Chukwueze makes Chelsea’s six man shortlist.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

soma
Egg
Egg
Chukwueze makes Chelsea’s six man shortlist.

Post by soma »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirr ... 111200.amp

Frank Lampard has reportedly made an attacker his top priority in the January transfer window and a shortlist of six forwards has been compiled for Chelsea chiefs to target.

The likes of Borussia Dortmund ace Jadon Sancho and Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha are on the west London side’s radar, although it’s accepted a January deal will be difficult to push through.

Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey and Villarreal wide man Samuel Chukwueze are perhaps more realistic targets to secure in the winter transfer window.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze makes Chelsea’s six man shortlist.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Helllz noooo! Chukwueze should stay in la liga. Epl is rough on wide players
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chelsea might actually be a good spot for him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Our boy definitely needs a move, Chelsea will be a good move for him.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Chukwueze will do well at Chelsea and the epl. It’s made for his style of play

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Helllz noooo! Chukwueze should stay in la liga. Epl is rough on wide players
Look at this old wrinkled pathetic loser! i feel sorry for any young professional who will ask a loser like you for advise. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

danfo driver wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Helllz noooo! Chukwueze should stay in la liga. Epl is rough on wide players
Look at this old wrinkled pathetic loser! i feel sorry for any young professional who will ask a loser like you for advise. :oops:
Chukwueze better pick his club going to the EPL. Run and shoot clubs should be a no-no.
Also if he moves to the EPL, he should minimize his selfish plays or injuries will sideline him.
I wish he can get with a coach that plays a flowing attack football, as he is a defensive liability.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:
How can you call anybody a loser with a straight face? :laugh:
A real buffoon you are. Brainless, shameless and hopeless. Oloriburuku omo ale! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Excerpts from a chelsea fan blog on why Chelsea want chukwueze or bailey

His attributes as a left footed right winger has been something that still comes up in conversation for Chelsea fans today. Many believe that it is an element to the team that they have been missing ever since Robben left.
So why is it something that is seen as such a good weapon to have?
The obvious reason is the ability to cut inside from the right and unleash a shot at goal, whereas a right footed right winger will usually opt to hit the byline and put in a cross. It gives an added element.
Of course you have to have the ability, quick feet, and a great shot on you to be effective at this, Robben certainly had that.

The negative on this of course is that defenders always know what you are trying to do and will look to try and show you down the line rather than allowing space to cut in.
On the positive, even when defenders did that to Robben, he still managed to find a way through and unleash a shot.
If you look at a winger like Willian, who is Chelsea’s regular on the right currently, he also likes to cut in, but it’s on his weaker foot so won’t be able to provide a finish. This is setting Chelsea back and often wastes attacking moves due to slowing of the play, not being able cut in, or hit the byline – a wingers two strongest traits.
So Chelsea appear to be looking at a couple of left footed right wingers in the shape of Samuel Chukwueze and Leon Bailey, as reported by Matt Law of The Telegraph.
They both have the ability to cut in and hit a strike like Robben, of course both have a long way to becoming anywhere near as good as he was, but they have age on their side.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chukwueze better pick his club going to the EPL. Run and shoot clubs should be a no-no.
Also if he moves to the EPL, he should minimize his selfish plays or injuries will sideline him.
I wish he can get with a coach that plays a flowing attack football, as he is a defensive liability.
Zaha, Eden, Mahrez, Silva, Salah, Mane, etc.... these players all say hello...when is comes to naija players you jokers are the first to cry no , they shouldn't etc...then when it comes to AFCON , WCs yall same jokers whine crying we no get top players.... I do not get some of yall....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Zaha, Eden, Mahrez, Silva, Salah, Mane, etc.... these players all say hello...when is comes to naija players you jokers are the first to cry no , they shouldn't etc...then when it comes to AFCON , WCs yall same jokers whine crying we no get top players.... I do not get some of yall....
These people are losers who are afraid of success. These people are like those Uncles and Aunts you have and they will always discourage you from doing anything. :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chelsea - if they actually go after him - will be a good fit for Chukwuezi because they’re in rebuilding mode and you can bet that both Pedro and Willian will be gone at the end of this season leaving only Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi as wingers on the book (they need 4 given they only start 1 striker in a 433 or 4231). Anyway good luck to the brother. Hopefully he gets to lick Some of Roman’s bread. Also a top tier competitive environment just might help him tidy up the raw edges in what otherwise is a highly talented player.

