Samson Siasia Appeals for Funds as CAS Gives Date.......

ONLY $200 RAISED AS SIASIA SEEKS ‘GoFundMe’ HELP FOR CAS APPEAL
9 HOURS AGO
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/202 ... as-appeal/
Twitter Facebook Google + Linkedin Comments
BY KUNLE SOLAJA.

As at Monday morning, only $200 have been raised in a target of $250,000 that former Nigeria player and coach, Samson Siasia is seeking to pursue at the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).

Sports Village Square recalls that Siasia had on Saturday approached an American for profit crown funding platform, ‘GoFundMe’ to raise money to fight his legal battle.

GoFundMe, Sports Village Square reports, allows people to raise money for events ranging from life events such as celebrations and graduations to challenging circumstances like accidents and illnesses. From 2010 to 2017, over $5 billion was raised on the platform from 50 million donors.

The platform under an appeal code ‘Help Samson Siasia clear his name at FIFA’ reports that

Siasia has been alleged “to agree to collect bribe” in relation to a football match.

He was subsequently banned for life from all footballing activities, without the benefit of defending himself.

The Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) has now accepted an appeal from Samson on FIFA’s ruling.

His legal cost of defending himself is needed for him to clear his name. Siasia, the organizer, is reportedly based at Hatfield, East of England, United Kingdom.

When Sports Village Square checked the platform on Monday morning, the only donor was one Benson Ejindu who donated $200 of the targeted $250,000.

Before the appeal was launched on ‘GoFundMe’, former Nigerian international, Kingsley Onye had in a telephone interview told Sports Village Square that he would like current and former international Nigerian footballers to come to aid of the embattled Siasia.

Onye and Siasia were members of the Nigerian Under-20 team that won the third place in the then Soviet Union at the 1985 World Youth Championship, a competition that has since been renamed FIFA U20 World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Re: Samson Siasia Appeals for Funds as CAS Gives Date.......

SAMSON SIASIA GETS CAS DATE
4 HOURS AGO
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/202 ... -cas-date/

A date has been fixed for the hearing of appeal filed by former Nigeria footballer and coach, Samson Siasia at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

According to adantesport.com.ng, a panel of jurists that will hear the appeal has been set up.

SportingLife further reports that that the CAS hearing will take place at the CAS Court Office, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012, Lausanne, Switzerland on March 19, 2020.

CAS wrote Siasia on December 27, 2019 inviting him and FIFA representatives and their witnesses to appear at the hearing which will hold at 9.30 hours Swiss time.

The Arbitral panel is called upon to resolve the dispute between Samson Siasia and FIFA.

The embattled former Eagles Coach has once again solicited for financial support from all and sundry, friends and eminent Nigerians to help him raise funds to be able to attend the CAS hearing in order to clear his name concerning the FIFA allegations.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

Sorry, but why would he need a quarter of a million dollars to defend himself in front of a panel?

Damunk wrote:Sorry, but why would he need a quarter of a million dollars to defend himself in front of a panel?
Chief Damunk: Though I am NOT an attorney, but your choice of word (panel) is confusing. A PANEL could be, or comprises of Lawyers/Judges - sometimes.

In this case, maybe such amount (estimated) might be needed because HIGH PROFILE attorneys are required to present the case and to appeal to the next level if necessary.

Oya, CE membas, make evribodi bring him smol moni make we helep Siasia, dats all

Damunk wrote:Sorry, but why would he need a quarter of a million dollars to defend himself in front of a panel?
Chief Damunk: Though I am NOT an attorney, but your choice of word (panel) is confusing. A PANEL could be, or comprises of Lawyers/Judges - sometimes.

In this case, maybe such amount (estimated) might be needed because HIGH PROFILE attorneys are required to present the case and to appeal to the next level if necessary.

Oya, CE membas, make evribodi bring him smol moni make we helep Siasia, dats all
Odas...yes I get all that but I still don't get why he needs $250,000.
For starters, he doesn't need a high profile 'Johnny Cochran'-type lawyer.

