With Ndidi off limits, Arsenal turns its attention to Aribo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
With Ndidi off limits, Arsenal turns its attention to Aribo

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Arsenal turns its attention to Joe Aribo in desperate bid to shore up its porous midfield - See more at: https://bit.ly/39sZbZv

It appears that the Gunners are getting real desperate now. In all fairness, they tried to sign Aribo last season before he joined Glasgow Rangers but I am not sure he is the solution to their problems as at the moment, Arsenal need a pure defensive midfielder like Ndidi or Azeez, who will do nothing but sit in front of the back four.

Aribo is a box-to-box midfielder and not a defensive shield. This is what happens when the wheels fall off the canon, it becomes rudderless and veers aimlessly in every direction.

Arsenal need a complete back four and an anchorman. Further up the pitch, they only need new players if they are replacing departing ones, so yes, they can buy Osimhen to replace Aubameyang when he leaves.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: With Ndidi off limits, Arsenal turns its attention to Ar

Post by charlie »

Arsenal's first and only priority should be a world class center back.
They need an anchor in that defense they can rely on.

Of course they also need 2 wing backs and a bonafide defensive midfielder, but their priority needs to be a center back, or 2.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal turns its attention to Joe Aribo in desperate bid to shore up its porous midfield - See more at: https://bit.ly/39sZbZv

It appears that the Gunners are getting real desperate now. In all fairness, they tried to sign Aribo last season before he joined Glasgow Rangers but I am not sure he is the solution to their problems as at the moment, Arsenal need a pure defensive midfielder like Ndidi or Azeez, who will do nothing but sit in front of the back four.

Aribo is a box-to-box midfielder and not a defensive shield. This is what happens when the wheels fall off the canon, it becomes rudderless and veers aimlessly in every direction.

Arsenal need a complete back four and an anchorman. Further up the pitch, they only need new players if they are replacing departing ones, so yes, they can buy Osimhen to replace Aubameyang when he leaves.
If they still couldn't get get Aribo, who next Etebo? Msshheeww It's the beginning of a new decade, stop the fake news
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: me sef need to become junk journalist 2020 ooo...just make up something and pass it off as news
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They were never looking for Ndidí they could never get him, they were just selling a dummy to their gullible fans, Aribo is more like it. But then they are now even saying Xhaka is not going anywhere, so I guess it is the same double talk from the club as usual.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho