NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Post by deanotito »

Odas wrote:In all, I think Rohr should live in Nigeria. That is where his job is and it's the appropriate thing to do. The NFF is right on this one. If Rohr turns down the job based on the clause. I believe he will blame himself later
The job of a national team coach, especially of a country like Nigeria, is not traditional. Saying his job is in Nigeria is a bit of an over-simplification. It’s like having a job where your subordinates are in Europe but your boss is in Kansas. Where should you then be based? Your boss may want to see you all the time, but you can make a strong case that your subordinates need you more.

Also, Rohr has been pretty consistent in expressing his belief that the local league is too poor to serve as a pipeline for the SE. He has chosen to focus on the Nigerian diaspora for new talent. So what exactly is he doing in Nigeria full time? Let’s face it. Most of Rohr’s work is in Europe. We can force him to live in Nigeria full time but that’s just our own insecurities talking

If the NFF has duties (promotional, social, technical) they want him to do in Nigeria, they should set targets for those and have him manage his schedule.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

With the logic some here have, maybe the coach of Madagascar should be courted.
At least he is superior to Rohr in competition, and should be cheaper than anyone our resident experts have in mind.
:sneaky: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:In all, I think Rohr should live in Nigeria. That is where his job is and it's the appropriate thing to do. The NFF is right on this one. If Rohr turns down the job based on the clause. I believe he will blame himself later
The job of a national team coach, especially of a country like Nigeria, is not traditional. Saying his job is in Nigeria is a bit of an over-simplification. It’s like having a job where your subordinates are in Europe but your boss is in Kansas. Where should you then be based? Your boss may want to see you all the time, but you can make a strong case that your subordinates need you more.

Also, Rohr has been pretty consistent in expressing his belief that the local league is too poor to serve as a pipeline for the SE. He has chosen to focus on the Nigerian diaspora for new talent. So what exactly is he doing in Nigeria full time? Let’s face it. Most of Rohr’s work is in Europe. We can force him to live in Nigeria full time but that’s just our own insecurities talking

If the has duties (promotional, social, technical) they want him to do in Nigeria, they should set targets for those and have him manage his schedule.
I am not a fan of Rohr but on this, I side with him.

What is he staying in Naijaria for?

It is not like they are mandating him to scout the local league for talent or to run coaching clinics for the local coaches.

Overseas, he will get better access, better network speed to watch games online, easier to get around to watch players, plus the headache of dealing with the shithole and the inherent logistics problem.

He can be just like any other tourist... come in 2 weeks before a game, recover from jetlag, acclimatize, and head back 24 hours after a game.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:

If the NFF has duties (promotional, social, technical) they want him to do in Nigeria, they should set targets for those and have him manage his schedule.
I know you dont like to answer questions but here is another one:

How many times have you seen **** scouting our players in Europe?

And please answer the question straightforwardly, no comma or full stop. Just put the number of times you have seen him scouting at stadia.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

And please answer the question straightforwardly, no comma or full stop. Just put the number of times you have seen him scouting at stadia.
Well, according to his media mouthpiece, Toyin Ibitoye, Rohr scouts for players.

And just like the emperor's magnificent attire, you have to be super intelligent to see it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Well, according to his media mouthpiece, Toyin Ibitoye, Rohr scouts for players.

And just like the emperor's magnificent attire, you have to be super intelligent to see it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Every weekend we see the likes of Mancini, Southgate, Low and the rest on tv at stadia, but Ibitoye wants us to believe that it is through his eyes that we can see **** scouting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kaii!

**** is just looking for a way to remain in Europe so he can have more time to run those brothels abi na hotels he has. Dude wants to work on his personal business on our own dime! Imagine, oyibo wan play us wayo! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
fabio wrote:Can't understand the debate about where he should reside.

I have always argued he should be based in Nigeria, in charge of the CHAN. If he doesn't like the terms and conditions of the new contract, last time, i read, Rohr was in huge demand, after his success in Afcon.

He might has well, take up those offers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap:
You pipul sef.

Among you, BigTurkey, Fabio, I don't know who is the bigger Rohr fan. :taunt:
I love Rohr, not Rohrbots....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

What on earth type of silly question is this? I am in no position to see him. I have seen him zero times.

If your contention is that he doesn’t scout players, then why retain him? Will staying in Nigeria force him to scout players in Nigeria, since as you seem to insinuate, he doesn’t do it while in Europe. I’ve said it...it’s just you guys’ insecurities that is talking. Set success targets for your coach and let him navigate where he wants to live
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Every weekend we see the likes of Mancini, Southgate, Low and the rest on tv at stadia, but Ibitoye wants us to believe that it is through his eyes that we can see **** scouting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kaii!

**** is just looking for a way to remain in Europe so he can have more time to run those brothels abi na hotels he has. Dude wants to work on his personal business on our own dime! Imagine, oyibo wan play us wayo! :lol: :lol:
Rohr scouts for players, but Pinnick na chief scout.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Yeah, because in your mind, Rohr is anywhere as recognizable or marketable as the likes of Mancini or Loew....when was the last time you saw the coach of Sweden in a stadium watching a club game?

