Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3393
when I hail coach rohr for all he has done for nigeria considering when he took charge, some will think I am just ranting. but look at it yourself. in a team consisting of Caf Xi, there isn't any nigerian player. currently, we do not have any superstars. on paper, our 11 isn't the top 3 best in Africa but we want to mandate our coach to Win ANC or termination. my guys, stop living in Delusional World. super eagles just have bunch of average players that can achieve with goodluck, time and patience. however, you cannot be average and arrogant. Humble yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:15 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6159
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Nah real wah for CAF...dem for kukuma just remove Afcon from torey...even with the highest scorer Ighalo, who was among the top 5 nominees for APOY...kai Ahmed vs peakmilk



It is really crappy. How can they list Aubameyang when he did nothing really in Gabon's shirt. BTW, how many games did Matip play for Cameroon NT or Cameroon club in the past year? Please remind me. Just ridiculous. Clearly, Ighalo deserves to be listed way ahead of Aubameyang. No contest really. The only reason this type of list gets produced is that CAF undervalues its own competitions in favor of European club football.

Kai, this is like Nigeria awarding Nigerian Player of the Year to Tammy Abraham or Ebere Eze. :boo:


No it's not neither of them are Nigerian internationals nor have they represented Nigeria at any international level.
Auba was the top scorer in a major league despite his team finishing 6th, Ighalo provided a great thread to tease tfco.

Also not having one of the best XI Africans players (whatever that fking means) reflects well on Rohr doesn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9997
Rawlings wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Until Ndidi moves to a big club, he would not be considered among Africa's best.
All the listed players, play for big clubs. Leicester is not a big club.


Hakim Ziyech (Ajax/Morocco) ... Ajax is no longer a big club
Ndidi is simply not up to scratch

Ajax is a traditionally big club.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18213
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Nah real wah for CAF...dem for kukuma just remove Afcon from torey...even with the highest scorer Ighalo, who was among the top 5 nominees for APOY...kai Ahmed vs peakmilk



It is really crappy. How can they list Aubameyang when he did nothing really in Gabon's shirt. BTW, how many games did Matip play for Cameroon NT or Cameroon club in the past year? Please remind me. Just ridiculous. Clearly, Ighalo deserves to be listed way ahead of Aubameyang. No contest really. The only reason this type of list gets produced is that CAF undervalues its own competitions in favor of European club football.

Kai, this is like Nigeria awarding Nigerian Player of the Year to Tammy Abraham or Ebere Eze. :boo:


No it's not neither of them are Nigerian internationals nor have they represented Nigeria at any international level.
Auba was the top scorer in a major league despite his team finishing 6th, Ighalo provided a great thread to tease tfco.

Also not having one of the best XI Africans players (whatever that fking means) reflects well on Rohr doesn't it?

Kalani

Was Matip a Cameroon international in 2019? The answer should give you a clue about the mention of Tammy Abraham.

On the issue of Aubameyang, please tell me what he did playing for Gabon that equaled or bettered what Ighalo did playing for Nigeria.

On Rohr? Why is that important to the debate? I do not see Rohr's relevance here and that is not a point that I am I. The leat interested in debating.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6159
Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Nah real wah for CAF...dem for kukuma just remove Afcon from torey...even with the highest scorer Ighalo, who was among the top 5 nominees for APOY...kai Ahmed vs peakmilk



It is really crappy. How can they list Aubameyang when he did nothing really in Gabon's shirt. BTW, how many games did Matip play for Cameroon NT or Cameroon club in the past year? Please remind me. Just ridiculous. Clearly, Ighalo deserves to be listed way ahead of Aubameyang. No contest really. The only reason this type of list gets produced is that CAF undervalues its own competitions in favor of European club football.

Kai, this is like Nigeria awarding Nigerian Player of the Year to Tammy Abraham or Ebere Eze. :boo:


No it's not neither of them are Nigerian internationals nor have they represented Nigeria at any international level.
Auba was the top scorer in a major league despite his team finishing 6th, Ighalo provided a great thread to tease tfco.

Also not having one of the best XI Africans players (whatever that fking means) reflects well on Rohr doesn't it?

Kalani

Was Matip a Cameroon international in 2019? The answer should give you a clue about the mention of Tammy Abraham.

On the issue of Aubameyang, please tell me what he did playing for Gabon that equaled or bettered what Ighalo did playing for Nigeria.

