NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Offers Rohr New Contract With Tough Conditions

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:So he wasnt paying tax to FIRS?
You have to give it to Pinnick... He claims to 'talk a good game', but delivers piss poor results. :D :D

Rohr was probably paying income tax in Madagascar or France or Germany or had off shore tax agreement.

We have mumu in NFF.

He can't pay tax to FIRS, he will pay to the IRS of the state he resides or receives his salary. WanajO can clarify.
These no-tax arrangements are not as rare as they may sound. It just means that the NFF was probably covering his taxes, and has elected to stop doing that....translates into a salary reduction. And I don't see how anyone would accept such a condition
Agree! I think Rohr's income tax was paid by the NFF, perhaps as stipulated in the contract. Why the NFF is refusing to continue paying for it and yet, wants coach Rohr's salary to remain the same is suspicious. Maybe they want coach Rohr to leave.

Having said the above, it's ONLY an offer by the NFF. Rohr and his team will certainly counter.
But this cannot be considered a good faith offer. A reduction in salary is like pretty much telling him he isn't really wanted.
Deanotito,

I do not think so! It is simply a lowball offer and it does not mean they do not want him. If I rep the federation, for instance, my offer is going to be less than what the managers of Algeria and Senegal are getting at this time and for good reason. It is up to him to counter. Even the conditions stated by the federation may eventually be conceded because they will surely be monetized and calculated as part of the total package (e.g. accommodation in Nigeria etc.). If he says he does not want those then the money can be deducted from the total. I bet the NFF's first offer is not the ceiling of what they are able to pay. It never is.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:
You have to give it to Pinnick... He claims to 'talk a good game', but delivers piss poor results. :D :D

Rohr was probably paying income tax in Madagascar or France or Germany or had off shore tax agreement.

We have mumu in NFF.

He can't pay tax to FIRS, he will pay to the IRS of the state he resides or receives his salary. WanajO can clarify.
These no-tax arrangements are not as rare as they may sound. It just means that the NFF was probably covering his taxes, and has elected to stop doing that....translates into a salary reduction. And I don't see how anyone would accept such a condition
Agree! I think Rohr's income tax was paid by the NFF, perhaps as stipulated in the contract. Why the NFF is refusing to continue paying for it and yet, wants coach Rohr's salary to remain the same is suspicious. Maybe they want coach Rohr to leave.

Having said the above, it's ONLY an offer by the NFF. Rohr and his team will certainly counter.
But this cannot be considered a good faith offer. A reduction in salary is like pretty much telling him he isn't really wanted.
Deanotito,

I do not think so! It is simply a lowball offer and it does not mean they do not want him. If I rep the federation, for instance, my offer is going to be less than what the managers of Algeria and Senegal are getting at this time and for good reason. It is up to him to counter. Even the conditions stated by the federation may eventually be conceded because they will surely be monetized and calculated as part of the total package (e.g. accommodation in Nigeria etc.). If he says he does not want those then the money can be deducted from the total. I bet the NFF's first offer is not the ceiling of what they are able to pay. It never is.
A contract renewal process is usually not a complicated process. It’s generally very different from an initial offer as the parties have developed a rapport and have verbally indicated an interest of whether they want to stay or go. For instance, you won’t offer a renewal to a man who says he’s leaving at the end of his contract. If you want him to stay, you would lobby him verbally and if you’re successful, you offer the contract.

So a salary reduction is not a lowball offer. It’s a slap in the face. A lowball offer is keeping his salary the same or giving him a 5% increase, for instance. Reduction is essentially a set up
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Odas wrote:
deanotito wrote:
fabio wrote:

We have mumu in NFF.

Deanotito,

A contract renewal process is usually not a complicated process. It’s generally very different from an initial offer as the parties have developed a rapport and have verbally indicated an interest of whether they want to stay or go. For instance, you won’t offer a renewal to a man who says he’s leaving at the end of his contract. If you want him to stay, you would lobby him verbally and if you’re successful, you offer the contract.

