NFF, nigerian journalist didn't vote oshoala

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF, nigerian journalist didn't vote oshoala

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote:Just like I thought, Daily Trust were being mischievous.

Every Nigerian that voted did give her some points, except Ahmed Usuf who either did not vote for anyone or did not get his votes registered.

Here is how they voted.

https://images.cafonline.com/image/uplo ... rbkhr7.pdf
Kanu Nwankwo! Top man always! :clap:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:1. The Falcons goalkeeper heroics was the reason they qualified for the world cup, and got to and won the African Women Cup.
So it should be the goalkeeper not Oshoala who should be vying for the women's title.

2. The other two non-naija players were better than Oshoala at both the world cup and the African cup tournaments, therefore those other two players deserve the women's title not Oshoala.
Fa fa foul!! You can no longer judge with the AWCON as it took place in 2018 not 2019 which is year under consideration. So your 1st point is pure BS. This year Kgatlana has been very poor. As for the Camerounian, if it was just about the World Cup i will say yes but we are talking about a calender year where Asisat is the 2nd highest scorer currently in La liga and in the year in questing scored close to 20 goals for Barcelona including their 1st ever goal in the Champions League Final . Bro give it a rest, Asisat is moce than deserving in 2019.
Make sure you watch Oshoala at the Olympics.
Sorry you will see the other ladies you mentioned who are those that deserve the title.

There is no need to be patriotic. Speak the truth ALWAYS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

felarey wrote:The issue for the Naija voters is that she won the award without their votes.
How did you come to this conclusion if they all awarded her some points?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:1. The Falcons goalkeeper heroics was the reason they qualified for the world cup, and got to and won the African Women Cup.
So it should be the goalkeeper not Oshoala who should be vying for the women's title.

2. The other two non-naija players were better than Oshoala at both the world cup and the African cup tournaments, therefore those other two players deserve the women's title not Oshoala.
Fa fa foul!! You can no longer judge with the AWCON as it took place in 2018 not 2019 which is year under consideration. So your 1st point is pure BS. This year Kgatlana has been very poor. As for the Camerounian, if it was just about the World Cup i will say yes but we are talking about a calender year where Asisat is the 2nd highest scorer currently in La liga and in the year in questing scored close to 20 goals for Barcelona including their 1st ever goal in the Champions League Final . Bro give it a rest, Asisat is moce than deserving in 2019.
Sorry you will see the other ladies you mentioned who are those that deserve the title.

You don come again. Kgatlana is not going to any Olympics anytime soon, while Cameroun have struggled. You do know that Oshoala scored in every Olympic qualifier she played in last year. Also i thought the award was for performances in 2019 not 2018 or 2020. If you are saying i am being swayed by patriotism why is it that she was voted overwhelmingly by non-Nigerians. What were they swayed by? You can clearly see that you are the one not being objective. The award was absolutely spot-on.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

You don come again. Kgatlana is not going to any Olympics anytime soon, while Cameroun have struggled. You do know that Oshoala scored in every Olympic qualifier she played in last year. Also i thought the award was for performances in 2019 not 2018 or 2020. If you are saying i am being swayed by patriotism why is it that she was voted overwhelmingly by non-Nigerians. What were they swayed by? You can clearly see that you are the one not being objective. The award was absolutely spot-on.
Regarding the bold, it is because the non-Nigerians are not close to the Falcons or close enough to know the Falcons; remember Oshoala missed regular game time penalties & Falcons relied on other players to take post-extra-time penalty kicks that determined the winners; also mind you that Oshoala skyed/balooned away goal scoring chances that would have given Falcons victory in regular 90min time thus avoiding shootout penalties. Note that the GK saved shootout penalties.

Infact, Ohale the central defender is the other player that should be in competition with the GK for a title award, not Oshoala. Ohale & the GK saved several scoring chances by the opponents that would have given the Falcons losses.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

1naija wrote:
felarey wrote:The issue for the Naija voters is that she won the award without their votes.
How did you come to this conclusion if they all awarded her some points?
The did, but didn't put her first. Winning it all just makes them look bad even though they had a right to vote their conscience.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

Regarding the bold, it is because the non-Nigerians are not close to the Falcons or close enough to know the Falcons; remember Oshoala missed regular game time penalties & Falcons relied on other players to take post-extra-time penalty kicks that determined the winners; also mind you that Oshoala skyed/balooned away goal scoring chances that would have given Falcons victory in regular 90min time thus avoiding shootout penalties. Note that the GK saved shootout penalties.