On Rohr? Why is that important to the debate? I do not see Rohr's relevance here and that is not a point that I am I. The leat interested in debating.


The Rohr thing wasn't directed at you, was more of a general comment towards the thread.

These awards try to incorporate the whole season, otherwise Mahrez wins ahead of Mane. There should be higher weighting given to international play but ultimately the AFCON is a three week, seven game tournament and I don't think it erase the accomplishments of a player's entire season. Also the tournament has its own awards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3393
enugu common brother you're smarter than this. Apoy and Caf Xi are individual awards not team award. what does aubemeyang has to do with Gabon not qualifying for ANC? remember when George weah won apoy in 1995? ask yourself where was liberians in African football. remember when ikpepa won apoy in 1997 ask yourself what he did for Nigeria. let's give credit where credit is due because on paper and squad wise in Africa, SE isn't the top 3 but we expect miracles. you can't be average and arrogant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8207
john12 wrote:
enugu common brother you're smarter than this. Apoy and Caf Xi are individual awards not team award. what does aubemeyang has to do with Gabon not qualifying for ANC? remember when George weah won apoy in 1995? ask yourself where was liberians in African football. remember when ikpepa won apoy in 1997 ask yourself what he did for Nigeria. let's give credit where credit is due because on paper and squad wise in Africa, SE isn't the top 3 but we expect miracles. you can't be average and arrogant

Preach on!!
My broda, you talk sense backed up with solid evidence.

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:31 am
Posts: 5326
Location: Denver
I blame Hayatou lol. But honestly CAF is doing any justice to promote football in Africa. I agree that Matip who has basically retired from the Cameroon national team has no business in that team. Ighalo definitely deserves to be there over Aubameyang

_________________
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8207
Rogermilla wrote:
I blame Hayatou lol. But honestly CAF is doing any justice to promote football in Africa. I agree that Matip who has basically retired from the Cameroon national team has no business in that team. Ighalo definitely deserves to be there over Aubameyang


:rotf: :laugh: :laugh: :woot: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18213
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Nah real wah for CAF...dem for kukuma just remove Afcon from torey...even with the highest scorer Ighalo, who was among the top 5 nominees for APOY...kai Ahmed vs peakmilk



It is really crappy. How can they list Aubameyang when he did nothing really in Gabon's shirt. BTW, how many games did Matip play for Cameroon NT or Cameroon club in the past year? Please remind me. Just ridiculous. Clearly, Ighalo deserves to be listed way ahead of Aubameyang. No contest really. The only reason this type of list gets produced is that CAF undervalues its own competitions in favor of European club football.

Kai, this is like Nigeria awarding Nigerian Player of the Year to Tammy Abraham or Ebere Eze. :boo:


No it's not neither of them are Nigerian internationals nor have they represented Nigeria at any international level.
Auba was the top scorer in a major league despite his team finishing 6th, Ighalo provided a great thread to tease tfco.

Also not having one of the best XI Africans players (whatever that fking means) reflects well on Rohr doesn't it?

Kalani

Was Matip a Cameroon international in 2019? The answer should give you a clue about the mention of Tammy Abraham.

On the issue of Aubameyang, please tell me what he did playing for Gabon that equaled or bettered what Ighalo did playing for Nigeria.

On Rohr? Why is that important to the debate? I do not see Rohr's relevance here and that is not a point that I am I. The leat interested in debating.


The Rohr thing wasn't directed at you, was more of a general comment towards the thread.

These awards try to incorporate the whole season, otherwise Mahrez wins ahead of Mane. There should be higher weighting given to international play but ultimately the AFCON is a three week, seven game tournament and I don't think it erase the accomplishments of a player's entire season. Also the tournament has its own awards.


Kalani,

The national teams were not only involved in an AFCON. They had qualifiers and international friendlies. IMHO, the club performance in a non-African shirt should not be the focus of CAF. Those performances are already taken into account in the awards in Europe.

AFCON should focus on performance in an African shirt. It is from that viewpoint that I analyze these players. BTW, the criterion that I suggest above is far more liberal than what Europe, Asia, and South America, AT PRESENT, use for their awards!

Yes, Mahrez could have also won deservedly. I would not have had any issues if had done so. That is why I have not mentioned his name. My beef is first about Matip who had 0 (ZERO) performance in an African shirt and Aubameyang whose performance in an African shirt certainly paled in comparison to what Ighalo did in an African shirt.