Rohr has a body of work. Look at his results and decide if you want to retain him. The NFF should resist the temptation to focus on foolishness
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Yeah, because in your mind, Rohr is anywhere as recognizable or marketable as the likes of Mancini or Loew....when was the last time you saw the coach of Sweden in a stadium watching a club game?

Rohr has a body of work. Look at his results and decide if you want to retain him. The NFF should resist the temptation to focus on foolishness
I bet you would not recognise the Swedish coach, watching the league in Sweden and Yes, the coach lives in Sweden. Ex - Coach of falcons lived in Nigeria, No?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
I have seen him zero times.
Thanks.

Now, answer the first question. Where do you work and where do you live? In the same country?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

when rohr was hired he was mandated to
1) Qualify nigeria for World cup - He did (Fact)
2) Qualify nigeria for nations cup - he did (fact)
3) make atleast semi-final of nations cup he did (fact)

basically the LEGEND met all his target/requirements. the man fished out the likes of ebuehi, collins, Aribo,idowu from nowhere. gave the likes of aina, osimehn, kalu, chukwueze, onuachu, okereke their first cap so obviously he is doing a good job scouting for players and selecting youths. if you dont want him Anymore, just terminate his contract or don't renew it or hire a local coach so we can witness the success that our u17, 20, 23 all witnessed in 2019. however, what you won't do is mandate an agent-ridden selection for SE, mandate him to reside at a location that a fraction of Players will never be selected nor a place that 24 hours electricity isn't guaranteed, safety isn't guaranteed and even on time salary sef isn't guaranteed. Nigerians want to be respected like some part of obodo-oyibo but they simply don't want to put in that work. Respect, my dear is earned!
Last edited by john12 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

I bet you would not recognise the Swedish coach, watching the league in Sweden and Yes, the coach lives in Sweden. Ex - Coach of falcons lived in Nigeria, No?

I be wan respond to the guy, but thank for doing it
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Let's clarify certain things Again. when rohr was hired, he was mandated to
1) Qualify us for World cup (He did)
2) Qualify us for Nations cup (he did)
3) get atleast 3rd place at nations cup (He did)

This man sin is because he won't accept bribes from Agents/crooks and because he asked that his salary owed in arrears should be paid. since you want to use obodo-oyino land as an example.
1) How many of you will feel undone if your new contract offer is reduced after meeting your previous contractual goal??
2) How many of you guys are owed 4/5 months in arrears at your place of Employment??? we can't exemplify the negative of working for oyibo, we must all exemplify the positives. let's be clear, RESPECT is EARNED not Given. you want to be treated Respectfully, then you must RESPECT yourself.

NFF should sack or not renew Rohr contract but telling him to reside at unsafe, unelectric, bad hospitals and worse of all, salary payment isn't guaranteed is a no. The moment that I saw "technical commitee" vetting his selection is when I knew that something is Wrong in their head. if dem get liver, make dem hire Loca Coach na.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I like listening to others idea and I am to for interactions. why do some of you guys want rohr terminated? they will say because he is
1) Too conservative
2) Dosen't make substitutions on time
3) dosen't select local league players

to me, that's not enough reasons to terminate a coach. When a coach is hired, you should set a target/goal for Him and if he dosen't meet those targets/goals then you can Sack him. however, sacking a coach for not selecting your favorite individual players, or not selecting Local players isn't a good reason to dismiss or not renew his contract. let all of Us apply extreme wisdom in all that we're doing = Principal thing. if not, SE football will just regress totally in a brink of an eye
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

joao wrote:With the logic some here have, maybe the coach of Madagascar should be courted.
At least he is superior to Rohr in competition, and should be cheaper than anyone our resident experts have in mind.
:sneaky: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, no! Here we go again with the 'Madagascar' crap!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

oga Joao please give me a good reason why you want Tohr contract not extended or why you want him terminated
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:oga Joao please give me a good reason why you want Tohr contract not extended or why you want him terminated

Bad belle, jealousy and envy . What other reason would there be? That is innate to Nigerians. They want him to live in Nigeria and trade u17 stocks while his players ate all over Europe. I guess when he has no power, water and the phone network is bad he can go to Ajegunle and scout u17 players under the bridge. Yeye people!
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

joao be honest, if he leaves in nigeria can they guarantee him basic amenities like 24 hours electricity, safety and adequate healthcare? only nigeria where people want a coach sacked for meeting his goal
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:joao be honest, if he leaves in nigeria can they guarantee him basic amenities like 24 hours electricity, safety and adequate healthcare? only nigeria where people want a coach sacked for meeting his goal
CEO of the biggest companies in Nigeria, live in Nigeria.

Who is Rohr again?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

If the NFF has no vision beyond who they hire to coach the Nigerian senior team, I can't be bothered anymore.

This is the same ish every 4 years. And we all give them our attention when we should know better.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:If the NFF has no vision beyond who they hire to coach the Nigerian senior team, I can't be bothered anymore.

This is the same ish every 4 years. And we all give them our attention when we should know better.
Yet, you are prepared to die for Arsenal, as poorly run as the club has been.

Tufiakwa! why is the black man so cursed! You have stood by Arsenal through years of pain and 3 coaching changes, and multiple humiliations. But when its Nigeria, a black man's team, you "cant be bothered anymore." disgusting!