So a salary reduction is not a lowball offer. It’s a slap in the face. A lowball offer is keeping his salary the same or giving him a 5% increase, for instance. Reduction is essentially a set up
Deanotito

You assume that an outline for a renewal is in place. I do not think that is the case here. This is an opportunity for the federation to hardball the process. Importantly Pinnick has to deal with multiple and critical audiences here. At one end are some federation officials that soured on Rohr after the World Cup but Pinnick shut them down. They have not quit and Pinnick will need them going forward. Then there is the reality that Rohr is setting up a great team for the future and appears to have re-captured the support of the larger public. It is a tight rope .
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Okay. I am skeptical
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How many times have you seen **** on tv scouting any of our players in Europe?

His job is in Nigeria. Where else is he going to work? For those of you working in America and Europe, why dont you tell your employers that you have decided to move back to Nigeria, from where you will be working? What nonsense! The negro always has to "be fair" and put himself on the floor like a fooking door mat! When will you guys stand up with pride and refuse to be the sh1t of the world? In what planet does an employee dictate to his employer where he will be stationed! Try it to your oyibo employer and see what they will do to you.

Nonsense!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

emjay wrote:The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has offered Super Eagles boss, Gernot Rohr a brand new contract, but under tough conditions.

Rohr on his own part is open to listening to offers from other football associations (FA) from January 1, 2020, but the NFF wants to retain the German until after the World Cup in 2022.

According to Complete Sports, the terms and conditions gathered will require that the former Bordeaux player and chief coach “must” live in the country (Lagos or Abuja).

He will also be allowed to travel on vacation only 3 times in a year. Also, the coach will not get an improved pay from his $55,000 per month deal.
The NFF will also ensure, unlike in the past three years where he earned wages tax free, that his income will be levied.

All his selections must be approved by the NFF Technical Committee.

Credit: CompletesportsNigeria

With All these conditions, do you think Rohr will still remain with the eagles?

See more stories Here
I support all the terms of the contract. If he was coaching Germany, he would live in Germany. The Job is in Nigeria, so he should live in Nigeria. If he wants to live in Paris or Germany, he should take a job in those countries.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote:
emjay wrote:The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has offered Super Eagles boss, Gernot Rohr a brand new contract, but under tough conditions.

Rohr on his own part is open to listening to offers from other football associations (FA) from January 1, 2020, but the NFF wants to retain the German until after the World Cup in 2022.

According to Complete Sports, the terms and conditions gathered will require that the former Bordeaux player and chief coach “must” live in the country (Lagos or Abuja).

He will also be allowed to travel on vacation only 3 times in a year. Also, the coach will not get an improved pay from his $55,000 per month deal.
The NFF will also ensure, unlike in the past three years where he earned wages tax free, that his income will be levied.

See more stories Here
I support all the terms of the contract. If he was coaching Germany, he would live in Germany. The Job is in Nigeria, so he should live in Nigeria. If he wants to live in Paris or Germany, he should take a job in those countries.
The job is to coach the Nigerian team.

All Nigerian players and potential prospects are in Europe. It makes no sense for him to live there, it is simply a meaningless symbolic gesture for him to do so.

It's not the same as coaching Germany, because if he coached Germany the majority of players are in that country.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:

See more stories Here
The job is to coach the Nigerian team.

All Nigerian players and potential prospects are in Europe. It makes no sense for him to live there, it is simply a meaningless symbolic gesture for him to do so.

It's not the same as coaching Germany, because if he coached Germany the majority of players are in that country.

All Nigerian players do not live and play in Europe. He lives in France or Germany. How many Nigerian players play there?