What is astonishing is that this same CAF insists that the goal of the year must be a goal scored while playing for an African team -- club or national team -- but yet won't put that meaningful restriction in its selection of the Player of the Year. I wonder what happened to consistency in criteria. this is why the absurdity of Matip's selection occurs, previously occurred with Samuel Kuffour, and will likely occur in the future.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49111
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Bigpokey24 wrote:
African best XI: Andre Onana (Ajax/Cameroon), Achraf Hakimi (Borussia Dortmund/Morocco), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli/Senegal), Joel Matip (Liverpool/Cameroon), Serge Aurier (Tottenham/Ivory Coast), Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City/Algeria), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Paris St-Germain/Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Ajax/Morocco), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt), Sadio Mane (Liverpool/Senegal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal/Gabon)

So not a single SE....not even Ndidi :rotf: ok CAF...carry on


NFF media department needs to do a better job of publicising and promoting the SE players.

For one, they could site stats to show that Ndidi is one of the best in the world and not just Africa.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49111
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Nah real wah for CAF...dem for kukuma just remove Afcon from torey...even with the highest scorer Ighalo, who was among the top 5 nominees for APOY...kai Ahmed vs peakmilk



It is really crappy. How can they list Aubameyang when he did nothing really in Gabon's shirt. BTW, how many games did Matip play for Cameroon NT or Cameroon club in the past year? Please remind me. Just ridiculous. Clearly, Ighalo deserves to be listed way ahead of Aubameyang. No contest really. The only reason this type of list gets produced is that CAF undervalues its own competitions in favor of European club football.

Kai, this is like Nigeria awarding Nigerian Player of the Year to Tammy Abraham or Ebere Eze. :boo:


No it's not neither of them are Nigerian internationals nor have they represented Nigeria at any international level.
Auba was the top scorer in a major league despite his team finishing 6th, Ighalo provided a great thread to tease tfco.

Also not having one of the best XI Africans players (whatever that fking means) reflects well on Rohr doesn't it?

Kalani

Was Matip a Cameroon international in 2019? The answer should give you a clue about the mention of Tammy Abraham.

On the issue of Aubameyang, please tell me what he did playing for Gabon that equaled or bettered what Ighalo did playing for Nigeria.

On Rohr? Why is that important to the debate? I do not see Rohr's relevance here and that is not a point that I am I. The leat interested in debating.


The Rohr thing wasn't directed at you, was more of a general comment towards the thread.

These awards try to incorporate the whole season, otherwise Mahrez wins ahead of Mane. There should be higher weighting given to international play but ultimately the AFCON is a three week, seven game tournament and I don't think it erase the accomplishments of a player's entire season. Also the tournament has its own awards.


Kalani,

The national teams were not only involved in an AFCON. They had qualifiers and international friendlies. IMHO, the club performance in a non-African shirt should not be the focus of CAF. Those performances are already taken into account in the awards in Europe.

AFCON should focus on performance in an African shirt. It is from that viewpoint that I analyze these players. BTW, the criterion that I suggest above is far more liberal than what Europe, Asia, and South America, AT PRESENT, use for their awards!

Yes, Mahrez could have also won deservedly. I would not have had any issues if had done so. That is why I have not mentioned his name. My beef is first about Matip who had 0 (ZERO) performance in an African shirt and Aubameyang whose performance in an African shirt certainly paled in comparison to what Ighalo did in an African shirt.

What is astonishing is that this same CAF insists that the goal of the year must be a goal scored while playing for an African team -- club or national team -- but yet won't put that meaningful restriction in its selection of the Player of the Year. I wonder what happened to consistency in criteria. this is why the absurdity of Matip's selection occurs, previously occurred with Samuel Kuffour, and will likely occur in the future.


Kpom!

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30819
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Nah real wah for CAF...dem for kukuma just remove Afcon from torey...even with the highest scorer Ighalo, who was among the top 5 nominees for APOY...kai Ahmed vs peakmilk



It is really crappy. How can they list Aubameyang when he did nothing really in Gabon's shirt. BTW, how many games did Matip play for Cameroon NT or Cameroon club in the past year? Please remind me. Just ridiculous. Clearly, Ighalo deserves to be listed way ahead of Aubameyang. No contest really. The only reason this type of list gets produced is that CAF undervalues its own competitions in favor of European club football.

