Stat of the day 20/12/21. Westerhof won only 2 away matches

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet
Stat of the day 20/12/21. Westerhof won only 2 away matches

Post by megapro »

Good morning CE

Westerhof is undoubtedly Nigeria's most successful coach but in his 5 years at the helm he won only two Away games for Nigeria

Winning away in international games is tough
The better coaches get near 50%

Nigeria Coaches in competitive matches away

Westerhof 2/11
18%
3 losses

Keshi 3/9
33%
1 loss

Amodu 6/11
55%
Undefeated

Rohr 8/12
67%
Undefeated
:clap:

www.megapro24.wordpress.com
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Stat of the day 20/12/21. Westerhof won only 2 away matches

Post by vancity eagle »

It is lie to say nothing good came from Rohr. I appreciated the many things he accomplished with the SE. But coaching SE had left him. We needed to move on.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:31 am It is lie to say nothing good came from Rohr. I appreciated the many things he accomplished with the SE. But coaching SE had left him. We needed to move on.
Rohr started his stint very well I won't even lie... how it all went wrong after the 2018 world cup is what I'll never understand, yet Rohr wasn't half as bad if we use the benefit of hindsight to properly access him... his biggest problem was his poor in-game management, tactical inflexibility and unwillingness to adjust his game.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:31 am It is lie to say nothing good came from Rohr. I appreciated the many things he accomplished with the SE. But coaching SE had left him. We needed to move on.
Did anyone say nothing good came from Rohr?

When he came we did not qualify for two AFCON
He qualified for the next two. Both with game(s) to spare
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:34 am
Rohr started his stint very well I won't even lie... how it all went wrong after the 2018 world cup is what I'll never understand, yet Rohr wasn't half as bad if we use the benefit of hindsight to properly access him... his biggest problem was his poor in-game management, tactical inflexibility and unwillingness to adjust his game.
His sights and targets were only to sit at the top of his qualifying groups
That is what counts
I believe he achieved those
megapro 2012:
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

megapro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:11 am Good morning CE

Westerhof is undoubtedly Nigeria's most successful coach but in his 5 years at the helm he won only two Away games for Nigeria

Winning away in international games is tough
The better coaches get near 50%

Nigeria Coaches in competitive matches away

Westerhof 2/11
18%
3 losses

Keshi 3/9
33%
1 loss

Amodu 6/11
55%
Undefeated

Rohr 8/12
67%
Undefeated
:clap:

www.megapro24.wordpress.com
Westerhof
Benin 1:0
Congo 1:0

Keshi
Kenya 1:0
Ethiopia 2:1
Congo 2:0

Amodu
Sudan 4:0
Namibia 1:0
Sierra Leone 1:0
Equatorial Guinea 1:0
South Africa 1:0
Kenya 3:2

Rohr
Zambia 2:1
Seychelles 3:0
Libya 3:2
Lesotho 4:2
Cape Verde 2:1
CAR 2:0
Liberia 2:0
megapro 2012:
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

After 2018

Will you say winning 5 games in AFCON 2019 is failure?
4 victims were ex champions, including defending champions

He won bronze
Many are praying Eguavien gets to the SF
megapro 2012:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Even with the above weakness, he has one of the better records of all our managers, foreign and local. The team has gone through some changes in personnel since 2018 and a few of the regular players have aged or lost form. Give the guy some credit. My only beef with him is the team’s playing style. It is not pretty on the eye.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

megapro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:35 am

Dem plenti. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Reading the comments before and esp after his sacking, you can be forgiven for thinking he was the greatest disaster ever to have befallen Nigerian football.
Perspectives totally out of proportion.

But read the threads when they sacked Keshi.
They were no different. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

megapro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:20 am
After 2018

He won bronze
The coach of Algeria (the current one) whom Rohr had a coaching head start over and is barely 2-3 years as coach of Algeria has not only won an AFCON trophy for Algeria, he has also won the Arab cup, gotten Algeria to have a playing style, and has led Algeria so far so on an impressive 39 match unbeaten steak... apparently there's something he was doing right that we don't know about, but I bet he wasn't telling his players that "they were still a young team and learning" as an excuse to lose or struggle against every Madagascar, CAR, Cape Verde, Sierra-Leone etc... apart from our 2018 WCQ group where we had qualified ahead of a badly coached Algerian, Cameroonian and Zambian team, we (I mean Rohr) has had it lucky to have been grouped with relatively easy teams in other qualifiers... yet we somehow made a big deal out of those groups...
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:36 am
After 2018

He won bronze
The coach of Algeria (the current one) whom Rohr had a coaching head start over and is barely 2-3 years as coach of Algeria has not only won an AFCON trophy for Algeria, he has also won the Arab cup, gotten Algeria to have a playing style, and has led Algeria so far so on an impressive 39 match unbeaten steak... apparently there's something he was doing right that we don't know about, but I bet he wasn't telling his players that "they were still a young team and learning" as an excuse to lose or struggle against every Madagascar, CAR, Cape Verde, Sierra-Leone etc... apart from our 2018 WCQ group where we had qualified ahead of a badly coached Algerian, Cameroonian and Zambian team, we (I mean Rohr) has had it lucky to have been grouped with relatively easy teams in other qualifiers... yet we somehow made a big deal out of those groups...
Stop the false information! He (Belmadi) did not coach in Arab cup it was his assistant - Madjid Bougherra. A bit like crediting Rohr had Salisu Yusuf won the 2018 CHAN. Abeg, make your point with the correct facts.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:15 pm
After 2018

He won bronze
Stop the false information! He (Belmadi) did not coach in Arab cup it was his assistant - Madjid Bougherra. A bit like crediting Rohr had Salisu Yusuf won the 2018 CHAN. Abeg, make your point with the correct facts.
Same thing, the point remains Belmadi has instilled a WINNING mentality, DNA and philosophy in that Algerian team that the result is a chain reaction of success, instead of pointing out who won the Arab cup or not, why not dispute every other point I made?