By the way, my preferred player is Osimehn. Again, CFC only has one striker who needs competition and rotation. Anyway that’s the super eagle in me dreaming.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Chelsea might actually be a good spot for him.
Chukwueze should remain in Spain, or go to France. They may break his leg
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

osita wrote:
Bros, have they broken Iwobi's legs? While I understand the reasoning behind a player going to a team where he is likely to see game time, this is a big opportunity on a team that currently has a manager who is not afraid to put youngsters on the field and Chukwueze is likely to improve his earnings as well
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enugu II wrote:
osita wrote:
Bros, have they broken Iwobi's legs? While I understand the reasoning behind a player going to a team where he is likely to see game time, this is a big opportunity on a team that currently has a manager who is not afraid to put youngsters on the field and Chukwueze is likely to improve his earnings as well
It's the bias in folks talking. There's no better time for a talented young player to go to Chelsea given they're in rebuilding mode and need help pretty much every where and as you mentioned, the manager is desperate for results knowing his oga isn't known for patience so if you produce, he will leave you on the pitch (like Pullisic).
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

green4life wrote:Chelsea - if they actually go after him - will be a good fit for Chukwuezi because they’re in rebuilding mode and you can bet that both Pedro and Willian will be gone at the end of this season leaving only Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi as wingers on the book (they need 4 given they only start 1 striker in a 433 or 4231). Anyway good luck to the brother. Hopefully he gets to lick Some of Roman’s bread. Also a top tier competitive environment just might help him tidy up the raw edges in what otherwise is a highly talented player.

By the way, my preferred player is Osimehn. Again, CFC only has one striker who needs competition and rotation. Anyway that’s the super eagle in me dreaming.

Talking of Osimhen he’s also been linked to Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co ... 29514/amp/

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
These people are losers who are afraid of success. These people are like those Uncles and Aunts you have and they will always discourage you from doing anything. :roll:
I dey confused o.

So Lampard not be chewing gum face for ya eye again?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dey confused o.

So Lampard not be chewing gum face for ya eye again?
what is an arteta? a weak footballer

[/video]
SuperEagles

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Young players like Mount, Tomori, Abraham, and even Pulisic are developing well under Lampard. So Chelsea could be a good choice for Chuwkueze. Chelsea also move the ball well and make good use of the wings which suits Chukwueze. They have struggled a bit defensively though this season.

Not sure if there's any interest there, but I also wonder if a club like Athletico would be a good next stop for Chuwkueze. Maybe under Simeone he may learn to be a more complete player. He is not a defensive liability like some claim. Although is room for growth, I notice he is back tracking more and more and that the defensive side of his game is improving.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
osita wrote:
It's the bias in folks talking. There's no better time for a talented young player to go to Chelsea given they're in rebuilding mode and need help pretty much every where and as you mentioned, the manager is desperate for results knowing his oga isn't known for patience so if you produce, he will leave you on the pitch (like Pullisic).

Football wise, I'm not so sure about this one. Plus this is Chelsea and there are just so many factors at play at the club...Frank will prioritize the English boys and at this stage, Samu needs to be playing regularly.

I think one more year in Spain will not be a bad idea...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
osita wrote:

Football wise, I'm not so sure about this one. Plus this is Chelsea and there are just so many factors at play at the club...Frank will prioritize the English boys and at this stage, Samu needs to be playing regularly.

I think one more year in Spain will not be a bad idea
:agree:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051