Samson Siasia Appeals for Funds as CAS Gives Date.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Samson Siasia Appeals for Funds as CAS Gives Date.......

Post by Enugu II »

ONLY $200 RAISED AS SIASIA SEEKS ‘GoFundMe’ HELP FOR CAS APPEAL
9 HOURS AGO
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/202 ... as-appeal/
Twitter Facebook Google + Linkedin Comments
BY KUNLE SOLAJA.

As at Monday morning, only $200 have been raised in a target of $250,000 that former Nigeria player and coach, Samson Siasia is seeking to pursue at the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

Sports Village Square recalls that Siasia had on Saturday approached an American for profit crown funding platform, ‘GoFundMe’ to raise money to fight his legal battle.

GoFundMe, Sports Village Square reports, allows people to raise money for events ranging from life events such as celebrations and graduations to challenging circumstances like accidents and illnesses. From 2010 to 2017, over $5 billion was raised on the platform from 50 million donors.

The platform under an appeal code ‘Help Samson Siasia clear his name at FIFA’ reports that

Siasia has been alleged “to agree to collect bribe” in relation to a football match.

He was subsequently banned for life from all footballing activities, without the benefit of defending himself.

The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) has now accepted an appeal from Samson on FIFA’s ruling.

His legal cost of defending himself is needed for him to clear his name. Siasia, the organizer, is reportedly based at Hatfield, East of England, United Kingdom.

When Sports Village Square checked the platform on Monday morning, the only donor was one Benson Ejindu who donated $200 of the targeted $250,000.

Before the appeal was launched on ‘GoFundMe’, former Nigerian international, Kingsley Onye had in a telephone interview told Sports Village Square that he would like current and former international Nigerian footballers to come to aid of the embattled Siasia.

Onye and Siasia were members of the Nigerian Under-20 team that won the third place in the then Soviet Union at the 1985 World Youth Championship, a competition that has since been renamed FIFA U20 World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Samson Siasia Appeals for Funds as CAS Gives Date.......

Post by Enugu II »

SAMSON SIASIA GETS CAS DATE
4 HOURS AGO
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/202 ... -cas-date/

A date has been fixed for the hearing of appeal filed by former Nigeria footballer and coach, Samson Siasia at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

According to adantesport.com.ng, a panel of jurists that will hear the appeal has been set up.

SportingLife further reports that that the CAS hearing will take place at the CAS Court Office, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012, Lausanne, Switzerland on March 19, 2020.

CAS wrote Siasia on December 27, 2019 inviting him and FIFA representatives and their witnesses to appear at the hearing which will hold at 9.30 hours Swiss time.

The Arbitral panel is called upon to resolve the dispute between Samson Siasia and FIFA.

The embattled former Eagles Coach has once again solicited for financial support from all and sundry, friends and eminent Nigerians to help him raise funds to be able to attend the CAS hearing in order to clear his name concerning the FIFA allegations.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sorry, but why would he need a quarter of a million dollars to defend himself in front of a panel?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:Sorry, but why would he need a quarter of a million dollars to defend himself in front of a panel?
Chief Damunk: Though I am NOT an attorney, but your choice of word (panel) is confusing. A PANEL could be, or comprises of Lawyers/Judges - sometimes.

In this case, maybe such amount (estimated) might be needed because HIGH PROFILE attorneys are required to present the case and to appeal to the next level if necessary.

Oya, CE membas, make evribodi bring him smol moni make we helep Siasia, dats all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:Sorry, but why would he need a quarter of a million dollars to defend himself in front of a panel?
Chief Damunk: Though I am NOT an attorney, but your choice of word (panel) is confusing. A PANEL could be, or comprises of Lawyers/Judges - sometimes.

In this case, maybe such amount (estimated) might be needed because HIGH PROFILE attorneys are required to present the case and to appeal to the next level if necessary.

