Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 pm
Posts: 32
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has offered Super Eagles boss, Gernot Rohr a brand new contract, but under tough conditions.

Rohr on his own part is open to listening to offers from other football associations (FA) from January 1, 2020, but the NFF wants to retain the German until after the World Cup in 2022.

According to Complete Sports, the terms and conditions gathered will require that the former Bordeaux player and chief coach “must” live in the country (Lagos or Abuja).

He will also be allowed to travel on vacation only 3 times in a year. Also, the coach will not get an improved pay from his $55,000 per month deal.
The NFF will also ensure, unlike in the past three years where he earned wages tax free, that his income will be levied.

All his selections must be approved by the NFF Technical Committee.

Credit: CompletesportsNigeria

With All these conditions, do you think Rohr will still remain with the eagles?

See more stories Here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 61567
So he wasnt paying tax to FIRS?

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18010
Why must he live in Nigeria? Rohr should turn it down.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4849
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Why must he live in Nigeria? Rohr should turn it down.


He must discuss and clarify the living in Nigeria issue - even NFF president so not live in Nigeria 24/7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13528
Location: USA
So they are in effect, cutting his salary. If you don't want the man, be honorable and tell him so.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25791
Not really.. It depends on how much increase he is being offered.

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 47573
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
deanotito wrote:
So they are in effect, cutting his salary. If you don't want the man, be honorable and tell him so.


Pretty much.

Don't understand why he has to live in Naijaria. It is not like he is scouting the Naijarian league. Aside from Ezenwa, all his players are based overseas.
Also don't like that some stinking Technical Committee will be overseeing his invites.

Resign the man and let him work.

Don't go handcuffing him.


Ps., I wonder the targets they set for him?

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 41049
Location: UK
Purity wrote:
Not really.. It depends on how much increase he is being offered.
None, according to the article.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3213
lol jokers


Last edited by john12 on Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:09 pm
Posts: 10121
Nothing "tough" about those conditions.

_________________
Bushboy's bushmen : 1. Odion Ighalo 2. Anthony Ujah 3. Isaac Success 4. Nathan Oduwa 5. David Okereke
Who will be next?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9763
Location: loughborough.
ohenhen1 wrote:
So he wasnt paying tax to FIRS?

You have to give it to Pinnick... He claims to 'talk a good game', but delivers piss poor results. :D :D

Rohr was probably paying income tax in Madagascar or France or Germany or had off shore tax agreement.

We have mumu in NFF.

He can't pay tax to FIRS, he will pay to the IRS of the state he resides or receives his salary. WanajO can clarify.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17777
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
If most of the SE are based in England, should he then reside in England? Better still, because his players are based all over, where should he reside? Or if the administrators who seek to meet him regularly are based in Nigeria, where should he reside? Just my tuppence.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 10756
Which top teams does their coaches live abroad?
Westerhoff’s living in Naija allowed him to unearth gems like Amokashi.
Who Rohr don discover?

Cmoke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4849
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Cmoke wrote:
Which top teams does their coaches live abroad?
Westerhoff’s living in Naija allowed him to unearth gems like Amokashi.
Who Rohr don discover?

Cmoke


you guys better stop wasting your time - sake Rohr and put Salisu assisted by Amakapabo abi HE will live 24/7 in Nigeria

No world class decent coach will never accept to live 24/7 in Nigeria as part of his contract. As if the local league runs on a structural scheduled timescale


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13528
Location: USA
fabio wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
So he wasnt paying tax to FIRS?

You have to give it to Pinnick... He claims to 'talk a good game', but delivers piss poor results. :D :D

Rohr was probably paying income tax in Madagascar or France or Germany or had off shore tax agreement.

We have mumu in NFF.

He can't pay tax to FIRS, he will pay to the IRS of the state he resides or receives his salary. WanajO can clarify.


These no-tax arrangements are not as rare as they may sound. It just means that the NFF was probably covering his taxes, and has elected to stop doing that....translates into a salary reduction. And I don't see how anyone would accept such a condition

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 84756
Location: Earth
We need a new manager..let him go

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2446
Our best players are Europe. Makes no sense for him to live in Nigeria. Things are different now compared to Westerhof's time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14221
Location: South London
Nigeria doesn’t even have a league that produces players for it national team!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22719
Location: Ukwuani
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Why must he live in Nigeria? Rohr should turn it down.

Bros, why must he NOT live in Nigeria? Don't you live, or base in the city your employer is?

On the other hand, it's an offer tendered by the NFF. It's up to Rohr to negotiate, accept or decline

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Last edited by Odas on Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9763
Location: loughborough.
olu wrote:
Our best players are Europe. Makes no sense for him to live in Nigeria. Things are different now compared to Westerhof's time.

So, why is he not living in Europe?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22719
Location: Ukwuani
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
So he wasnt paying tax to FIRS?

You have to give it to Pinnick... He claims to 'talk a good game', but delivers piss poor results. :D :D

Rohr was probably paying income tax in Madagascar or France or Germany or had off shore tax agreement.

We have mumu in NFF.

He can't pay tax to FIRS, he will pay to the IRS of the state he resides or receives his salary. WanajO can clarify.

These no-tax arrangements are not as rare as they may sound. It just means that the NFF was probably covering his taxes, and has elected to stop doing that....translates into a salary reduction. And I don't see how anyone would accept such a condition

Agree! I think Rohr's income tax was paid by the NFF, perhaps as stipulated in the contract. Why the NFF is refusing to continue paying for it and yet, wants coach Rohr's salary to remain the same is suspicious. Maybe they want coach Rohr to leave.

Having said the above, it's ONLY an offer by the NFF. Rohr and his team will certainly counter.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22719
Location: Ukwuani
Bigpokey24 wrote:
We need a new manager..let him go

There you go again with your 'Rohr must go' song. When are you going to be realistic in the matter?

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13528
Location: USA
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
So he wasnt paying tax to FIRS?

You have to give it to Pinnick... He claims to 'talk a good game', but delivers piss poor results. :D :D

Rohr was probably paying income tax in Madagascar or France or Germany or had off shore tax agreement.

We have mumu in NFF.

He can't pay tax to FIRS, he will pay to the IRS of the state he resides or receives his salary. WanajO can clarify.

These no-tax arrangements are not as rare as they may sound. It just means that the NFF was probably covering his taxes, and has elected to stop doing that....translates into a salary reduction. And I don't see how anyone would accept such a condition

Agree! I think Rohr's income tax was paid by the NFF, perhaps as stipulated in the contract. Why the NFF is refusing to continue paying for it and yet, wants coach Rohr's salary to remain the same is suspicious. Maybe they want coach Rohr to leave.

Having said the above, it's ONLY an offer by the NFF. Rohr and his team will certainly counter.


But this cannot be considered a good faith offer. A reduction in salary is like pretty much telling him he isn't really wanted.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group