All German and French national team players dont play in Germany and France, yet those coaches dont live abroad. I like Rohr, but the NFF should enforce that clause. If it were a Nigerian coach, you would not argue he move to Europe to be closer to the players. He has a scout that lives in Europe. He does not need to live there at Nigeria's expense.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I’ve never understood this preoccupation with where Rohr lives. Please just set success targets for him. If he achieves it (and he has), leave him be.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Betty stash chose to live in Germany..natives :rotf: so **** wants to live in europe , and coach an African team from there :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

There are actually good reasons to have a coach reside in the country where he coaches the nt. However, I believe that Rohr's work with the nt is likely going to force the federation to concede that condition in a negotiation.

So why is it important that he resides in the country where he coaches the nt? Imagery is one reason. Image is important. He is key to building a strong image of the nt with appearances required beyond the field. He cannot do that effectively living in France. I understand that he manages his hotel in France (?) But the nt job is full time and must be treated as such. Second some claim that he has to be in Europe because his players are strewn all over Europe. That is a weak argument. First Europe is not a country. If he has to travel from France to Slovakia to see a player why can't he travel from Abuja to do that? Furthermore, Rohr' job is not just to coach the team. It requires off the field meetings and travels to check on facilities for his team. He cannot use precious training time given in short FIFA windows to do so.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

1naija wrote:

See more stories Here
I agree. The only concerning part of the terms, for me, is the so-called technical committee 'vetting' his selections. I don't trust those folks at all.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cally wrote:
1naija wrote:

See more stories Here
I agree. The only concerning part of the terms, for me, is the so-called technical committee 'vetting' his selections. I don't trust those folks at all.
Cally,
KPOM. That one is onerous and no coach should agree to that. I think it is there as anconcessional item.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Can't understand the debate about where he should reside.

I have always argued he should be based in Nigeria, in charge of the CHAN. If he doesn't like the terms and conditions of the new contract, last time, i read, Rohr was in huge demand, after his success in Afcon.

He might has well, take up those offers.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:I’ve never understood this preoccupation with where Rohr lives. Please just set success targets for him. If he achieves it (and he has), leave him be.
Where do you work and where do you live?

What you will not ask your white massa for, you want the black man to give to a white man. smdh!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:Can't understand the debate about where he should reside.

I have always argued he should be based in Nigeria, in charge of the CHAN. If he doesn't like the terms and conditions of the new contract, last time, i read, Rohr was in huge demand, after his success in Afcon.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:

You pipul sef.

Among you, BigTurkey, Fabio, I don't know who is the bigger Rohr fan. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You pipul sef.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, 'Big Turkey?' Na wa-oo! I go jus die hia one day becos of lafta
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:I’ve never understood this preoccupation with where Rohr lives. Please just set success targets for him. If he achieves it (and he has), leave him be.

What you will not ask your white massa for, you want the black man to give to a white man. smdh!
I go into the office about half the time. Rest of the time, I’m home. Set targets for Rohr. The targets will determine his conduct. Preoccupation with where he lives is ridiculous
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

In all, I think Rohr should live in Nigeria. That is where his job is and it's the appropriate thing to do. The NFF is right on this one. If Rohr turns down the job based on the clause. I believe he will blame himself later
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I go into the office about half the time. Rest of the time, I’m home. Set targets for Rohr. The targets will determine his conduct. Preoccupation with where he lives is ridiculous
You dont seem interested or capable of answering questions. My question was:

Are you willing to answer my question?

If **** wants to go into his office at the NFF building half the time and the rest of the time, fvcck ashawo at his house in Victoria Islands, that is his prerogative.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:In all, I think Rohr should live in Nigeria. That is where his job is and it's the appropriate thing to do. The NFF is right on this one. If Rohr turns down the job based on the clause. I believe he will blame himself later
This is not even up for debate! His boss has given him a directive and he will abide by it. I know it may shock him and his disciples that a black man has the audacity to direct him, but he will be directed! So long as we pay his salary, he will be directed and he will do as we say! Simple as that! He has no say in this matter.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You pipul sef.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: