Etebo heading to Laliga(Getafe)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Etebo heading to Laliga(Getafe)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... bo-3699319
Peter Etebo's Stoke City exit is set to be confirmed as he joins Getafe on loan with a purchase option.

The 24-year-old Nigeria midfielder was a prominent player under Nathan Jones but fell out of favour when Michael O'Neill took charge in November. He recovered from injury but there was a hint that he had not done enough in training to warrant selection.

He had not played for Stoke since limping out of a defeat at Sheffield Wednesday in October and is now understood to be waiting for a visa to complete his move to Spain.

It is not likely to be rushed through in time so he could face Real Madrid on Saturday but Getafe hope he will be involved in the cup against Badalona the following weekend.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Etebo heading to Laliga

Post by vancity eagle »

Going to Stoke was the dumbest career move he could have made.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's a loan. Hopefully he finds a buyer in la Liga.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hope it's true. Getafe is a solid team. Stoke on the other hand may be relegated to league one.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:Going to Stoke was the dumbest career move he could have made.
With hindsight, he should never have gone there. But the £££££ draw is too much to resist.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.google.com/search?q=la+liga ... qx;st;fp;1;;

they are 2 points away from the champs league spot in La-Liga
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

vancity eagle wrote:Going to Stoke was the dumbest career move he could have made.
playing 2nd division football in a club with no hope of getting promoted this season or next.

Our boys should always think twice before jumping on just any english offers - i know the money can be tempting in the short term - but should also consider if honestly their career and football abilities is suited to the english fast pace style . Balogun is another one wasting in Brighton
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Etebo heading to Laliga(Getafe)

Post by Rawlings »

He could not make it in Division 2; Little hope he will make it in La Liiga
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I said same thing then and his agent was cursing me out. I wonder how he feels now?
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Dammy wrote:
I said same thing then and his agent was cursing me out. I wonder how he feels now?
Who is his agent?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Who is his agent?
FYI, anyone who doesn’t agree with dammy’s opinion is an “agent”. When I criticized Rohr for Rohr for dropping Iheanacho, he declared that I am Nacho’s agent :roll: ❗️

Cheers.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Valid question. Etebo since he's been in Europe has played for teams below his level: Feirense, Las Palmas and Stoke. Sometimes though you have to go with the offers available.
niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Who is his agent?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

olu wrote:Valid question. Etebo since he's been in Europe has played for teams below his level: Feirense, Las Palmas and Stoke. Sometimes though you have to go with the offers available.
niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Who is his agent?
He needs to fire his agent
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I know..how dare he turn down Man U and Madrid for..Stoke? :evil: ..... :roll:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Who is his agent?
... Bigpokey24 :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But it made him hungry now he’s on his way to a team that is currently 6th in La liga a year and a half later so......?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Who is his agent?
FYI, anyone who doesn’t agree with dammy’s opinion is an “agent”. When I criticized Rohr for Rohr for dropping Iheanacho, he declared that I am Nacho’s agent :roll: ❗️

Cheers.
Haaa! TTK, you have started the new year like this! Please show evidence to the forum of where I accused you of being an agent!
I am happy
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

How football signings take place is one of those mysteries to me.

Case in point - What is a player like Said Benrahma (The Algerian Messi) doing at lowly Brentford? Unbelievable!

Said Benrahma

"The exciting Algerian has been on Smith's transfer list all summer long but the priority next to his name has wavered from week to week. Now, after letting Green move to Deepdale on loan, Villa have just three out-and-out wingers to play in the two wide areas. Yes, Jonathan Kodjia can fill in but last week's injury to Anwar El Ghazi would have been a wake-up.

Villa need more options and Benrahma is the man in the frame after a spell-binding first season with Brentford. Smith worked with the 23-year-old last summer after signing him for as little as £1.5million. The Bees, meanwhile, who are known for being shrewd in the market, have signed right-winger Bryan Mbuemo from Ligue 2 side Troyes. The stumbling block in the Benrahma-to-Villa deal, though, is price. Thomas Frank and Brentford are demanding a sky-high figure as much as £25million with Villa only keen to do a deal at between £15million and £20million. This deal could go right up until the wire."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... y-16715096
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

cchinukw wrote:How football signings take place is one of those mysteries to me.

Case in point - What is a player like Said Benrahma (The Algerian Messi) doing at lowly Brentford? Unbelievable!

Said Benrahma

"The exciting Algerian has been on Smith's transfer list all summer long but the priority next to his name has wavered from week to week. Now, after letting Green move to Deepdale on loan, Villa have just three out-and-out wingers to play in the two wide areas. Yes, Jonathan Kodjia can fill in but last week's injury to Anwar El Ghazi would have been a wake-up.

Villa need more options and Benrahma is the man in the frame after a spell-binding first season with Brentford. Smith worked with the 23-year-old last summer after signing him for as little as £1.5million. The Bees, meanwhile, who are known for being shrewd in the market, have signed right-winger Bryan Mbuemo from Ligue 2 side Troyes. The stumbling block in the Benrahma-to-Villa deal, though, is price. Thomas Frank and Brentford are demanding a sky-high figure as much as £25million with Villa only keen to do a deal at between £15million and £20million. This deal could go right up until the wire."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... y-16715096
Bad bad agents
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

For all of those criticizing his move to Stoke, what were his options at the time? IIRC, he joined before the world cup. IS any one privvy to the firm offers that he turned down for the move to Stoke? He is 23, heading back to La Liga, the championship gave him a good amount of exposure. Some people are talking as if his career is over.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:For all of those criticizing his move to Stoke, what were his options at the time? IIRC, he joined before the world cup. IS any one privvy to the firm offers that he turned down for the move to Stoke? He is 23, heading back to La Liga, the championship gave him a good amount of exposure. Some people are talking as if his career is over.
Don't mind them, 2 years later going back to the same La Liga with a much better team and a much bigger paycheck and people are here complaining...
Last edited by maceo4 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Etebo, Aribo,Onazi(if he regains form) will battle for the other MF position alongside Ndidi fir years to come. However, Ejaria might just beat them all to if he contues his trajectory and picks Nigeria. We're blessed.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:For all of those criticizing his move to Stoke, what were his options at the time? IIRC, he joined before the world cup. IS any one privvy to the firm offers that he turned down for the move to Stoke? He is 23, heading back to La Liga, the championship gave him a good amount of exposure. Some people are talking as if his career is over.

why not wait til after the world cup ?

stupid.