Kai, this is like Nigeria awarding Nigerian Player of the Year to Tammy Abraham or Ebere Eze. :boo:


No it's not neither of them are Nigerian internationals nor have they represented Nigeria at any international level.
Auba was the top scorer in a major league despite his team finishing 6th, Ighalo provided a great thread to tease tfco.

Also not having one of the best XI Africans players (whatever that fking means) reflects well on Rohr doesn't it?

Kalani

Was Matip a Cameroon international in 2019? The answer should give you a clue about the mention of Tammy Abraham.

On the issue of Aubameyang, please tell me what he did playing for Gabon that equaled or bettered what Ighalo did playing for Nigeria.

On Rohr? Why is that important to the debate? I do not see Rohr's relevance here and that is not a point that I am I. The leat interested in debating.


The Rohr thing wasn't directed at you, was more of a general comment towards the thread.

These awards try to incorporate the whole season, otherwise Mahrez wins ahead of Mane. There should be higher weighting given to international play but ultimately the AFCON is a three week, seven game tournament and I don't think it erase the accomplishments of a player's entire season. Also the tournament has its own awards.


Kalani,

The national teams were not only involved in an AFCON. They had qualifiers and international friendlies. IMHO, the club performance in a non-African shirt should not be the focus of CAF. Those performances are already taken into account in the awards in Europe.

AFCON should focus on performance in an African shirt. It is from that viewpoint that I analyze these players. BTW, the criterion that I suggest above is far more liberal than what Europe, Asia, and South America, AT PRESENT, use for their awards!

Yes, Mahrez could have also won deservedly. I would not have had any issues if had done so. That is why I have not mentioned his name. My beef is first about Matip who had 0 (ZERO) performance in an African shirt and Aubameyang whose performance in an African shirt certainly paled in comparison to what Ighalo did in an African shirt.

What is astonishing is that this same CAF insists that the goal of the year must be a goal scored while playing for an African team -- club or national team -- but yet won't put that meaningful restriction in its selection of the Player of the Year. I wonder what happened to consistency in criteria. this is why the absurdity of Matip's selection occurs, previously occurred with Samuel Kuffour, and will likely occur in the future.


Kpom!


But those are still African players, no? Playing for Liverpool in a European competition doesn’t change the fact Mane is a Senegalese and an African player.

His performances for Liverpool is the foundational basis of his NT invitation. To completely ignore it as suggested makes zero sense...

What I would recommend is that greater weight be assigned to performance in AFCON...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18213
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
Txj

But those are still African players, no? Playing for Liverpool in a European competition doesn’t change the fact Mane is a Senegalese and an African player.

His performances for Liverpool is the foundational basis of his NT invitation. To completely ignore it as suggested makes zero sense...

What I would recommend is that greater weight be assigned to performance in AFCON...

Txj

Think through the argument above. Is the European or South American award based on whether one is European or South American? The answer is no. Their awards are based on performance in European and South American competitions respectively. I hope you also realize that while Mane is Senegalese and African that he is eligible for the European award based on the fact that he plays in European competitions. Now has Matip played in an African competition in 2019?

I hope you also realize that Messi and Neymar are not even eligible for the South American award which is stricter because it is restricted to players who are members of South American clubs and not just whether one plays in a South American competition. That they are South Americans matter diddly.

Now, let us take your point that the CAF awards is for Africans. Are you then claiming that if Lionel Messi (Argentine) is currently playing for TP Mazembe that he (Messi) should not be eligible for the African award because he is Argentine and not African?

The bottomline is that these awards make sense when they are awarded for performance in the competitions organized by the Confederation. That recognition of Matip is ridiculous and makes little sense same as the travesty that led to Samuel Kuffour's ward years ago.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:54 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6159
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Txj

But those are still African players, no? Playing for Liverpool in a European competition doesn’t change the fact Mane is a Senegalese and an African player.

His performances for Liverpool is the foundational basis of his NT invitation. To completely ignore it as suggested makes zero sense...

What I would recommend is that greater weight be assigned to performance in AFCON...

Txj

Think through the argument above. Is the European or South American award based on whether one is European or South American? The answer is no. Their awards are based on performance in European and South American competitions respectively. I hope you also realize that while Mane is Senegalese and African that he is eligible for the European award based on the fact that he plays in European competitions. Now has Matip played in an African competition in 2019?

