is most likely JJ?
Who was Rohr talking to? When and where?
The article answers none of these questions and you have already jumped on the quote like a fly on shytt. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Roht doesn't even talk like this.
"He is a better player than Eze"
"My fears are blablablah..."

You no even pause one second to ask question. Does this sound like Rohr to you?
What are the chances it was him and not the agenda of the writer who can't even provide the basic background to the quote? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote:
Your intelligence does not even remotely suggest to you that this is most likely JJ?
The article answers none of these questions and you have already jumped on the quote like a fly on shytt. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What are the chances it was him and not the agenda of the writer who can't even provide the basic background to the quote? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Fake News!

Rohrbots defending as always!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

iworo wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ori iya mi o. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:Fake News!

Rohrbots defending as always!
Rohrophobes arguing blindly yet again.
Who was Rohr talking to?
When and where?

Abi na you him dey gist? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Rohrophobes arguing blindly yet again.
Who was Rohr talking to?
When and where?

Are you a Rohrbot :mrgreen: ? Cos, your name was not mention.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Rohrophobes arguing blindly yet again.
Who was Rohr talking to?
When and where?

Are you a Rohrbot :mrgreen: ? Cos, your name was not mention.
Chop rice.
Any reasonable answers?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

You are trying very hard to convince me you HATE coach Rohr. Let me ask you this: Are you sure Rohr made this comment?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
This rubbish was designed to cause a reaction,Nigerian journalisms isn’t to be taken seriously they even quote people that they’ve never met and the interview can never be found elsewhere!
... must we quote ONLY the people we've met?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Won’t call it fireable but totally agree that it is uncouth and inappropriate...in the extreme
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Hard to believe the story is legit...it's not like we're only allowed to pick one.

Just quietly invite both and whatever problem there is may resolve itself.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ovie Ejaria, now this is a player worth going after. You can now move Iwobi to the left Wing where his high work-rate would be best utilized i.e providing adequate cover for the defense.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rohr does not court controversy like that. What he would have likely said is: “Getting Ejaria will be easier for now while the NFF keep talking to Ebere.”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Chop rice.
Any reasonable answers?
Fake news alert was raised...

Seems Rohrbots are hard-coded with: respond first, discern later.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

While this smells of jj, what is wrong with getting both? This is not a case of too much of good things. Both could be integral part of our team.

Are you guys sure it’s not Fabio or Porky that wrote that article to cause a further rift.... :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cito wrote:While this smells of jj, what is wrong with getting both? This is not a case of too much of good things. Both could be integral part of our team.

Are you guys sure it’s not Fabio or Porky that wrote that article to cause a further rift.... :D
Chief Cito, I hope it´s tongue-in-cheek.