Meanwhile (Isaac Success)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
Meanwhile (Isaac Success)

Post by Polly »

Isaac was today (Thursday) involved in Watford's preseason match against Ajax, replacing Stefano Okaka for the second half. His contributions:

One assist (for a shot on goal)
Committed two fouls
Won two free kicks

Ajax won 2-1
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Meanwhile (Isaac Success)

Post by mcal »

...next stop SE call up. Agents must be mad.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Even in preseason bobo is still coming on as a sub
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Agent work no easy o!
Peter Obi For President 2023
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Another talent we are gradually losing
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hopefully he gets better ....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He’s lost weight though, we thank God.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

At least he's with Watford - miles better than a bench job on a B team in a backwater league in Europe. With hard work his career will get back on track.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

As winger maybe - his career as a striker has not taken off. Make im and Kalu, Chukwueze and Onyekuro plus Moses and Musa fight for the winger positions.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Talented but lazy player.
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Siddonlook11 wrote:As winger maybe - his career as a striker has not taken off. Make im and Kalu, Chukwueze and Onyekuro plus Moses and Musa fight for the winger positions.
He grew up as a natural goal poacher.
I really wonder what happened.
The competition on the SE wings is fierce and one wonders what chance he really has.
Imagine he had grown on the same trajectory from his U17 days....he'd stroll into the SE first eleven
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:As winger maybe - his career as a striker has not taken off. Make im and Kalu, Chukwueze and Onyekuro plus Moses and Musa fight for the winger positions.
He grew up as a natural goal poacher.
I really wonder what happened.
The competition on the SE wings is fierce and one wonders what chance he really has.
Imagine he had grown on the same trajectory from his U17 days....he'd stroll into the SE first eleven
Fierce in what way pleaseee....how many goals or assist did the SE so called wingers make at the Afcon?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The opposite is actually true. When deployed as a striker, he actually plays well. Got some good goals in Watford's deep FA cup run last season. He is naturally a striker. It ia when he is deployed on the wings that he appears to struggle. Let's see how this season plays out. I haven't lost faith in him yet.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bushboy wrote:
The opposite is actually true. When deployed as a striker, he actually plays well. Got some good goals in Watford's deep FA cup run last season. He is naturally a striker. It ia when he is deployed on the wings that he appears to struggle. Let's see how this season plays out. I haven't lost faith in him yet.

How many years are we going to wait for this boy to put together a decent season? He’s not relevant to SE until he put together a good season. We have way too many reliable players to gamble on him. He should be ashamed that the likes of Onuachu made it to Afcon before he did.Really!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

bushboy wrote:
Most Oyinbo teams train strikers ( future strikers ) that way to make them "complete" strikers play them on the wings especially when established strikers exist in the team and the good ones always find a way to shine even from the wings.

As you confirm - Isaac struggles a lot from the wing and I believe this is a test his coach needs him to pass , I agree with you , hopefully this season he does pass.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I'm afraid Isaac has lost the plot. Any game he plays consists of drawing one or two fouls from attempted/interrupted dribbles, and/or committing fouls from attempted defence.

Winger or striker, one wants to hear about shots on goal/penetrating passes, or goals resulting from his assistance. In the past two seasons, he has lacked less and less of these. He also has no presence on dead balls. For a guy who came so highly advertised from the juniors, his time may be running out.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Polly wrote:I'm afraid Isaac has lost the plot. Any game he plays consists of drawing one or two fouls from attempted/interrupted dribbles, and/or committing fouls from attempted defence.

Winger or striker, one wants to hear about shots on goal/penetrating passes, or goals resulting from his assistance. In the past two seasons, he has lacked less and less of these. He also has no presence on dead balls. For a guy who came so highly advertised from the juniors, his time may be running out.
Ol boy the thing has been so frustrating, on top of all this he got fat and slow. Luckily now he lost weight, he posted some pre-season pics on IG and even Omeruo commended him on his weight loss. Hopefully he's turned the corner and will have a good season, seems coach and club still believe in him, which is what you need most...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

On the other hand, Iheanacho seems to be gradually getting back to form, scored a rare header against Cambridge United yesterday in a Pre Season friendly and had Leicester fans hailing him on their forum. Apparently, he's lost weight and is all round game has improved.
I am happy
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Dammy wrote:On the other hand, Iheanacho seems to be gradually getting back to form, scored a rare header against Cambridge United yesterday in a Pre Season friendly and had Leicester fans hailing him on their forum. Apparently, he's lost weight and is all round game has improved.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Dammy wrote:On the other hand, Iheanacho seems to be gradually getting back to form, scored a rare header against Cambridge United yesterday in a Pre Season friendly and had Leicester fans hailing him on their forum. Apparently, he's lost weight and is all round game has improved.
I think the point is that it was a header.
Nuttin spoil.
He needs every encouragement he can get.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
I think the point is that it was a header.
Nuttin spoil.
He needs every encouragement he can get.
Thank you o! I thought this forum was meant to support Nigerian players and not ridicule them.
I am happy
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Actually, I think Nacho is going to be very good this year. Consider this a spoiler.