I hope you also realize that Messi and Neymar are not even eligible for the South American award which is stricter because it is restricted to players who are members of South American clubs and not just whether one plays in a South American competition. That they are South Americans matter diddly.

Now, let us take your point that the CAF awards is for Africans. Are you then claiming that if Lionel Messi (Argentine) is currently playing for TP Mazembe that he (Messi) should not be eligible for the African award because he is Argentine and not African?

The bottomline is that these awards make sense when they are awarded for performance in the competitions organized by the Confederation. That recognition of Matip is ridiculous and makes little sense same as the travesty that led to Samuel Kuffour's ward years ago.


There isn't a European award so to speak of and CAF clearly relies on star power so they can't be strict as CONMEBOL.

Also what was the Sammy Kuffour travesty?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2633
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Txj

But those are still African players, no? Playing for Liverpool in a European competition doesn’t change the fact Mane is a Senegalese and an African player.

His performances for Liverpool is the foundational basis of his NT invitation. To completely ignore it as suggested makes zero sense...

What I would recommend is that greater weight be assigned to performance in AFCON...

Txj

Think through the argument above. Is the European or South American award based on whether one is European or South American? The answer is no. Their awards are based on performance in European and South American competitions respectively. I hope you also realize that while Mane is Senegalese and African that he is eligible for the European award based on the fact that he plays in European competitions. Now has Matip played in an African competition in 2019?

I hope you also realize that Messi and Neymar are not even eligible for the South American award which is stricter because it is restricted to players who are members of South American clubs and not just whether one plays in a South American competition. That they are South Americans matter diddly.

Now, let us take your point that the CAF awards is for Africans. Are you then claiming that if Lionel Messi (Argentine) is currently playing for TP Mazembe that he (Messi) should not be eligible for the African award because he is Argentine and not African?

The bottomline is that these awards make sense when they are awarded for performance in the competitions organized by the Confederation. That recognition of Matip is ridiculous and makes little sense same as the travesty that led to Samuel Kuffour's ward years ago.


Totally agree with EnuguII but the funny part about it is that the CAF award has no basis on anything.....

If you based it on AFCON and other CAF tournaments, Matip and co should not smell the list.

If you base it on individual accolades.....Pepe with his stats last year should make the list.

The issue with CAF is that like most African countries.....it is all over the place due to poor leadership.

EnuguII is right, I don’t really care if Ndidi or Ighalo makes the list but at this rate, the AFCON is becoming a nuisance rather than a tournament u want to honor....

If Matip wants to be the best player in African or even Ebere Eze....CAF just told them that u don’t need to honor national team calls just be the best in ur club team. Thus if Messi was African from Burundi, but never played in an African club side or national team, he will be the best African player year in year our......

Now tell me why I will waste my summer to compete in AFCON? Ain’t like we are going to win it anyways.

If Tammy Abraham scores 77 goal next Euros.....don’t be surprised if CAF makes him the best player next year. Lol

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30819
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Txj

But those are still African players, no? Playing for Liverpool in a European competition doesn’t change the fact Mane is a Senegalese and an African player.

His performances for Liverpool is the foundational basis of his NT invitation. To completely ignore it as suggested makes zero sense...

What I would recommend is that greater weight be assigned to performance in AFCON...

Txj

Think through the argument above. Is the European or South American award based on whether one is European or South American? The answer is no. Their awards are based on performance in European and South American competitions respectively. I hope you also realize that while Mane is Senegalese and African that he is eligible for the European award based on the fact that he plays in European competitions. Now has Matip played in an African competition in 2019?

I hope you also realize that Messi and Neymar are not even eligible for the South American award which is stricter because it is restricted to players who are members of South American clubs and not just whether one plays in a South American competition. That they are South Americans matter diddly.

Now, let us take your point that the CAF awards is for Africans. Are you then claiming that if Lionel Messi (Argentine) is currently playing for TP Mazembe that he (Messi) should not be eligible for the African award because he is Argentine and not African?

The bottomline is that these awards make sense when they are awarded for performance in the competitions organized by the Confederation. That recognition of Matip is ridiculous and makes little sense same as the travesty that led to Samuel Kuffour's ward years ago.


But CAF has an award specific to performance by a player based in Africa, similar to CONMEBOL.