Oya, CE membas, make evribodi bring him smol moni make we helep Siasia, dats all
Odas...yes I get all that but I still don't get why he needs $250,000.
For starters, he doesn't need a high profile 'Johnny Cochran'-type lawyer.

Personally I'd recommend our very own Aruako1 or Gotti.
I'm sure they can give him an O ṣe'wọ price. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

$250k :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: smh... I don’t blame him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why are you so concerned about the money? Did you contribute? Or you want some of it....what's your business with amount requested for? Did you click on the GoFundMe page to see the actual amount? Or you just went with the article and passed judgment?..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He needs $100k not $250k.
Breakdown: $50k for fine
extra $50k to appeal
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Purity wrote:He needs $100k not $250k.
Breakdown: $50k for fine
extra $50k to appeal
Extra 150 for chop?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:$250k :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: smh... I don’t blame him.
Bros, you are a Lawyer, why don't you get few of your colleagues and volunteer to represent Siasia?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Odas...yes I get all that but I still don't get why he needs $250,000.
For starters, he doesn't need a high profile 'Johnny Cochran'-type lawyer.

Personally I'd recommend our very own Aruako1 or Gotti.
I'm sure they can give him an O ṣe'wọ price. :D
Damunk: I agree the requested amount 'seems' high, but if he fails in the initial stage, will he put up another 'GoFundMe' campaign to request for more money?

On the other hand, isn't Siasia responsible for his flight fares, feeding and accommodation while the hearings or protocols and et al. are going on?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the hearing is in Europe, therefore he need travel money with his contingent of counselors.
Lodging for him and them.
How long they will stay, who knows.
Anyway, good luck to him.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

What's the pretext to this? If I donate, what am I consenting to? Does it mean I believe he's innocent or plain just helping a brother out. Some people may not want to donate unless they know he's justified in defending himself. Like two friends in a fight and one is asking you to support him without proving why. They may just be testing his popularity, perhaps they should have started this right after the news came out when it was still fresh.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

I always tell people that it costs plenty money to prove your innocence. That na why in this life so many people dey plead guilty just to get on with their life.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cmoke wrote:I always tell people that it costs plenty money to prove your innocence. That na why in this life so many people dey plead guilty just to get on with their life.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you are so right
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cmoke wrote:I always tell people that it costs plenty money to prove your innocence. That na why in this life so many people dey plead guilty just to get on with their life.
Cmoke, you are correct and hence many people are in prison for crimes they didn't commit. In fact, even in local communities, the village elders decide cases against those who doesn't grease their hands, periodically. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In this case, what is Siasia guilty of? Without money, will he survive? Fingers are crossed!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:What's the pretext to this? If I donate, what am I consenting to? Does it mean I believe he's innocent or plain just helping a brother out. Some people may not want to donate unless they know he's justified in defending himself. Like two friends in a fight and one is asking you to support him without proving why. They may just be testing his popularity, perhaps they should have started this right after the news came out when it was still fresh.
Well said.
Or like a politician accused by the EFCC.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Wow. He was on TV a few weeks ago appealing to his fans to come and support him. This is serious.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Lolly wrote:Wow. He was on TV a few weeks ago appealing to his fans to come and support him. This is serious.
Did he say anything? I'm one of his biggest fans but I think this fundraising isn't going through the roof cos people don't know what they're supporting. It's been a few months and the emotions and shock are now out of it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Shame on CE and the likes of damunk and that uncle Tom Tom pajimoh...yall can't even help with the GoFundMe
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Shame on CE and the likes of damunk and that uncle Tom Tom pajimoh...yall can't even help with the GoFundMe
Why should I help with the GoFundMe when I don't even believe his hands are clean.
Why you no contribute, instead of carrying shewens upandan? :idea:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Shame on CE and the likes of damunk and that uncle Tom Tom pajimoh...yall can't even help with the GoFundMe
Why should I help with the GoFundMe when I don't even believe his hands are clean.
So you've already convicted him?...smh
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
So you've already convicted him?...smh
BP, I checked, you haven't donated, abeg do the needful! :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!