Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39266
Location: Land of the Terrapins
vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
For all of those criticizing his move to Stoke, what were his options at the time? IIRC, he joined before the world cup. IS any one privvy to the firm offers that he turned down for the move to Stoke? He is 23, heading back to La Liga, the championship gave him a good amount of exposure. Some people are talking as if his career is over.



why not wait til after the world cup ?

stupid.


Nothing in life is guaranteed, it’s easy in hindsight.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14215
Location: South London
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Etebo, Aribo,Onazi(if he regains form) will battle for the other MF position alongside Ndidi fir years to come. However, Ejaria might just beat them all to if he contues his trajectory and picks Nigeria. We're blessed.

Ok

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2252
with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2446
Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. One can only wonder how much more refined Etebo's game would be if he had the opportunity to play under more established coaches. The likes of Ndidi, Mikel, and Ekong improved quite a bit after moving to bigger clubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39266
Location: Land of the Terrapins
chief nfachairman wrote:
with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.


You think his move was SE related? I doubt it, he would still start for SE as long as he's better than those guys regardless where he plays. But his team is in relegation and need to get rid of high earners, so I understand the move with an option for Getafe to buy.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14215
Location: South London
maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.


You think his move was SE related? I doubt it, he would still start for SE as long as he's better than those guys regardless where he plays. But his team is in relegation and need to get rid of high earners, so I understand the move with an option for Getafe to buy.

It’s a career defining move but it’ll improve his chances of being a regular for Nigeria!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39266
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Eaglezbeak wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.


You think his move was SE related? I doubt it, he would still start for SE as long as he's better than those guys regardless where he plays. But his team is in relegation and need to get rid of high earners, so I understand the move with an option for Getafe to buy.

It’s a career defining move but it’ll improve his chances of being a regular for Nigeria!


I agree but nfachair is off base making it about SE it’s stoke that’s trying to reduce their wage bill:

https://app.football-espana.net/?referr ... pana-82533

Quote:
However, Etebo started just eight league games this campaign and Stoke - struggling in England’s second tier - needed to reduce their wage bill.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14333
niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Going to Stoke was the dumbest career move he could have made.

I said same thing then and his agent was cursing me out. I wonder how he feels now?


Who is his agent?


You wan start world war III for CEs??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14333
chief nfachairman wrote:
with Azeez (Laliga), Aribo (Rangers), and Agu (Europa) bringing hot competition, he knew he couldnt stay in Stoke any longer. I expected this type of move this window.


Good morin, Sir! :D

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39266
Location: Land of the Terrapins

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9479
Interesting press conference.

He said he was supposed to move to watford after Las Palmas got relegated but then stoke approached him with what looked like a good project and they wanted him badly, so he chose stoke city.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2446
Etebo is a good player. I really hope he breaks into the starting 11 at Getafe. This is the kind of move many felt he should have made 2 or 3 years ago


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3522
Exciting.
We haven’t seen the best of this kid. And I’m not sure he’s even found his best position yet.
His engine, his drive and his ability to play so many positions on the field make him a huge asset.
The Stoke experiment didn’t work out. But it looks like he’s pulled the plug after 1.5 seasons so no big loss.
Good luck to the lad.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5711
GoodLuck


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2446
He came on today in the 69th minute in a Copa Del Rey game against Badalona, a 2nd division team. Getafe surprisingly lost 2-0.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18001
waka-man wrote:
Exciting.
We haven’t seen the best of this kid. And I’m not sure he’s even found his best position yet.
His engine, his drive and his ability to play so many positions on the field make him a huge asset.
The Stoke experiment didn’t work out. But it looks like he’s pulled the plug after 1.5 seasons so no big loss.
Good luck to the lad.



his best position is behind the striker in a Okazaki type role. Helping the defense and attack as needed.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group