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8761
This selection is clearly a reflection of the outcome of the power tussle between the various factions of the CAF❗️


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10323
Location: loughborough.
john12 wrote:
when I hail coach rohr for all he has done for nigeria considering when he took charge, some will think I am just ranting. but look at it yourself. in a team consisting of Caf Xi, there isn't any nigerian player. currently, we do not have any superstars. on paper, our 11 isn't the top 3 best in Africa but we want to mandate our coach to Win ANC or termination. my guys, stop living in Delusional World. super eagles just have bunch of average players that can achieve with goodluck, time and patience. however, you cannot be average and arrogant. Humble yourself.
Rohr has not achieved anything special with the SE. Let´s hear word jo!

WC qualification and AfCON Bronze, we will not hear word again!

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11313
WTF is Aurier doing in there?! :shock:

To be honest the only Nigerian player that would get near Africa's best XI is Ndidi. But then he has Partey and Gueye standing in front of him.

Bigpokey24 wrote:
African best XI: Andre Onana (Ajax/Cameroon), Achraf Hakimi (Borussia Dortmund/Morocco), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli/Senegal), Joel Matip (Liverpool/Cameroon), Serge Aurier (Tottenham/Ivory Coast), Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City/Algeria), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Paris St-Germain/Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Ajax/Morocco), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt), Sadio Mane (Liverpool/Senegal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal/Gabon)

So not a single SE....not even Ndidi :rotf: ok CAF...carry on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39668
Location: Land of the Terrapins
wiseone wrote:
WTF is Aurier doing in there?! :shock:

To be honest the only Nigerian player that would get near Africa's best XI is Ndidi. But then he has Partey and Gueye standing in front of him.

Bigpokey24 wrote:
African best XI: Andre Onana (Ajax/Cameroon), Achraf Hakimi (Borussia Dortmund/Morocco), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli/Senegal), Joel Matip (Liverpool/Cameroon), Serge Aurier (Tottenham/Ivory Coast), Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City/Algeria), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Paris St-Germain/Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Ajax/Morocco), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt), Sadio Mane (Liverpool/Senegal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal/Gabon)

So not a single SE....not even Ndidi :rotf: ok CAF...carry on


Let’s name alternatives sha...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11313
The only serious changes to that 11 is to get rid of Aurier (a joke selection) and perhaps Ziyech since having him in the team along with the Fantastic Four of Salah, Mane, PAE, and Mahrez will make the team too attacking. They would essentially be playing 4-1-5 to fit in all those attackers! No balance. Maybe Partey, Ndidi, Kondogbia, or Diawara instead of Ziyech.

maceo4 wrote:
wiseone wrote:
WTF is Aurier doing in there?! :shock:

To be honest the only Nigerian player that would get near Africa's best XI is Ndidi. But then he has Partey and Gueye standing in front of him.

Bigpokey24 wrote:
African best XI: Andre Onana (Ajax/Cameroon), Achraf Hakimi (Borussia Dortmund/Morocco), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli/Senegal), Joel Matip (Liverpool/Cameroon), Serge Aurier (Tottenham/Ivory Coast), Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City/Algeria), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Paris St-Germain/Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Ajax/Morocco), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt), Sadio Mane (Liverpool/Senegal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal/Gabon)

So not a single SE....not even Ndidi :rotf: ok CAF...carry on


Let’s name alternatives sha...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11313
wiseone wrote:
The only serious changes to that 11 is to get rid of Aurier (a joke selection) and perhaps Ziyech since having him in the team along with the Fantastic Four of Salah, Mane, PEA, and Mahrez will make the team too attacking. They would essentially be playing 4-1-5 to fit in all those attackers! No balance. Maybe Partey, Ndidi, Kondogbia, or Diawara instead of Ziyech.

maceo4 wrote:
wiseone wrote:
WTF is Aurier doing in there?! :shock:

To be honest the only Nigerian player that would get near Africa's best XI is Ndidi. But then he has Partey and Gueye standing in front of him.

Bigpokey24 wrote:
African best XI: Andre Onana (Ajax/Cameroon), Achraf Hakimi (Borussia Dortmund/Morocco), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli/Senegal), Joel Matip (Liverpool/Cameroon), Serge Aurier (Tottenham/Ivory Coast), Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City/Algeria), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Paris St-Germain/Senegal), Hakim Ziyech (Ajax/Morocco), Mohamed Salah (Liverpool/Egypt), Sadio Mane (Liverpool/Senegal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal/Gabon)

So not a single SE....not even Ndidi :rotf: ok CAF...carry on


Let’s name alternatives sha...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], imehjunior and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group