Infact, Ohale the central defender is the other player that should be in competition with the GK for a title award, not Oshoala. Ohale & the GK saved several scoring chances by the opponents that would have given the Falcons losses.
You are not getting it. This competition that you keep on referring to TOOK PLACE IN 2018! Who won the African player of the year in 2018? Was it not Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa purely because of her performance in that tournament. Are you telling me that they would use a tournament that took place in 2018 to judge a player's performance in 2019? Did anybody quarrel with Asisat losing out for the 2018 award? Let me repeat, the 2019 African Footballer of the year is BASED ON THE PLAYER'S PERFORMANCE IN 2019!!! By a country mile based on performances during the calendar year of 2019, Asisat has been the best. She holds her own in a team filled with WORLD CLASS PLAYERS! week in week out. Currently is the 2nd highest scorer in laliga also progressing well in the champions league. Please name any other African player playing at her level currently. In 2019, she became the first female Barcelona player to score in the Champions League final! I agree she struggled in 2018 but the period under review is 2019 not 2018, which would go that as one of, if not the most productive year in her career ever!! When you continue to refer to a tournament that took place in 2018 you prove my point that you are not being objective.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

You are not getting it. This competition that you keep on referring to TOOK PLACE IN 2018! Who won the African player of the year in 2018? Was it not Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa purely because of her performance in that tournament. Are you telling me that they would use a tournament that took place in 2018 to judge a player's performance in 2019? Did anybody quarrel with Asisat losing out for the 2018 award? Let me repeat, the 2019 African Footballer of the year is BASED ON THE PLAYER'S PERFORMANCE IN 2019!!! By a country mile based on performances during the calendar year of 2019, Asisat has been the best. She holds her own in a team filled with WORLD CLASS PLAYERS! week in week out. Currently is the 2nd highest scorer in laliga also progressing well in the champions league. Please name any other African player playing at her level currently. In 2019, she became the first female Barcelona player to score in the Champions League final! I agree she struggled in 2018 but the period under review is 2019 not 2018, which would go that as one of, if not the most productive year in her career ever!! When you continue to refer to a tournament that took place in 2018 you prove my point that you are not being objective.
World Cup & part of its qualifying was played in 2019.
Olympic Games qualifying was played in 2019.
All of them participated in those, and the players I talked about performed better than Oshoala.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

fabio wrote:
heavyd wrote:Osasu is a ffiend of mine and he has been collecting so much heat for this. Oshoala has even blocked him on twitter. :???:

I think it was very immature from Oshoala. Every one is entitled to their opinion and Osasu and others only voted for the person they felt was the best.
She blocked him, excellent!!!!
She had blocked him like two years ago long before this issue.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Adisboy wrote:

World Cup & part of its qualifying was played in 2019.
Olympic Games qualifying was played in 2019.
All of them participated in those, and the players I talked about performed better than Oshoala.
I guess you are entitled to your own opinion which by all accounts in not objective. There were no World Cup qualifiers in 2019. Also in the Olympic qualifiers Asisat scored in EVERY game she played in. Kgatlana score once in the World Cup, same as Asisat Kgatlana never one player of the match in any game. Asisat won the player of the match against South Korea. The only player that i can agree was possibly rhe the best at the World Cup was the Camerounian Ajara. But taking 2019 as a whole, e.g after the WC Ajara & Kgatlana have been average, while Asisat has been scoring for club & country. She was well worth the Award in 2019.
Tactical
Egg
Egg

Post by Tactical »

Dammy wrote:It seems there's a vendetta against her, for all 5 of them not to vote for her.
You dey mind these holier than thou people.

Ahmed Fresh didn't even vote. He wasted the voted!!! Why not say you won't vote so that another person will vote. His action speaks volume of the vendetta.

Perpetua voted her 5th. 5th for crying out loud!!! Was Oshoala that bad?

Did other nations vote Ighalo in CAF XI for his afcon performance? People say he didn't have much in club performance. Ok, but what about Ndidi? Why was he not voted for his club performance?

Assuming Oshoala played rubbish all through (which is not even the case...clubwise she was much better than Falcons' performance), I will still vote her because the CAF awards are a rubbish awards already.
Tactical
Egg
Egg

Post by Tactical »

Niyi and Lacidi, you know Osasu very well. He thinks he's the only one who tells the truth in the whole of Africa.

Oshoala blocked him 2 years ago. She said she doesn't even remember why she blocked him. So, go figure why he didn't vote her.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tactical wrote:Niyi and Lacidi, you know Osasu very well. He thinks he's the only one who tells the truth in the whole of Africa.

Oshoala blocked him 2 years ago. She said she doesn't even remember why she blocked him. So, go figure why he didn't vote her.
You know the bloke very well, arrogant and full of himself. I told him off on WhatsApp.
I am happy