Belmadi in less than a year as coach of Algeria won the AFCON

He has brought a superb playing style to the Algerian NT in a very short time, Rohr was 6 or so years as SE coach and we still couldn't define a playing style under him till date.

When an Assistant coach is as good as the main coach by learning his coaching philosophy and winning with it, then you know you're in for the real deal.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:22 pm
After 2018

He won bronze
Same thing, the point remains Belmadi has instilled a WINNING mentality, DNA and philosophy in that Algerian team that the result is a chain reaction of success, instead of pointing out who won the Arab cup or not, why not dispute every other point I made?

He has brought a superb playing style to the Algerian NT in a very short time, Rohr was 6 or so years as SE coach and we still couldn't define a playing style under him till date.

When an Assistant coach is as good as the main coach by learning his coaching philosophy and winning with it, then you know you're in for the real deal.
Yeah but you still have to keep your facts as accurate as possible.
Even your statement “six or so years in charge” is way off the mark.

The case against Rohr can always be made without denigrating his achievements or exaggerating the achievements of others just to make him look as bad as possible.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:33 pm
After 2018

He won bronze

The case against Rohr can always be made without denigrating his achievements or exaggerating the achievements of others just to make him look as bad as possible.
What are Rohrs achievements? topping a group of "minnows" with a game to spare, winning the golden bronze?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:49 pm

After 2018

He won bronze

What are Rohrs achievements? topping a group of "minnows" with a game to spare, winning the golden bronze?
What you mentioned above clearly puts Rohr among Nigeria's top 5 coaches. Any you claim Belmadi inputted the winning mentality in this Arab Cup team, so have you ever attributed Nigeria's to the CHAN final in 2018 to Rohr? It is definitely not the samething as there players involved were vastly different from the main Algerian team.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

games vs CAR and Liberia , were in Cameroon and Morocco .. both neutral venues

just look at the trash teams
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am
megapro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:35 am

Dem plenti. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Reading the comments before and esp after his sacking, you can be forgiven for thinking he was the greatest disaster ever to have befallen Nigerian football.
Perspectives totally out of proportion.

But read the threads when they sacked Keshi.
They were no different. :oops:
Don't go delving into hyperbole.

Name the people who stated that NOTHING good came from ****?

You guys keep parroting a false narrative that no one espoused.

**** isn't capable of taking Naijaria to great(er) heights. I have stated here repeatedly that he is like a triage paramedic who stabilizes a patient. You don't because he was good at stabilizing the patient now allow him to continue to treat the patient.

He should pass the patient off to people who can do more for the patient.

Again, **** is incapable of taking us to the heights we aspire to reach. I know that some of you don't want us to aspire for greatness... you are very comfortable being ok and also rans. But since the World Cup when you asked for patience, his teams have regressed. You have opened threads espousing the same opinion but not directly.

A Chelsea fan like you should not be acting like a darn Arsenal fan... this is rather unbecoming. :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

After 2018

He won bronze
Did we qualify
Or not?!?
megapro 2012:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

megapro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:56 pm
After 2018

He won bronze
Did we qualify
Or not?!?
Is qualification an achievement for Naijaria?

Do we go to tournaments to get COP?

Listen to yourself man. What makes you a different African in Germany than other Africans in Germany?

Are you just happy to be in Germany?

Why don't you celebrate just escaping from Naijaria? Why do you strive to achieve the heights you have achieved. Why not just be content just escaping from Naijaria?

Dude told you all he is taking Naijaria, not Niger Republic to the World Cup to learn?!! And you all didn't challenge him on that statement.

He is crowing that he won Bronze at the AFCON in his first try and you all didn't tell him that it is the minimum expectation of the coach of the Naijarian National Men's Team, The Super Eagles.

You lose to CAR at home, but we qualified.
Draw Sierra Leone at home, but we qualified.

You have to set expectations high. Because we are Naijaria!

We are not Niger Republic, Benin, Central African Republic or even Madaf#$%ingascar.

We are Naijaria.

Yes, we are that arrogant. And a coach that doesn't coach with the same arrogance should not be coaching us.

Don't you get it?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Figures don't lie, liars can figure. Lesson from my Sociology lecturer, stuck with me ever since.

Rohr has the best away win record and win ratio ever (we can give him a trophy for this achievements).

In tournament ranking, Pa Oni is better than Rohr!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

After 2018

He won bronze

He had only one AFCON tournament to play
Westerhof qualified 92 and 94
Won 94 (the third)
Keshi won 13 and DNQ 15

Golden Bronze

What are your expectations and target for Eguavoen
megapro 2012:
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:37 pm games vs CAR and Liberia , were in Cameroon and Morocco .. both neutral venues

just look at the trash teams
The NFF or the other teams had control of the tickets?
megapro 2012:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

megapro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:08 pm

After 2018

He won bronze

He had only one AFCON tournament to play
Westerhof qualified 92 and 94
Won 94 (the third)
Keshi won 13 and DNQ 15

Golden Bronze

What are your expectations and target for Eguavoen
Like always, at least the semi-finals.

Even when we took a hastily assembled team after the banning of NNB boys and Keshi boys. That was and is the expectation.

Eguavoen won't be under any illusion that he is going there to learn.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...