Personally I'd recommend our very own Aruako1 or Gotti.
I'm sure they can give him an O ṣe'wọ price. :D

$250k :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: smh... I don’t blame him.

Why are you so concerned about the money? Did you contribute? Or you want some of it....what's your business with amount requested for? Did you click on the GoFundMe page to see the actual amount? Or you just went with the article and passed judgment?..smh

Purity

Post by Purity »

He needs $100k not $250k.
Breakdown: $50k for fine
extra $50k to appeal
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.

Purity wrote:He needs $100k not $250k.
Breakdown: $50k for fine
extra $50k to appeal
Extra 150 for chop?

danfo driver wrote:$250k :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: smh... I don’t blame him.
Bros, you are a Lawyer, why don't you get few of your colleagues and volunteer to represent Siasia?

Odas...yes I get all that but I still don't get why he needs $250,000.
For starters, he doesn't need a high profile 'Johnny Cochran'-type lawyer.

Personally I'd recommend our very own Aruako1 or Gotti.
I'm sure they can give him an O ṣe'wọ price. :D
Damunk: I agree the requested amount 'seems' high, but if he fails in the initial stage, will he put up another 'GoFundMe' campaign to request for more money?

On the other hand, isn't Siasia responsible for his flight fares, feeding and accommodation while the hearings or protocols and et al. are going on?

...the hearing is in Europe, therefore he need travel money with his contingent of counselors.
Lodging for him and them.
How long they will stay, who knows.
Anyway, good luck to him.

What's the pretext to this? If I donate, what am I consenting to? Does it mean I believe he's innocent or plain just helping a brother out. Some people may not want to donate unless they know he's justified in defending himself. Like two friends in a fight and one is asking you to support him without proving why. They may just be testing his popularity, perhaps they should have started this right after the news came out when it was still fresh.

Cmoke

Post by Cmoke »

I always tell people that it costs plenty money to prove your innocence. That na why in this life so many people dey plead guilty just to get on with their life.

Cmoke wrote:I always tell people that it costs plenty money to prove your innocence. That na why in this life so many people dey plead guilty just to get on with their life.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you are so right

Cmoke wrote:I always tell people that it costs plenty money to prove your innocence. That na why in this life so many people dey plead guilty just to get on with their life.
Cmoke, you are correct and hence many people are in prison for crimes they didn't commit. In fact, even in local communities, the village elders decide cases against those who doesn't grease their hands, periodically. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In this case, what is Siasia guilty of? Without money, will he survive? Fingers are crossed!

felarey wrote:What's the pretext to this? If I donate, what am I consenting to? Does it mean I believe he's innocent or plain just helping a brother out. Some people may not want to donate unless they know he's justified in defending himself. Like two friends in a fight and one is asking you to support him without proving why. They may just be testing his popularity, perhaps they should have started this right after the news came out when it was still fresh.
Well said.
Or like a politician accused by the EFCC.

Wow. He was on TV a few weeks ago appealing to his fans to come and support him. This is serious.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Lolly wrote:Wow. He was on TV a few weeks ago appealing to his fans to come and support him. This is serious.
Did he say anything? I'm one of his biggest fans but I think this fundraising isn't going through the roof cos people don't know what they're supporting. It's been a few months and the emotions and shock are now out of it.

Shame on CE and the likes of damunk and that uncle Tom Tom pajimoh...yall can't even help with the GoFundMe

Bigpokey24 wrote:Shame on CE and the likes of damunk and that uncle Tom Tom pajimoh...yall can't even help with the GoFundMe
Why should I help with the GoFundMe when I don't even believe his hands are clean.
Why you no contribute, instead of carrying shewens upandan? :idea:

Bigpokey24 wrote:Shame on CE and the likes of damunk and that uncle Tom Tom pajimoh...yall can't even help with the GoFundMe
Why should I help with the GoFundMe when I don't even believe his hands are clean.
So you've already convicted him?...smh

BP, I checked, you haven't donated, abeg do the needful! :taunt: